Checking in on Jets: O-Line and WRs STRUGGLING

Rigotz

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve also lost their 2 best players since then. This Jets team absolutely stinks. This is about a 4 win team. They have no weapons and a still developing (or questionable) OL. They lost Adams and Mosley as well. That is an awful football team. It is the type of team, that a good, well-prepared, team should beat by 3 scores. Fortunately, that’s what I expect to happen. If the Bills do not seeep the Jets this year it will be a massive failure. There is not one position group where the Jets are better.

But Jets fans say Darnold is the greatest QB ever. He is already in the HOF and has a gold jacket in their eyes.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Had sirius XM nfl radio on the other day in my office. Brady Quinn was on and got asked the question of which units would suffer the most from not having a regular offseason. Without hesitation he stated it would be offensive line.... The jets and their 4 or 5 new starters immediately came to mind. Our D should be licking their chops for that matchup.

Agree.  Many stunts are on the menu.........requires practice and communication which they will not have in game 1.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve also lost their 2 best players since then. This Jets team absolutely stinks. This is about a 4 win team. They have no weapons and a still developing (or questionable) OL. They lost Adams and Mosley as well. That is an awful football team. It is the type of team, that a good, well-prepared, team should beat by 3 scores. Fortunately, that’s what I expect to happen. If the Bills do not seeep the Jets this year it will be a massive failure. There is not one position group where the Jets are better.

I read Albert Breer's MMQB this morning and you'd think the Jets are going to shock the world.  Too funny.  I'm with you on this -- even if Darnold going to "QB school" with Josh this summer results in him "closing his shoulder when throwing to the right" they are still pretty bad on offense.  Oh, and isn't it interesting that Darnold apparently has/had mechanical issues?  I thought only Josh Allen was a reclamation project.  The Jets' D front is solid, but they lost their best LB and their best DB.  The OL needed a real offseason to put it together.  Bills by 10+.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I didn't really like the guys they brought in as much but maybe that's my bias. Two huge things that might be holding them back is this weird offseason and when we did this we brought in our new OL coach who really seems to have it together.

The center they brought in from Denver and Becton in the draft were solid additions. I am not a huge fan of Fant but he is at least better than what they had and Van Rotten and the rest were solid depth additions.

I do agree that maybe the offseason was just too much to do a complete overhaul. But I do think they had a better approach to be less top heavy with their additions and go for more depth.

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

But Jets fans say Darnold is the greatest QB ever. He is already in the HOF and has a gold jacket in their eyes.

I actually think Darnold is pretty good. He just has his hands tied with that trash team/coaching staff. This may be his last year there but I think that his career will resurrect in his next stop a la Tannehill.

3 hours ago, saundena said:

I wouldn't say the Jets are a garbage team.  They played us tough week 1 of last year and Sam Darnold finished out the Season 5-2.  If we come out flat with little urgency, go dormant for a half or simply play sloppy with the football we can lose this game.

I most certainly believe we are a better team, but as a division opponent they will play us tough... and with a chip on their shoulders since our Bills have been the media darlings of 2020 in the AFCE.

Same Jets that lost to the winless Dolphins ( should have been twice) and the winless Bengals ( where they scored 3 pts) with Darnold.

3 hours ago, saundena said:

I wouldn't say the Jets are a garbage team.  They played us tough week 1 of last year and Sam Darnold finished out the Season 5-2.  If we come out flat with little urgency, go dormant for a half or simply play sloppy with the football we can lose this game.

I most certainly believe we are a better team, but as a division opponent they will play us tough... and with a chip on their shoulders since our Bills have been the media darlings of 2020 in the AFCE.

In fairness, CJ Mosley played tough. He was their entire defense, and it showed when he went out. 

The Jets are garbage. There is no way around it. 

That could mean they suck, or it could mean their defense is really good, or it could mean both their offense AND defense sucks, but the offense sucks more. Or it could mean that you shouldn't make too many assumptions from training camp performances.

But yeah, the Jets are gonna suck.

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Isn't it normal for the defense to do better in the preseason/training camp?  There's threads every year about every team's offense being in trouble because it takes them longer to get up to speed than the defense.

Especially when the defense plays an aggressive blitzing scheme like the Jets.