Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

, Mahomes just took a 30 yard loss on a play this Sunday and folks just kinda chuckle it off. Had that been Allen, it would be used as "proof" he still isnt an elite QB.

Completely agree......this is the first thing I thought when watching that happen live!!

3 hours ago, MJS said:

How is Kylar Murray evaluated? I feel like most people think he is a good QB.

What I do notice is that people love it when Jackson and Murray run around, but if Josh does they say it's bad and that he shouldn't. I don't get that.

It’s not that....

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Completely agree, but it isnt just running. Allen is up against the fact that almost every single "analyst" predicted him to fail and fail hard, especially being drafted in the top 10. So now they look for any reason to discount him, even though they are the same actions/reasons used to prop up other players.

The "dangerous play" thing grinds my gears too. Everyone criticizes Allen for playing too much hero ball, or for crazy mistake plays, but he isnt the only one doing it. Hell, Mahomes just took a 30 yard loss on a play this Sunday and folks just kinda chuckle it off. Had that been Allen, it would be used as "proof" he still isnt an elite QB.

It's maddening. The only thing we can really do is ignore it. The good news is, it seems that the tide is starting to turn and people are finally realizing how good Josh really is.

You’re completely right about the Mahomes play.  If Josh Allen did that, it would be all over Twitter.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’ve seen them enough that I don’t fall for it. Blatantly anti JA and on the edge of racist. But always mad about how KM is evaluated. Sorry they have crowded KM top QB without him earning it. It’s woke political race baiting at its finest. 

Its none any of that latest verbiage BS, it’s just plain being contrary to get clicks, you evidently repeatedly go back to that well,  you are paying them money via advertising etc, you are feed the troll. You are falling for it, your comments show as much. Stop clicking on their site.. nuthin but luv dude. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Completely agree, but it isnt just running. Allen is up against the fact that almost every single "analyst" predicted him to fail and fail hard, especially being drafted in the top 10. So now they look for any reason to discount him, even though they are the same actions/reasons used to prop up other players.

The "dangerous play" thing grinds my gears too. Everyone criticizes Allen for playing too much hero ball, or for crazy mistake plays, but he isnt the only one doing it. Hell, Mahomes just took a 30 yard loss on a play this Sunday and folks just kinda chuckle it off. Had that been Allen, it would be used as "proof" he still isnt an elite QB.

It's maddening. The only thing we can really do is ignore it. The good news is, it seems that the tide is starting to turn and people are finally realizing how good Josh really is.

I've been just ignoring people on twitter.  I don't mind criticism of my team - but these guys aren't really football guys. I can't stand the hot take guys with basic numbers as the only thing backing them up.  OOO his QB rating was 82 -  he must be bad! With 0 context.  

10 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Fair point....

He could've just said "I get a little happy when Josh does something bad because some of my friends annoy with how much they advocate for him."

Something like that would've been much less controversial and people use that reasoning a lot as a joke.

That guy seems to want to politicize Josh Allen, though. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's still referencing those Josh Allen tweets that were exposed around draft time.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jon's right, You Know!

34 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

He's not wrong

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So should all of us be changing our social media pictures to American Flags?  I think it would only be right for the game this weekend.

I think I'll go for a dog avatar.  Though if I can find a dog in front of an American flag, so much better.

• Like (+1) 4

Bomani and Dominique are the types that have fallen into the trap of listening to too much mainstream media and see almost everything in life especially sports in the prism of race and black vs white.  In that regard, they are perfect ESPN employees.  Somehow making everything an argument about the color of someone's skin has become the hip woke thing to do amongst a lot of people that cover sports.  

They themselves are actually the ones that are closet racists, even though they'd prefer to paint many of their white listeners as being racist.  They despise decision makers for choosing white players/coaches over black players/coaches (Josh Allen over Tyrod, Frank Reich over Jim Caldwell).  These decisions were solely based on merit, but it fits Bomani and Foxworths narrative better to make it about black vs. white.  Its disgusting, and only helps divide for those dumb enough to fall for their reasoning.  Simply put, as admitted by them on their podcast they root against guys like Josh Allen because he's white, he replaced a black QB, and a lot of people that like Allen on twitter seem to maybe have conservative leanings (post pics of USA flags and their dogs).  So they are actually guilty of exactly what they preach against.  

That said, they are totally entitled to their own views and thats the beauty of this country.  I just happen to think they are totally off base and so I'd personally choose to never listen to those 2.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jon's right, You Know!

He's not wrong

I think I'll go for a dog avatar.  Though if I can find a dog in front of an American flag, so much better.

Haven't you heard? Dog pictures are bad. What would all the cat lovers think?