Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks here should be aware that the NFL isn't looking to "punish" any specific team at least in terms of scheduling.

I'm not sure folks here understand that all parties involved want ALL GAMES TO BE PLAYED NO MATTER WHAT.

They will continue to stall and debate until they can find a way to play the games.

Forfeiture is the absolutely last possible alternative for the NFL.

I do not even give a ***** about a forfeit, reschedule it to week 18 I'm fine with that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I do not even give a ***** about a forfeit, reschedule it to week 18 I'm fine with that.

Pure speculation - the league will wait to see if Sunday is still feasible based on tomorrow’s results. If there are no positives they will move the game to Monday or Tuesday assuming there are no positives on Saturday, Sunday, Monday. If there are, they will postpone until week 18. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They would need to have no positives tomorrow, And no positives Saturday (they get the results at 4:30am), then Open facility and have a full practice on Saturday. 

So at best we really wont know anything for sure until Saturday. Unless they have a positive test tomorrow, then the weekend is shot.

But if they have no positives tomorrow, then we wait and see. And if no positives Saturday, then they get back in Sunday and game is Monday.

But any positives tomorrow or Saturday blow the game out of the water and the league decides whether to reschedule or forfeit.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pure speculation - the league will wait to see if Sunday is still feasible based on tomorrow’s results. If there are no positives they will move the game to Monday or Tuesday assuming there are no positives on Saturday, Sunday, Monday. If there are, they will postpone until week 18. 

That's what hope. I do not want a forfeit.

LOL, exactly what I just typed out too.

Surely, the NFL has some sort of internal deadline to make a decision regarding Sunday. Wonder how much longer they are going to make us wonder if we should get a new keg this weekend or not.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

... and make the players who would have been ineligible this Sunday sit that game out.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So at best we really wont know anything for sure until Saturday. Unless they have a positive test tomorrow, then the weekend is shot.

But if they have no positives tomorrow, then we wait and see. And if no positives Saturday, then they get back in Sunday and game is Monday.

But any positives tomorrow or Saturday blow the game out of the water and the league decides whether to reschedule or forfeit.

I actually think, though, the league will make the call tomorrow. The Bills would be scheduled to fly out Saturday and need to know before then. Last week, they made the call on titans/Steelers on Friday. So we will see. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see how it would be possible to play on Titans on Monday unless the Chiefs game is moved back.  I wonder if it could be played on Friday or Saturday....

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t see how it would be possible to play on Titans on Monday unless the Chiefs game is moved back.  I wonder if it could be played on Friday or Saturday....

Russini tweeted out that it has been discussed.  

Bills/Titans on Monday or Tuesday and Bills/Chiefs on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think, though, the league will make the call tomorrow. The Bills would be scheduled to fly out Saturday and need to know before then. Last week, they made the call on titans/Steelers on Friday. So we will see. 

I thought the league called off the Sunday Steelers game on Thurs, after 2 more players tested positive.  BUT, at that time they said it would be postponed to Mon or Tues.  Then when they still had players testing positive Fri and Sat, they rescheduled for Week 7.

I think part of it is the league infection control guys wanted some time to sort out what was going on.

5 minutes ago, scribo said:

Surely, the NFL has some sort of internal deadline to make a decision regarding Sunday. Wonder how much longer they are going to make us wonder if we should get a new keg this weekend or not.

I have a feeling you're going to need it either way.  😉 :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This would be my guess as well that we hear something Friday. Although the Pats did fly to KC Monday morning and flew back after the game. It would suck if the Bills had to do that but they may have to.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Russini tweeted out that it has been discussed.  

Bills/Titans on Monday or Tuesday and Bills/Chiefs on Saturday. 

Previously covered back in the 70s pages of this thread, the NFL can not LEGALLY televise games on Saturdays from Sept to Dec.

The game could be played Saturday, but it cant be aired. And I dont think the NFL is going to give up a prime time Chiefs/Bills game.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

This would be my guess as well that we hear something Friday. Although the Pats did fly to KC Monday morning and flew back after the game. It would suck if the Bills had to do that but they may have to.

I think one thing has become abundantly clear in the last few days...the word 'fair' can be thrown out the window for the 2020 NFL season., especially if they want to play all of the games. Some teams will inevitably be put at a competitive disadvantage, maybe even the Bills. Such is life in the pandemic era.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Previously covered back in the 70s pages of this thread, the NFL can not LEGALLY televise games on Saturdays from Sept to Dec.

The game could be played Saturday, but it cant be aired. And I dont think the NFL is going to give up a prime time Chiefs/Bills game.

It has to due with the NFL's monopoly exemption. Basically they don't kill CFB by not playing Saturdays and they are all good in the hood

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Man THAT would be great punishment....make them play, only with players who didn't violate the rules. They might have to suit up their entire PS.  And we'd have Barkley in by the end of qtr 3.

Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 years old why they CAN’T do that?  Some NFLPA stipulation that they need to have x number of days prep time in their actual facility?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 years old why they CAN’T do that?  Some NFLPA stipulation that they need to have x number of days prep time in their actual facility?

Cause they are liars and we don't know which players have actually isolated. From the minimum 3 practices rumored to have taken place I suspect the entire team got together separately.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Because the league and PA can’t in good faith put their players at such a significant increased risk of injury.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Because the league and PA can’t in good faith put their players at such a significant increased risk of injury.

The Pats are holding only one practice this week (tomorrow) prior to Sunday. Provided they don’t have any new positives tomorrow morning 

If we want this game to happen, we just need 53 guys from this board who have never been to the facility and don’t have any current ties to the team to volunteer to suit up for the Titans. I promise despite my fan allegiance I’ll try my best against the Bills. I haven’t played a snap of organized football since 7th grade, but I might be able to make a tackle or 2 if someone runs right into me. 😆

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And as previously covered, there have been exceptions, like Irma.  Plus it is an old rule and these are new times.  Saturday is something they certainly can be considering.

The Pats are holding only one practice this week (tomorrow) prior to Sunday. Provided they don’t have any new positives tomorrow morning 

I have to give B B and the Pats some credit on how they have handled the situation. Beating KC without Cam Newton was an impossible mountain to climb

but wouldn't you know it, the score is 3 to 6 at halftime.

Amazing...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

If we want this game to happen, we just need 53 guys from this board who have never been to the facility and don’t have any current ties to the team to volunteer to suit up for the Titans. I promise despite my fan allegiance I’ll try my best against the Bills. I haven’t played a snap of organized football since 7th grade, but I might be able to make a tackle or 2 if someone runs right into me. 😆

Suit me up. I am roughly the size of an NFL RB or S (little heavy for a S). I'll play two-way. Promise to hurl my body ineptly at Bills players until I get injured.

Do I get a game check for this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1