Confirmed: Titans broke protocol by gathering for workout last week

YoloinOhio

5-0, let’s go Buffalo!!!

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He is slacking.  He should be posting just like me from work.

Initial Protocols where Broken.  However Forfeit wasnt on the table until Monday.  That is what they are meaning, the punishment cant be from Monday that wasnt in effect when they did this asinine practice

That's...what I said, wasn't it?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

How is giving 2 AFC teams a free W fair to the rest of the AFC teams fighting for a playoff spot? 

Let’s say the Steelers get into the playoffs but they do it by 1 win and let’s say the Browns don’t... how is that fair the Browns who will actually have to play the Titans?

The only reason the Bills are getting a forfeit is because of when they happen to play the Titans. Would you be happy if the Pats get the forfeit win and that allows them to win the division for example?

My thinking is, if it’s an NFC team, it has less playoff implications. AFC record and common opponents are more important than your NFC record.

How is it fair to the Bills to have them have to change their schedule to accommodate a team that didn't follow clearly established rules and protocols?

The Pats just had to play the Chiefs without their QB. It mattered.  I'm sure they don't consider it "fair"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I am all for suspensions, fines, loss of draft picks etc. But I don't see how any bills fan could possibly root for a forfeit. So stupid. Punish the hell out of the them but find a time to play the game.

I'm less rooting for a forfeit, more rooting for justice and not exposing my team to a bunch of irresponsible plagued idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Plus, I don't want our Super Bowl winning season to have an asterisk beside it

Folks need to stop saying this. It wont happen. There will be no asterisk.

NO ONE puts an asterisk on Washington's 1987 Super Bowl. We all quickly move on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Either Mike Vrabel knew nothing about this and has no control of his team, or he did know about it and the Cheating Coach apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

Not a good look either way.

The NCAA calls it - Lack of institutional control 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

But then what about the rest of the teams on the Titans schedule? So because of when they had this outbreak the Bills/Steelers get a forfeit W and the rest of the teams actually have to play the Titans? 

Wouldn’t it make more sense to give 2 NFC teams on the Titans schedule a forfeit W as it doesn’t have a bearing on AFC playoffs?

Nope... my first comment was they should have to forfeit their whole season.  That's the consequences of breaking protocol.... more than once mind you.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t handle how stupid they are. 

Say what you want about New England, but imagine if players on that team started tweeting taunts like this during their cheating scandals?  Belicheck would have ***** down their throats, ripped out those throats, and then finally cut them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

My guess is it's a shower with umbrellas and lollipops passed out to everyone

Yeah it’ll be a big fine and maybe loss of a 2nd round pick. But it’ll will be known that any future breaks of protocol from ANY club will be dealt with even more harshly. This is how I see it going down. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No way the NFL forces them to forfeit.... and the decision on what to do with the game will take then NFL a lifetime to figure out.

Well, there's a loophole about the forfeit... the new policy of forfeiture wasn't in place when the unauthorized practice happend.

To the other point, normally i would agree, but this is different.  If the NFL doesn't do something tout suite, then the whole season could be in jeopardy.  Desperate times and all.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

How is it fair to the Bills to have them have to change their schedule to accommodate a team that didn't follow clearly established rules and protocols?

The Pats just had to play the Chiefs without their QB. It mattered.  I'm sure they don't consider it "fair"

The Bills having to change their schedule isn’t as massive as literally giving a team a W, without playing a down of football.

And yea the Pats has to play without their QB, that happens a lot in the NFL. Injuries happen and you know what? They still had a chance to win the game. Do you think they would have considered it more fair to just forfeit the game?

51 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't know about "official," but as per One Bills Live (which I reported on the Titans Bills thread) multiple local media sources in Nashville are reporting this.  If there is that much smoke, there is usually a fire burning somewhere.

Meh they probably all destroy their phones weekly because they have pics of Bradys wife.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

How is giving 2 AFC teams a free W fair to the rest of the AFC teams fighting for a playoff spot? 

Let’s say the Steelers get into the playoffs but they do it by 1 win and let’s say the Browns don’t... how is that fair the Browns who will actually have to play the Titans?

The only reason the Bills are getting a forfeit is because of when they happen to play the Titans. Would you be happy if the Pats get the forfeit win and that allows them to win the division for example?

My thinking is, if it’s an NFC team, it has less playoff implications. AFC record and common opponents are more important than your NFC record.

How is it fair to the rest of the league that these guys have ignored protocol at least twice?  The alternative is they play and potentially spread covid through the rest of the league, or the league has to change everyones schedule around?  How is that fair?

There is no fairness no matter what you do now because these guys were unfair to the entire league.  Hence... they should just forfeit their entire season.