Breaking news: Dawkins signs four year deal worth $60 mill

BillsMafi$

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Probably the same people who think the Niners got a steal paying Kittle five million more a year than the next highest paid tight end.

...some serious TE money being thrown around between Kittle and Kelce...but they're the "top dawgs".........

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

it's funny usually these deals are next man gets the top dollar so i'm surprised we got him even outside top 5 tackle money.  the funny thing is it's such a good deal he has less chance of getting cut so he should see the whole deal so taking a little less average will allow him to see more money. 

This was going to be my post

In 2 years this deal is going to look extremely well played.

We have the every position nailed down with deals from Left Tackle to Center.......the only competition is RG and RT

...Sal's assessment............

Sal Maiorana
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

A reliable rock

The 6-foot-5, 320-pounder has never missed a game for the Bills, and he has started 43 of 48 since coming out of Temple. As a rookie he was surprisingly efficient, then took a step back in 2018 after the departures of guard Richie Incognito and center Eric Wood.

Last year, he really turned it up a notch and he had to. He was the only starter who remained in place from the 2018 line, and he fought to retain his job and did so which earned the Bills’ trust with his play.

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Gotta love ESPN.  LOL.  I can catch a lob pass so I'm a threat.

Not only is Dawkins a valuable asset protecting third-year quarterback Josh Allen's blindside, but he is also a threat as a receiver. He's recorded a receiving touchdown in each of the past two seasons, which ties him for the sixth-most by an offensive lineman since 1970.

Great Scott Doc (been meaning to say that for awhile), good catch.  I forgot about that, but an excellent point.  It’s always fun seeing a big ugly (just a phrase nothing about him) catch a pass like when our bud Kyle has one drawn up for him (loved when McD took care of him in his final year), or a rumblin, bumbling big man picks up a fumble and takes it in.  It’s always funny to me seeing either offensive or defensive lineman (310 lbs. or more) run down the field with the ball.  You know it will be a highlight to their families forever.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tre?

That can come in another year, or even two.

Dont get me wrong, would love to have him re-signed asap. It's just not pressing, and Tre may not be ready to re-sign right now anyways. It really only benefits him to wait.

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Great Scott Doc (been meaning to say that for awhile), good catch.  I forgot about that, but an excellent point.  It’s always fun seeing a big ugly (just a phrase nothing about him) catch a pass like when our bud Kyle has one drawn up for him (loved when McD took care of him in his final year), or a rumblin, bumbling big man picks up a fumble and takes it in.  It’s always funny to me seeing either offensive or defensive lineman (310 lbs. or more) run down the field with the ball.  You know it will be a highlight to their families forever.

Yeah, he is heavy.  I love that or when a 160 pound kicker/punter puts a good hit on a ball carrier.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Yeah, he is heavy.  I love that or when a 160 pound kicker/punter puts a good hit on a ball carrier.

Remember when Moorman was so fast he could actually beat a 4th and 10 and sneak out a run.  I loved that guy.  I’m not old enough to remember the old guys like Paul McGuire other than as an announcer, but Moorman was by far the best punter I remember since the late 1970’s.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Remember when Moorman was so fast he could actually beat a 4th and 10 and sneak out a run.  I loved that guy.  I’m not old enough to remember the old guys like Paul McGuire other than as an announcer, but Moorman was by far the best punter I remember since the late 1970’s.

My favorite moorman moment was when he did that in the pro bowl and got annhilated by sean taylor.  Then popped right up and gave him a butt slap.  

• Like (+1) 2

My max estimate was a 4 year 58 mill deal (making him tied for 5th in the league) with 30 mill guaranteed. Came in at the higher end - but it is a number we can easily live with if we get the  2017 or 2019 Dion - not so much if we get the 2018 version. All in all appears a fair deal - didnt come cheap but did not break the bank either.

C'mon people stop complaining about this deal - see what Tunsil got. This will look darn good in 2024 so long as Dion stays healthy.

Now onto Tre - 5yrs 80-85 mill anyone?