Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

On 9/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, That's No Moon said:

I agree. The offense shouldn't look like it's birthing a pineapple from its anus.

Yeah, overall I think we have to start getting past “a win is a win” thing.

This can’t be 17-16, with Bass hitting his first walk off game winner.  They have to start setting the standard.

27-10 would be reasonably appropriate.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m scared at how confident I am going into Week 1 lol

I honestly don't know what to expect given the craziness of 2020. Its been said before...no real offseason, no preseason games, no fans or very few at the games. The Bills should win ( I think they will) but I expect week one for all games to be sloppy football. How can it not.

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

yeah, overall I think we have to start getting past a win is a win.  

This can’t be 17-16, with Bass hitting his first walk off game winner.  They have to start setting the standard.

This is where I’m at.  

I’m sure if the game plays out, and it’s evident games across the league are dumpster fires due to lack of preseason, I’ll be happy with a win of any kind, but....

We have 4 out 5 OL returning, of a solid OL.  

The Jets have 1 guy returning, below average-average players all over, with a rookie LT, playing his first ever NFL game with no preseason.  

Allen is throwing to Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Knox.  

Darnold is throwing to Perriman, Crowder, Hogan and Herndon... (maybe Mims). 

We have a better DL, better Linebackers and a much, much better Secondary.  

If Allen has made any semblance of a jump, this shouldn’t be close.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If they go 16-0 winning by one point I would not mind at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm a little nervous about the close bond that Josh Allen and Sam Darnold have formed.  Not that either would purposely let any cats out of the bag, but I worry that with the time spent together, SOMETHING must have been shared.  Not to mention, there's a price for anything/everything and Jordan Palmer could make a ton of money giving inside info to his clients' opponents.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm a little nervous about the close bond that Josh Allen and Sam Darnold have formed.  Not that either would purposely let any cats out of the bag, but I worry that with the time spent together, SOMETHING must have been shared.  Not to mention, there's a price for anything/everything and Jordan Palmer could make a ton of money giving inside info to his clients' opponents.

Didn't Kelly and Marino have a great relationship?

Don't worry about it

I think that many of you guys are overconfident.  Many of you think the real question is whether the Bills will run up the score or not.   I think you may be disappointed.  The Bills may have a deeper roster but Darnold has played fairly well against the Bills and Allen is still error prone.  So if Darnold makes less errors than Allen, the Jets have a good chance to win.  And that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Looking forward to Desir v. Diggs. I'm expecting to see a lot of Cover 2 zone from the Jets Sunday, which is where Desir has thrived. Desir is sometimes too aggressive trying to jump routes, and he's too passive in run defense. He's never set the league on fire, for sure, but he's had good battles with some top-tier WRs when in zone. In man, he is not good. Desir had a rough 2019, causing the Colts to take a salary cap hit to cut him. It'll be an interesting match-up on which to key. Edit: One more note, Desir is no island defender. Allen should be looking to exploit that Desir will constantly requite safety support.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As long as it wasn't mononucleosis 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nuts to that. A win IS a win, and that’s even more true this year.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think that many of you guys are overconfident.  Many of you think the real question is whether the Bills will run up the score or not.   I think you may be disappointed.  The Bills may have a deeper roster but Darnold has played fairly well against the Bills and Allen is still error prone.  So if Darnold makes less errors than Allen, the Jets have a good chance to win.  And that's what I'm hoping will happen.

The Bills have the much better roster. Also the Jets have a revamped OL that hasn't had much practice time and hasn't played a game yet. Good luck against the Bills D. Bills 27 Jets 10. Darnold and the Jets offense put up 13 points on the Bills backups in a game the Bills had no interest in playing. I wouldn't call that playing well. We will see how he does against the Bills starters in a game they will be trying to win.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Josh has 21 career INT's in his 28 games vs. 28 picks for the ghost see-er  in 26 games.

It's the NFL, and anything can happen, but this game should not be close.

• Thank you (+1) 1