McDermott contract extension

Estro

He was the moment. More so than Andy Dalton's pass or drafting Josh Allen or even the Pegulas buying the team. 

The moment this franchise hired Sean McDermott was the moment everything changed. I lobbied for us to fire Rex a year earlier to hire McDermott. I loved the hire when it came and I love the extension. He is the reason we are relevant again. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So, we got this going for us  ?? 

Sean came in with a plan, and a way to implement the plan. Good to know he will be a round for a while longer. 

Does anyone know how long the extension is for? Didn’t see it in the press clippings. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the moment. More so than Andy Dalton's pass or drafting Josh Allen or even the Pegulas buying the team. 

The moment this franchise hired Sean McDermott was the moment everything changed. I lobbied for us to fire Rex a year earlier to hire McDermott. I loved the hire when it came and I love the extension. He is the reason we are relevant again. 

Agreed 100%. 

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Want to see him win some meaningful games 

We all want playoff wins (no one more than him) ... but getting the Bills to 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 seasons with 2 different QBs is unprecedented success in Buffalo after the team failed to reach the playoffs in the 17 seasons prior to his arrival. McDermott completely changed the perception of the franchise. It’s on display every time we hear from a player, analyst, etc. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This.  Beane is doing a great job and will likely get his extension soon  well, but McD is the engine.

well done terry and Kim. Pay the man that deserves it

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

This.  Beane is doing a great job and will likely get his extension soon  well, but McD is the engine.

well done terry and Kim. Pay the man that deserves it

Agreed. And Beane is only here because of McDermott. While I believe they are pretty much in lock step you are dead right that McDermott is the engine..

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

We all want playoff wins (no one more than him) ... but getting the Bills to 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 seasons with 2 different QBs is unprecedented success in Buffalo after the team failed to reach the playoffs in the 17 seasons prior to his arrival. McDermott completely changed the perception of the franchise. It’s on display every time we hear from a player, analyst, etc. 

so did Marvin Lewis for the Bengals.  Here’s the thing I love Beane. I am not quite sold on mcd. Depends a lot on how our offense looks this year. Would you think mcd could coach like vrabel did in the playoffs against the pats?  Run the ball 50 times and only throw 7 times?  I don’t get that feeling right now