Any Love for Bojo?

BisonMan

Oddly, the last two games reminded me of the days when our punter (Moorman) was the best player on the field for the Bills. 

Everyone wanted Bojo's head at the start of the season but he's had a very good year so far, including a few kicks that completely flipped the field position in games. His stat line through 6 weeks is very good. He's 3rd in average punt distance and 6th in net punting yards. He's only had 2 touchbacks in 16 kicks so far this year. Against KC, all 4 of his punts ended up inside the 20 with a 53.2 yard average and less that 1/2 yard average return. 

A shining spot across the last two games when the rest of the squad didn't look very good.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Oddly, the last two games reminded me of the days when our punter (Moorman) was the best player on the field for the Bills. 

Everyone wanted Bojo's head at the start of the season but he's had a very good year so far, including a few kicks that completely flipped the field position in games. His stat line through 6 weeks is very good. He's 3rd in average punt distance and 6th in net punting yards. He's only had 2 touchbacks in 16 kicks so far this year. Against KC, all 4 of his punts ended up inside the 20 with a 53.2 yard average and less that 1/2 yard average return. 

A shining spot across the last two games when the rest of the squad didn't look very good.

My 2 cents.

This past game was good for Bojo though I want to see the laces and ball position on that missed FG.  Punt placement was very very good, no complaints.

The previous game I've posted before about what role I think punt placement had in that 40 yd return.  And "Laces Out, Bojo!"

• Like (+1) 2

Lots of love for the kid as a punter.  Sure, he could be better on the shorter punts, but when he has to boom one, he usually does a great job.  As a holder, he sucks obv, but it’s not rocket science.  He can improve 

Just now, NewEra said:

Lots of love for the kid as a punter.  Sure, he could be better on the shorter punts, but when he has to boom one, he usually does a great job.  As a holder, he sucks obv, but it’s not rocket science.  He can improve 

Everyone always says they "can improve", but how much are you willing to lose before they do? If they ever do. He has contributed to quite a few missed kicks at this point, just but the backup QB out there and mitigate the risk. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Everyone always says they "can improve", but how much are you willing to lose before they do? If they ever do. He has contributed to quite a few missed kicks at this point, just but the backup QB out there and mitigate the risk. 

So you propose that we cut him now?  

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You can develop and improve your players AND win games. Do you think Bojo was at all to blame for the loss yesterday?

Just now, MJS said:

You can develop and improve your players AND win games. Do you think Bojo was at all to blame for the loss yesterday?

I didn't say get rid of him, just get him away from holding. The guy has blown holds since he has been here. He should've improved by now and he isn't even doing the basics right. Missed kicks blow games (I'm not saying yesterday but in general), and he has a big part to do with that. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you propose that we cut him now?  

Just take him off holding. Did I say cut? Mitigate is the key term. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

I didn't say get rid of him, just get him away from holding. The guy has blown holds since he has been here. He should've improved by now and he isn't even doing the basics right. Missed kicks blow games (I'm not saying yesterday but in general), and he has a big part to do with that. 

The one kick I saw yesterday he rotated the ball perfectly. I didn't see on the missed kick.

I'm assuming he's working on it. And holding kicks seems like something that can easily be improved by simply getting more practice reps and just putting in the time.

Does Barkley have experience holding kicks? Or would he be starting from square 1?

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

When we lose a game because of this I'll worry about it.  when we get blown out because we cant stop the run, i'm not losing sleep over a young punter who is booming his punts being sub optimal on FG holds

• Thank you (+1) 1