Bucs at Bears. TNF thread.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went to bed and missed it. I’m so pissed. I love how Arians and Brady are trying to say he knew the down. That’s even worse than just admitting it. 

Yeah.  For all the Brady haters, it was fantastic theatre..  The greatest of all time didn't know what down it was.  The whole NFL is smiling today outside of Tampa.

22 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yeah.  For all the Brady haters, it was fantastic theatre..  The greatest of all time didn't know what down it was.  The whole NFL is smiling today outside of Tampa.

that's what happens when Ernie Adams is not in your headset during the whole play

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, haroldwaide said:

I thought it was here, but I swear I remember the post game interview where he mentioned trying to get to where the last play wasn't a complete hail Mary and had a somewhat decent chance to succeed...

It’s weird that there’s no video of it, and I only found one news article....

Fittingly perhaps, the game and the Lions' postseason ended with backup quarterback Frank Reich spiking the ball to stop the clock with 8 seconds left. On fourth down. Detroit goes home, and the Buccaneers go to Green Bay for the next round.

Post-Game Reporter: "Did you know it was 4th down"

BradyCheat: "We all have to do a better job"

Great teammate

20 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Post-Game Reporter: "Did you know it was 4th down"

BradyCheat: "We all have to do a better job"

Great teammate

How do you think his teammates feel after he chews them out on the sideline then pulls this brain fart?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How do you think his teammates feel after he chews them out on the sideline then pulls this brain fart?

After he was having his hissy fit on the OLman  I was thinking (after thinking wish that guy would punch him in the face) who would want to block for this a-hole after that.  I was fantasizing the next offensive play that all 5 would do an Ole' and watch him get buried in 1200 lbs of DL

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

nah. This is my favorite Tom Brady moment:

I knew what your clip was, and it wouldn't load at this forum.

So I opened it up over at Youtube, waited through the commercial, and then STILL enjoyed it like it was the first time I had seen it, despite having seen it 10,000 times.

It's the hit that never gets old! 

Has to be the best Brady highlight in existence.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And he's still a whiny b---h.

What a sore ***** loser Brady is

Is it me or does the 2020 Bucs remind anyone of the 2002 Bills? On paper it’s a Super Bowl team and then when put on the field they’re meh at best. Arians is such an overrated HC. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What a sore ***** loser Brady is

Is it me or does the 2020 Bucs remind anyone of the 2002 Bills? On paper it’s a Super Bowl team and then when put on the field they’re meh at best. Arians is such an overrated HC. 

Belichick went with a heavy run-oriented offense the last few years to try to save Brady's arm for the post season. It is inevitable at Brady's age that his arm will get gradually less effective as the season progresses. We have seen it in older QBs before - they tend to get noodle arm. The Bears defense was able to put a lot of pressure on him with just a 4-man rush so they can do a lot of things well defensively that other clubs cannot use.

I do think Brady's move was childish and shows the level of self-centered ego he possesses, but we knew that before and have seen the pouting and tantrums. I am sure he did not like the fact that Belichick took his backup QB and played KC down to the wire this week too as it lent credence to the argument that Brady's success was rooted in the system and game plans that Belichick devises that tilts the field in the Patriots favor whether Brady is there or not.

Of course Belichick will also exploit any avenue of gaining an edge even outside the rules, which Brady gladly went along with which will taint both their legacies.

• Like (+1) 2

No one has mentioned this.

And I got the feeling immediately away after watching.

After watching him for almost 20 years, he did not react as if he KNEW he had another down.  

He knows the expectations set on him.  So I honestly feel he made it up.

He knew it was 4th down, but pretended like it was third, so he could have an excuse for his bad throw in tight coverage (nearly intercepted).

His body language/long pause give it away.

Ask yourself this.  How would he have reacted if he REALLY thought he had one more down left.

Freaking liar.  

It's possible he simply forgot, but I doubt it.

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

Belichick went with a heavy run-oriented offense the last few years to try to save Brady's arm for the post season. It is inevitable at Brady's age that his arm will get gradually less effective as the season progresses. We have seen it in older QBs before - they tend to get noodle arm. The Bears defense was able to put a lot of pressure on him with just a 4-man rush so they can do a lot of things well defensively that other clubs cannot use.

I do think Brady's move was childish and shows the level of self-centered ego he possesses, but we knew that before and have seen the pouting and tantrums. I am sure he did not like the fact that Belichick took his backup QB and played KC down to the wire this week too as it lent credence to the argument that Brady's success was rooted in the system and game plans that Belichick devises that tilts the field in the Patriots favor whether Brady is there or not.

Of course Belichick will also exploit any avenue of gaining an edge even outside the rules, which Brady gladly went along with which will taint both their legacies.

Errr.....KC beat NE 26-10.  The backup QBs only managed 3 points until the 4th Q.  Hoyer threw 1 pick and lost a fumble, Stidham threw 2 picks.  NE had 185 yds rushing.

I would give credit for the game being reasonably close until the end of the 4Q to the NE D and to the NE run game, not to the backup QB.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errr.....KC beat NE 26-10.  The backup QBs only managed 3 points until the 4th Q.  Hoyer threw 1 pick and lost a fumble, Stidham threw 2 picks.  NE had 185 yds rushing.

I would give credit for the game being reasonably close until the end of the 4Q to the NE D and to the NE run game, not to the backup QB.

I know KC won, but Belichick kept the game close, and it may have been closer had the officials not erased a clear Mahommes fumble deep in their own territory.

He did it with basically scrubs at QB and strong defense.

I cannot believe that there were some that thought Stidham was going to walk onto the field and be a star just because Belichick was there. Ol' Bill still needs some vet savvy to execute his game plans to win.

Either way keeping that game close, and being able to roll with Newton in previous games, what does that say about the value that Brady brought to NE especially later in his career?

There were plenty of articles that delved into the breakup and hurt pride, but my thoughts are that Belichick has a better chance (with Cam) of delivering in the post season than Brady has with Tampa.

Time will tell. The ideal scenario is we knock NE off and the Bucs miss the post season too. That way they both are sidelined and irrelevant.

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

I know KC won, but Belichick kept the game close, and it may have been closer had the officials not erased a clear Mahommes fumble deep in their own territory.

He did it with basically scrubs at QB and strong defense.

I cannot believe that there were some that thought Stidham was going to walk onto the field and be a star just because Belichick was there. Ol' Bill still needs some vet savvy to execute his game plans to win.

Either way keeping that game close, and being able to roll with Newton in previous games, what does that say about the value that Brady brought to NE especially later in his career?

There were plenty of articles that delved into the breakup and hurt pride, but my thoughts are that Belichick has a better chance (with Cam) of delivering in the post season than Brady has with Tampa.

Time will tell. The ideal scenario is we knock NE off and the Bucs miss the post season too. That way they both are sidelined and irrelevant.

I've been saying for months that I can't believe Belicheat's plan was to go into the season with Stidham or Hoyer.  Cam fell into their laps by not getting picked-up by anyone else and agreeing to play for peanuts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Its just so wonderful when Tom loses and then acts the child for us all to see, it just reinforces the giant asterisks on his career, and to make things all the better, the patsies lost as well, 😁👍 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think he did, he’s always been a pre Madonna when he loses. 

Yup, Tawmy has a long history of tantrums, pouting, and poor sportsmanship, this, on top of knowingly befitting from years of Belichiks constant cheating, the giant asterisks on his career is never going away. When someone is a cheat at their life’s work it makes them dishonorable and untrustworthy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, Tawmy has a long history of tantrums, pouting, and poor sportsmanship, this, on top of knowingly befitting from years of Belichiks constant cheating, the giant asterisks on his career is never going away. When someone is a cheat at their life’s work it makes them dishonorable and untrustworthy. 

Definitely for sure.  He’s probably more pissed that the refs aren’t bailing him out like they used to when he was in New England

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Definitely for sure.  He’s probably more pissed that the refs aren’t bailing him out like they used to when he was in New England

You got that right, It is my hope he continues to embarrass himself and tarnish his reputation so folk see who is really is. 

I know he's not everyone's favorite - but enjoyed Rome's take on Brady's BS 

Answer: hell yes. He had no idea what down it was. I’ll get to his crappy explanation later, but believe me – he didn’t know what down it was. Why else would he be standing on the field holding up four fingers?

And that is absolutely, completely inexcusable.  BORDERLINE CRIMINAL. You can’t do that in a two-minute drill. Actually, you can’t do that any time. Certainly not if you’re Tom Brady.

Who are you, Brian Hoyer? Except Hoyer would know what down it was. He wouldn’t know how many timeouts there were, but he’d know what down it was.

Was that a senior moment from the old man? He looked totally confused and completely lost, like a KID who can’t find his parents in a grocery store.

Tom Brady is supposed to be a detail guy. Remember over the summer when he was going to his offensive coordinator’s house when he shouldn’t have been and when he was getting the guys together at a high school when they shouldn’t have been, wasn’t  that all about the details?

Maybe instead of having practices together, they should’ve just done basic numbers. Tom, this is a one, that’s followed by this number, two, and then this one, three, and then comes four. And four is important in football because there is no fifth down.  And then after you learn to count, we can get to work on your ABC’S, tommy. 

And by the way, if you do somehow, some way forget, there are usually some signs around the stadium to help you out. There’s the dude on the sideline with the number and usually some massive freaking scoreboards that will tell you as well.

And remember earlier in the game, when he was f-bombing his offensive linemen up and down for screwing up? You do that, you show your teammates up like that, and you better freaking be able to count to four.

You cannot scream your lungs out at teammates for a mistake and going brainded, and then melt mentally and cost your team the game yourself. Totally unacceptable. And if you do that…, you sure as all hell, better own it after the game.

But if you’re looking for Brady to own something, keep on moving, because that’s not his deal; that’s not he his: not in New England. And not Tampa; not anywhere:

That answer about screwing up the downs is actually worse than screwing up the downs. Did you hear that garbage?

And let me read you his answer: "Yeah, you're up against the clock and you're up against the -- I knew we had to gain a chunk, so I should have been thinking more first down instead of chunk in that situation. I knew we needed a chunk and I was thinking about more yardage. It was just bad execution. We had a great opportunity there so ... Just didn't execute when we needed to."

So to a question of what happened on that final play? Tom’s answer was to puke out the word “chunk” three times in two sentences and then to say it was bad execution, without once admitting or owning what he did.

What an absolutely bullcrap response. Avoid the question altogether and just start throwing around some meaningless football jargon and talk straight out your ass; and whatever you do, don’t own any of it. His teammates must be like, this guy is the goat? This guy is the guy we’ve all looked up to and couldn’t wait to be around: the so-called goat can’t even keep track of downs!!! You knew? Bullcrap you knew. But I’ll play along for a minute. You knew? Ok.  Then why were you holding up four fingers after it went down?  Were you just lobbying for that all-important Colorado buffs fifth down? And if you knew, why the hell did you come off the field looking so confused, and beleaguered.  And why were you so pissed on the sideline after it happened.  Because you didn’t know.  So stop lying and saying you did. Own that. And the fact that Nick Foles beat you.  Again.  So you can go ahead and also own the fact that Foles owns you. Brady also spoke of something we all saw with our own eyes; that they are an extremely undisciplined team last night, quote: “penalties, they just, they stop drives.” Right.  You know what else stop drives?  Losing track of the downs, TB43. And to pretend it didn’t happen when the entire world saw that it did, is an idiot move. Don’t be a dope. Admit it. Own it. Apologize for it. Promise it will never happen again. And keep moving. People will forgive most things of a guy who has won six rings; but not lying or treating us like we’re idiots. Which is what he’s doing. The more things change the more they stay exactly the same: and this dude still isn’t owning jack. Except at least he got away with that crap in New England when he was winning.  Not anymore.

Bruce Arians was asked if Brady thought it was third down, not fourth down, and his response was: "Yeah, he knew.”

Respectfully, and I do mean that because I really respect Bruce Arians, but that sounds like a bunch of crap. And you know what it sounds like a bunch of crap? Because it is bunch of crap. If it looks like crap, smells like crap and tastes like crap. It’s crap. And so is losing track of downs and then lying about it afterwards. 

https://omny.fm/shows/the-jim-rome-show/jim-rome-hour-1-10-9-2020?t=9m36s

https://www.jimrome.com/articles/admit-your-mistake-tom

Edited by stevewin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Does anyone know if Brady gave hand shakes to the QB's in his previous 3 games? Its not that big of a deal but I just cannot stand Brady.

NFL Network said he did the week before with Herbert.