Alexander open to returning to Bills

He actually mentioned this a few months ago. I think there is a thread somewhere about it. He said if they Bills got hit with injuries at LB and were in the playoffs he would come back. Apparently he didn’t originally plan to work out as much in retirement but with the lockdown etc he’s kept his same routine. 

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Last season was 1 of Lo's top 2 years in Buffalo. How much longer can he continue?

Fresh legs and a guy who knows the defense and is a fantastic leader in a playoff run would be a great thing imo 

• Like (+1) 13

If the Bills are up big in the last two minutes of this year’s Super Bowl I’ll come out of semi-retirement to fill a practice squad position! I never played professional football but I’ve watched a ton of it over the decades! 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If the Bills are up big in the last two minutes of this year’s Super Bowl I’ll come out of semi-retirement to fill a practice squad position! I never played professional football but I’ve watched a ton of it over the decades! 

NOW I'm excited!

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He looked a little slow last year but would still be above average in run support. LoZo in coverage though is not a good thing.

Agreed, but if it’s between them signing some street FA due to injury for the playoffs  or Lorax, i think i know who I’m taking. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/18/lorenzo-alexander-open-to-returning-to-bills/

Says if Bills are in contention mid season and in need of a LB he'd be open to come back. Would you be on board with this. I think it would be great to have him back for a run

always open to the idea as it is an extra option and theory says options are valuable. but he was a tad slow last year and the young ones are ready to take the next step. so play it by ear - if we hv injuries or our lbs are not performing well and need a steady guiding hand, bring him back by all means. 

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

I heard that interview live  and he sounded anything but serious about coming back under any circumstances.  He was asked several times about it and, after listing all the reasons he wouldn't come out of retirement, he finally conceded to the guy that, yeah, I guess it's possible.  I'm still working out...

zero point zero....

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Basically just gives them an extra IR spot at linebacker/Teams.

This, and if circumstances arose that they could use him they would be nuts not to, it’s like having an extra roster spot. 

3 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/18/lorenzo-alexander-open-to-returning-to-bills/

Says if Bills are in contention mid season and in need of a LB he'd be open to come back. Would you be on board with this. I think it would be great to have him back for a run

I would love this.  He has amazing leadership and if he can still ball, why the heck not!

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I am sure you have watched a lot of losing games.  Maybe you apply to team we are playing and curse them?

I think if this is an option he needs to find some way legally part of team whether as part of training staff, consultant, etc. 

There are some rules about teams stashing players on staff so Bills should make sure they check rules and double check exact situation with NFL.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Basically just gives them an extra IR spot at linebacker/Teams.

That's what I was thinking, don't think he's interested in signing on with another team, and if he's staying in game shape he could plug right in if we're hurting for a LB because of injury or Covid. If there really was a season......

23 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

That's what I was thinking, don't think he's interested in signing on with another team, and if he's staying in game shape he could plug right in if we're hurting for a LB because of injury or Covid. If there really was a season......

Game shape? 

In a normal offseason, a lot of these guys struggle in the offseason to stay in ready-for-camp shape, let alone "game shape".  Why on earth would a retired player (who listed the physical struggles of getting ready for the season as one reason why he RETIRED) keep in game shape?

No sense to that.

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Do we have Kyle on retainer as well? As a pass catcher I’d love the security blanket for Allen in a playoff stretch.  :beer:

He'd have to learn to wait for his blocks and know where sticks are but yea he has potential especially as TE since he lost a lot of weight and doubt he wants to get it back.

I wonder if he is still strong enough to carry Hyde like a sack of potatoes still?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I heard that interview live  and he sounded anything but serious about coming back under any circumstances.  He was asked several times about it and, after listing all the reasons he wouldn't come out of retirement, he finally conceded to the guy that, yeah, I guess it's possible.  I'm still working out...

zero point zero....

So you're saying there's a chance....

• Haha (+1) 1

I appreciate his time and dedication to the Bills. A great example of a pro's kind of pro by carving out a career built primarily out of being a team-player and strong work ethic. He has been a "process guy."

Not interested in having him back now.

The younger LB's need to develop, he is only partially committed (part of season), and he is a liability in coverage, a need out of our linebackers.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I appreciate his time and dedication to the Bills. A great example of a pro's kind of pro by carving out a career built primarily out of being a team-player and strong work ethic. He has been a "process guy."

Not interested in having him back now.

The younger LB's need to develop, he is only partially committed (part of season), and he is a liability in coverage, a need out of our linebackers.

Agreed. I love Lorenzo as much as anybody, both as a person and as a player. But in the NFL, you're either all-in, or you're not. And if you're not, it's best you stay retired.

If he still wants to play, I'm all for it. But come back now. Endure/enjoy the full journey of the Bills ascent to greatness with his teammates, not pull a "Rosie Ruiz" (Google her, youngsters).

On 7/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, Limeaid said:

He'd have to learn to wait for his blocks and know where sticks are but yea he has potential especially as TE since he lost a lot of weight and doubt he wants to get it back.

I wonder if he is still strong enough to carry Hyde like a sack of potatoes still?

I guarantee he’s still strong enough to throw 225 over his shoulder and run.  That is one athletically gifted man, if he wanted to come back to the team in any form, I would be all for it.  That said, I hope he goes home and enjoys life for a couple years at least, he definitely has earned it.

Your willing to pay me how many Million to come back with no training camp and only play 5 or 6 games if needed let me think about it .

? sure for $2 mill guaranteed just to show up and $4 millid i play i'll do it !! Zo is a smart man ...