Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, scribo said:

I'd much rather they play the game than cancel it. I think the Bills have a good chance to win this one, so one less win on the record would be bad. It could get really complicated down the stretch if two teams have only 15 games. A forfeit would be optimal.

Obviously we'd all like to see the game but not for the sake of someone getting Covid. 

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I will be stunned if we play the Titans game anytime soon.  Way too many positive cases there.  I’d also be stunned if we don’t see positive later this week given that Hurst from the Raiders was spreading virus during the game Sunday.

I thought when this started we’d see the beginning but not the end of the season.  Hope I’m wrong but it’s heading that way

The game in Tennessee I agree with but the statement the Raider DT was spreading the virus during the game I do not as the teams test  on game day and that is all just unnecessary commentary to state he was spreading the virus during the game

For all the people suggesting a forfeit, how would you be reacting right now if the shoe was on the other foot, and the Bills were looking at forfeiting a game?

The NFL will do anything possible including extending the season, before they ever consider forcing a team to forfeit a game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

For all the people suggesting a forfeit, how would you be reacting right now if the shoe was on the other foot, and the Bills were looking at forfeiting a game?

The NFL will do anything possible including extending the season, before they ever consider forcing a team to forfeit a game. 

You realize the forfeit option would be in response to violation of protocol and has already been communicated to teams as a potential consequence? It’s not “Bills fans” suggesting it 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/another-titans-player-tests-positive-for-covid-19-return-to-facility-on-hold

Not according to this if a team fails to abide by the protocols.

Titans I am sure have not.

And if the Bills failed to follow protocols and protect each other from spreading covid, then they deserve the loss and should forfeit.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I don't understamd how one week would work. If both the Bills and Steelers need to make up a game against the Titans, you'd need 2 weeks for that...

Isnt the Steelers Titans game already rescheduled for their original bye week?  I don’t think the NFL will want to have too much of buffer at end of season because then teams will be like “well,  if we have a outbreak we can just makeup the games in January.”

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Home Run Throw Forfeit.  Works for me.  Serves those Nayshveel Covidiots right.

Might be on to something here. For now postpone the game. The league does an investigation over the next few weeks to find out how this keeps spreading. If at any point there are violations by Tenn, they should forfeit at least the Bills game. Accident happen, but this is starting to feel more like negligence.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

So coronavirus isn’t going away yet we are just going to keep pretending that we can make it go away by canceling everything? 

You can't argue with a virus. It's gonna do whatever. Positive thinking doesn't negate it

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, scribo said:

A forfeit would be optimal.

I wouldn't have a problem with the league forcing the Titans to forfeit the game outright.  Been reading on espn where the NFL might do that to make an example of the Titans since there's a belief by some investigating that the Titans havn't been following the league guidelines.  Will shall see....

Would HATE to see the game canceled.

Yeh problem is the incubation period before a positive test shows up... hence the two-three days of no positives... though it can be longer.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Pats and Chiefs and the Raiders and Bills...  may be a few more days before all clear can be given... dont be surprised if a few more show up on these teams too, esp the Pats... 

My wife is a nurse and was shocked by all the hugging post game :(

Edited by North Buffalo

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You realize the forfeit option would be in response to violation of protocol and has already been communicated to teams as a potential consequence? It’s not “Bills fans” suggesting it 

“Potential consequence” = never going to happen

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, scribo said:

I'd much rather they play the game than cancel it. I think the Bills have a good chance to win this one, so one less win on the record would be bad. It could get really complicated down the stretch if two teams have only 15 games. A forfeit would be optimal.

When baseball started out rough, I thought if Marlins ended up playing 50/60 games, I'd be okay with them going by win % for all teams. 

with nfl being 16 games, Idk if that works as well here. I don't think it would even be an option or is even being discussed as an option. I just thought win % is pretty fair if enough games played but with talking to friends and hearing others opinions on here, it seems that would not be kosher for most.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Is there any proof of this?

Not yet, but my guess is two new positive tests means those two were exposed during their Non-meeting at the facilities, by meeting with some folks (other players possibly) outside the facility (against protocol)

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

Not yet, but my guess is two new positive tests means those two were exposed during their Non-meeting at the facilities by meeting with some folks outside the facility (against protocol)

Typical Titans... Always ruining a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Realist said:

Don't think they can forfeit, basically because that's not fair to the Steelers. Steelers are forced to play them and Bills get a free win is really not feasible.

we’re in a frigging pandemic, though!