Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know. Why not open with a couple of long ones to Diggs? They've been practicing those a lot. Make 'em stop you.

Because Josh has been stopping himself with those throws for awhile. Let's get a lead doing what he does well first then take a couple shots

I never have high expectations. Especially with no preseason games. 
Id expect sloppiness for almost all teams. I think it’ll be our typical one score kinda game like last season. Lots of chances to put them away but it stays close. I do expect to get over that this year but week 1 is unpredictable for almost all teams as they find rhythm 

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I never have high expectations. Especially with no preseason games. 
Id expect sloppiness for almost all teams. I think it’ll be our typical one score kinda game like last season. Lots of chances to put them away but it stays close. I do expect to get over that this year but week 1 is unpredictable for almost all teams as they find rhythm 

That’s where I am at. This game is going to be a mess for both teams. Just hoping to survive it and get the W— maybe win 17-13. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills nearly lost season opener last year to Jets. This year the Bills should be up three scores by the start of the fourth quarter and most of the starters will rest the last 10 minutes. 

Jets o-line is not good but Bell and Gore will be a test for Oliver, Harrison, and Edmunds. If they keep Jets under 100 yards rushing I will be a little less worried about the dline.

Bell, maybe? Gore??? I hope Gore gets a steady diet of carries--most people on this board can run him down.

21 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That’s where I am at. This game is going to be a mess for both teams. Just hoping to survive it and get the W— maybe win 17-13. 

I agree. I think it’s more gonna look like the first preseason game than the first regular season game for both teams. It’s just so hard to mimic real conditions in limited practices. 

36 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

A win is a win, but this would be incredibly disappointing.   We have way more talent and much more continuity.  

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Hard to not want to put $1,000 on the Bills at -6.5. 

I would never bet against the Bills. Having said that, I'd find the Jets a pretty appealing proposition here. Not because they're as talented; they aren't. But with no preseason games and limited practices, I have to consider most games much more of a crapshoot, so 6.5 points seems a little rich here.

• Like (+1) 2