Breaking news: Dawkins signs four year deal worth $60 mill

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

5 years, 61 million

12.2 average

12th in league for LT.  Tied with a guy like Tyron Smith from Dal, or Eric Fisher from KC

Nice job Beane and Dawkins.  If these numbers are accurate this is a very reasonable deal for both sides.  I've criticized Beane for overspending in FA but this move is spot on.  Well done.  

I’d say Milano and Beane.  Beane as we know doesn’t count against the cap, and Milano as a couple said on another thread is not easily replaceable.  He’s a sideline to sideline LB.  I hope we get him a little cheaper than market value like Dawkins, but he’s worth boing on this top defense.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I really feel that 15M per year for the extension is a bit too much.  Dion is a decent player but not top notch and I think he's going to regress now that he's getting paid.  If they could have signed him for 9M per I'd be on board with this.  Another short-sighted decision by Beane that will hamstring this team for years.

Did I do that right?

Close - you need to add that he is really a guard.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nice job Beane and Dawkins.  If these numbers are accurate this is a very reasonable deal for both sides.  I've criticized Beane for overspending in FA but this move is spot on.  Well done.  

I actually think McBeane with a few exceptions (Star, Murphy and that God awful 2018 free agency class in general) has been mostly getting good to decent value in free agency. In 2017 (granted this was under Whaley but McD was here) they got a complete steal in Poyer and a very good deal on Hyde. In 2019 they paid retail for Mitch but got solid to good value on John Brown, Cole Beasley, Spain, Ty, and Feliciano. This off-season they did a great deal to keep Spain and let Shaq and Phillips walk. They then got a good value on Jefferson and a decent deal on Addison. The only guy they overpaid in my opinion was Butler but its an easy out after one year. Now add a good Dawkins deal and I think I would give him a B or B+ for value in resigning and free agency at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

Milano and TreDay are up next.

Tre luckily has one more year on his deal after 2020, I suspect they will reset the market with him next off-season. But Milano is going to be the interesting one here. Do they want to lock him in long term or do they just let him walk and use a draft pick to replace him?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

That will be done there is no rush as the salary comes from the Pegula's and not the cap

yep

I'll bet Pegs tried getting with Beane and Beane all like - "not now....got some signings of my own to do first." 

pad them stats :flirt:

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I actually think McBeane with a few exceptions (Star, Murphy and that God awful 2018 free agency class in general) has been mostly getting good to decent value in free agency. In 2017 (granted this was under Whaley but McD was here) they got a complete steal in Poyer and a very good deal on Hyde. In 2019 they paid retail for Mitch but got solid to good value on John Brown, Cole Beasley, Spain, Ty, and Feliciano. This off-season they did a great deal to keep Spain and let Shaq and Phillips walk. They then got a good value on Jefferson and a decent deal on Addison. The only guy they overpaid in my opinion was Butler but its an easy out after one year. Now add a good Dawkins deal and I think I would give him a B or B+ for value in resigning and free agency at this point. 

Agree Star, Murphy and Morse were the worst. Hyde is probably best value contract given how well he has played. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Now that’s what I’m talkin about ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1