Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think that many of you guys are overconfident.  Many of you think the real question is whether the Bills will run up the score or not.   I think you may be disappointed.  The Bills may have a deeper roster but Darnold has played fairly well against the Bills and Allen is still error prone.  So if Darnold makes less errors than Allen, the Jets have a good chance to win.  And that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Darnold has played “fairly well” against Buffalo? In 3 career games, he averaged 5.4 YPA and has 3 TDs with 2 INTs. In those games, the Jets’ offense has produced 27, 8, and 13 points. And that includes a game against the backups in week 17 last year.

I mean, he hasn’t 💩 himself, but I would say he’s been mediocre at best.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Darnold has played “fairly well” against Buffalo? In 3 career games, he averaged 5.4 YPA and has 3 TDs with 2 INTs. In those games, the Jets’ offense has produced 27, 8, and 13 points. And that includes a game against the backups in week 17 last year.

I mean, he hasn’t 💩 himself, but I would say he’s been mediocre at best.

2-1, if I remember correctly, with an impressive fourth quarter comeback in Buffalo in his rookie year.  And that was with an historically bad OL.  We'll see what happens.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

2-1, if I remember correctly, with an impressive fourth quarter comeback in Buffalo in his rookie year.  And that was with an historically bad OL.  We'll see what happens.

2-1 with one of those coming in a game where Buffalo’s kicker was injured on a cheap shot and therefore missed 2 FGs that would’ve otherwise won the game, and the other win came in a 13-point output against Buffalo’s backups in a meaningless game.

I like Darnold, and I think he’ll end up a good QB, but touting his apparent efficiency against Buffalo is a misrepresentation IMO.

19 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Josh has 21 career INT's in his 28 games vs. 28 picks for the ghost see-er  in 26 games.

It's the NFL, and anything can happen, but this game should not be close.

Like I said: on paper it looks like a mismatch. But week 1 is always weird, and it’ll probably be weirder this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nuts to that. A win IS a win, and that’s even more true this year.

I promise you bandit, a win is a win through 16 games virtually guarantees getting up by double digits in the playoffs and losing the game By the final tick of the clock.  Regardless of the talent level one of the problems with this team under McDermitt has been when you have a snake underfoot you have to also know how to bash its head in or he’ll come back to bite you. It’s something that they just don’t put into these guys with “The Process”, with all due respect to McDermitt and company.

The team is obviously better this year so I expect much more. However, that’s why eeking out victories against the Dolphins and the bengals last year was going to be folly and easy pickings for teams of playoff caliber when they met the Bills. It’s the truth with respect to last year‘s team, it is what it is.  Or rather hopefully, it was what it was.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I promise you bandit, a win is a win through 16 games virtually guarantees getting up by double digits in the playoffs and losing the game By the final tick of the clock.  Regardless of the talent level one of the problems with this team under McDermitt has been when you have a snake underfoot you have to also know how to bash its head in or he’ll come back to bite you. It’s something that they just don’t put into these guys with “The Process”, with all due respect to McDermitt and company.

The team is obviously better this year so I expect much more. However, that’s why eeking out victories against the Dolphins and the bengals last year was going to be folly and easy pickings for teams of playoff caliber when they met the Bills. It’s the truth with respect to last year‘s team, it is what it is.  Or rather hopefully, it was what it was.

What you’re saying is definitely true about their tendencies to this point, and it’s a salient point.

My opinion is that the tendency to let the foot off the gas is more a symptom of having an offense that was better suited to drain clock than to score points.

I don’t think that’s the case this year, so I expect a different approach.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, overall I think we have to start getting past “a win is a win” thing.

This can’t be 17-16, with Bass hitting his first walk off game winner.  They have to start setting the standard.

27-10 would be reasonably appropriate.

Honestly, I’d be content with that depending on how it plays out. Particularly in week one against a division rival. Bass is a wildcard right now, and it’d be a relief to know early on that he can hit the high pressure kicks. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I would be  MORE then happy to win a close game 17-16 against KC / Seattle or 49’ers , 

GO Bills 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'll be very disappointed if we win the super bowl by only a single point.  Two-score margin of victory or it doesn't count.

(Also, our super bowl won't count if Allen doesn't throw for at least 300 yards but that goes without saying).

There will be no SB if we are going to struggle to put up points on the jets  , you might want to take another look at our schedule because IMO will have to do a lot more on offense then we did last year to get to 10 W 

GO Bills !!!

36 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'll be very disappointed if we win the super bowl by only a single point.  Two-score margin of victory or it doesn't count.

(Also, our super bowl won't count if Allen doesn't throw for at least 300 yards but that goes without saying).

time to get that virtual “THREE-OH-OH!” chant started.

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

There will be no SB if we are going to struggle to put up points on the jets  , you might want to take another look at our schedule because IMO will have to do a lot more on offense then we did last year to get to 10 W 

GO Bills !!!

Oh come on now. Nothing that happens in week 1 establishes any team as, or precludes any team from becoming, a Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think that many of you guys are overconfident.  Many of you think the real question is whether the Bills will run up the score or not.   I think you may be disappointed.  The Bills may have a deeper roster but Darnold has played fairly well against the Bills and Allen is still error prone.  So if Darnold makes less errors than Allen, the Jets have a good chance to win.  And that's what I'm hoping will happen.

I worry because I suspect we will see sloppy football from this crazy off-season. Anything can happen.

That said, the Bills are top down more talented and the Jets are injured

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh come on now. Nothing that happens in week 1 establishes any team as, or precludes any team from becoming, a Super Bowl contender.

Agreed. We have a tough schedule against the AFC and NFC West that will tell us where we really stand. Let's not get hung up on what happens week 1

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm in the Springs too.  Briargate, if I go out to watch Bills games I go to Good Company Bar n Grill on Union.

With the Covid stuff I'm sticking at home to watch the games.

Right on; I'm up on Hwy 83 & Hodgen.  Maybe we can link up at the establishment once the COVID dies off.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Jeez! I just wake up, scratch myself, pour a cup o-joe and open my iPad. 1st thing I read is a bandit post I agree with!

must be a 2020 thing..

B216748F-51A7-47F1-9A00-A5EA5494CAB6.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Right on; I'm up on Hwy 83 & Hodgen.  Maybe we can link up at the establishment once the COVID dies off.

I would like that.  FYI, the Back East Bar on Briargate Pkwy is a Bills Backers Bar.  I've met the owners a few times, they are from Rochester.

Good food (Beef on Wick and great Calzones) etc.  I was planning on going to a game or 2 there this year but you know, this Covid stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

What you’re saying is definitely true about their tendencies to this point, and it’s a salient point.

My opinion is that the tendency to let the foot off the gas is more a symptom of having an offense that was better suited to drain clock than to score points.

I don’t think that’s the case this year, so I expect a different approach.

I do hear you, brother bandit...oh man...I feel like a kid again waiting for the season to start.

i love this and I am enjoying the preamble to the season...every moment.

go bills!