Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm pretty happy. 6-2 with a big divisional lead

It does feel awesome but lots of concerns that keep creeping up. Penalties , drop, self inflicted mistakes that keep us in tight games. Maybe it is what it is and this is what to expect. The next eight games are about as tough as opponents as anyone could ask for. Still lots of areas to improve. I think we need two out of four against Sf, Pitt Seattle or  Arizona if we want to believe we have something here.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

there are 3-4 elite teams in the AFC and then a whole bunch at the next tier. That next tier (where the Bills are) are like a full 14 to

21-points behind the elite teams. Just look at when the 5-3 Browns try to play the Steelers or ravens, or the 6-2 Bills try to play the chiefs. 

I'm not quite that down on the Bills as you are. I think if the Bills offense is in high gear, they can beat anyone. The key word here is if. 

I'm just going to enjoy the season for what it is. As of this moment, the Bills are a good football team. Unfortunately, they are not a great/ellite team. Hopefully they can find themselves as the season evolves.  

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

4-0, MVP Josh remains a thing of the past.

Did little to help our point differential.

Some of the post-game takes on here are bizarre. There are legitimate concerns coming out of this game, but Allen and the point differential are not two of them.

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, HomeTeam said:

I'm not quite that down on the Bills as you are. I think if the Bills offense is in high gear, they can beat anyone. The key word here is if. 

I'm just going to enjoy the season for what it is. As of this moment, the Bills are a good football team. Unfortunately, they are not a great/ellite team. Hopefully they can find themselves as the season evolves.  

Actually, I am right there with you. I just think there are a few teams that seem to be in a totally different league this year. The Steelers, Ravens, and chiefs are just complete teams— all across every unit, along with their coaches. 

but I agree— if the offense is clicking on all cylinders, they can play with these teams. But that’s also a big If. They obviously couldn’t do it against KC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Any team can have a bad game in one aspect but the Bills D is consistently terrible. It's their identity, especially run D.

The Bills identity this year is their offense. That's where the talent capital went and that's paying off. Today was largely back on track for them against a good defense and it was good to see the run game come out against a team dedicated to stopping the pass.

On defense, Buffalo is largely a victim of not having TC and preseason to acclimate all the new defensive lineman, opt outs, free agent signings that aren't working, and some injuries. This largely isn't fixable in total this season, but we've seen Buffalo he able to defend what they want to defend and play well in spurts. 

6-2. We’ve seen the offense to have success. But I question Daboll at times.... run game needs to keep improving.

Bills defense has zero ability to push the pocket. Our DTs can’t get in the backfield and the LBers have zero instinct and Klein can not run to the sideline. Our secondary can’t make a play and give huge cushions all game.

I know our offense can push top 5, but is realistically at best right now around top 10. Our defense just need the DL to step up.

We will see exactly what the FO thinks of this team. I bet they make no effort to bring in or trade for a player with ability, which tells me they don’t really have that high of expectations..... 

Theres no way you watch this defense on film and think we can compete with the real SB contenders.

Beane flopped in FA last year with this defense.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Some of the post-game takes on here are bizarre. There are legitimate concerns coming out of this game, but Allen and the point differential are not two of them.

I absolutely appreciate the calm, smart, unselfish Allen playing behind center today. Even seeing the chemistry between he and Diggs after the route miscommunication was a great thing. This was a growth game even if it did not look like it to folks wanting to see the ball aired-out against a NE defense that is built to stop the pass.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, sven233 said:

We'll take the win, but man......this team is in desperate need of a dominant 1-tech DT.  That 1 piece alone would make the entire defense better.

Beane has a couple days to make it happen.  Really hope he is able to find a beast up front. 

I would agree with this. If they actually want to compete for anything this year that is the kind of acquisition we would badly need. 

My gut tells me that it's on the shopping list for next offseason.

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

In the past I would feel sorry for you.  I don't feel that way for anyone who thinks that anymore.

I didn’t ask you to feel sorry for me. If this team was playing the way it had the first 4 weeks and they were 6-2, I would be fine with this win. The fact is this is a very flawed team. Every chance McDermott gets a chance to show he has progressed as a coach, he does not.