Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

I really wouldn’t be surprised if this line gets to -8 by Thursday or Friday.  Anyone who really analyzes this matchup can’t come away with anything other than a dominant Bills win.

So of course we’ll turn it over six times and lose.  Nah, just kidding, that’s the old BBFS thinking.  It’s a new age of Bills football and they will put these Jets down like the dogs they are...”any given Sunday” notwithstanding.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I honestly have a hard time seeing them getting 17

I violated my rule of not betting on the Bills. Fandom clouds one's judgement. But in this case it was a no-brainer.

What I can't decide is the O/U of 39.5. I agree with you that the Jets might not score. And I can't see McDermott running up the score.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I violated my rule of not betting on the Bills. Fandom clouds one's judgement. But in this case it was a no-brainer.

What I can't decide is the O/U of 39.5. I agree with you that the Jets might not score. And I can't see McDermott running up the score.

I wish McDermott would get a little more aggressive on scoring points. If he gets up by two scores he seems to get very conservative and the game gets closer than it needs to be. Put other teams out of their misery, go up big and get your backups some playing time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could actually see the Bills being very conservative in the 2nd half as to keep things off tape for future weeks. We go up 17 and then ground and pound. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’re going to beat that dumpster fire by 14.  That barely happens in today’s NFL and can’t wait.

I might be a little greedy but I think it will be more then that , I don’t see jets offense being able to move the ball against our D , 

Bills - 31

Jests - 6 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. I recall Cincy almost beating Seattle in Seattle week 1 of last year. This game shouldn’t be close but it wouldn’t shock me at all if it was. 

Yeah, you just don’t have a feel for what a team can throw at you so early in the season, so weird things can happen.

I mean, I don’t expect anything other than a Bills victory in fairly convincing fashion, but I won’t be shocked or proclaiming DOOM if it doesn’t go down that way.

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I like playing a little $$ each week on football. But man this yr is gonna be tough. Week 1 is basically impossible to predict. You might as well close your eyes and point at a team on paper. 

No

51 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

31-17 Buffalo.

i see a low scoring game. I feel that offenses take longer to get in sync than defenses. This yr its going to be much worse potentially. I could see the NFL having a lot of sloppy games the first few weeks. 

bills 17 jets 9

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

i see a low scoring game. I feel that offenses take longer to get in sync than defenses. This yr its going to be much worse potentially. I could see the NFL having a lot of sloppy games the first few weeks. 

bills 17 jets 9

My reasoning for 31-17 was strictly good offensive play by the Bills.  Jets get to 17 by the 'Greenspan effect' (irrational exuberance) causing a few misreads by the Buffalo defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

Maybe this is a topic someone would start for a different thread (not me) but what will be the Bills first play from scrimmage?

Yes it depends on what Defense Josh sees but:

A.) Run by Singletary/Moss

B.) Pass to TE

C,) Pass to WR

D.) QB Run (as Daboll has called before)

My thought is "C" - a quick Pass Completion to Diggs.  We want to show off our new QB/WR Connection...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

Maybe this is a topic someone would start for a different thread (not me) but what will be the Bills first play from scrimmage?

Yes it depends on what Defense Josh sees but:

A.) Run by Singletary/Moss

B.) Pass to TE

C,) Pass to WR

D.) QB Run (as Daboll has called before)

My thought is "C" - a quick Pass Completion to Diggs.  We want to show off our new QB/WR Connection...

A) If I had to put money on it 

I’ll go with  playaction to Diggs !!! 
GO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1