Nfl.com State of the Franchise series: Bills poised to take next step, win AFC East

https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-franchise-bills-poised-to-take-next-step-win-afc-east

Members of the Bills organization, Bills fans around the world and those of you who can't really enjoy a Bills game unless you do a Tommy Dreamer-like table bump:

What an exciting time to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills. Not only is your team poised for greatness, you no longer have to see Tom Brady. That man is going to haunt the dreams of Bills fans for years to come, but you don't have to worry about him anymore. Well, unless you get to the Super Bowl and have to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- and I just can't believe I said that. But before we put you in the Super Bowl, let's take a step back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

Actually, nobody knows for sure, but yes they do have a clue. 72 positive cases. That's quite a clue there.

Of the 2,000 players in the NFL.

I'm sick of all the downers posting on EVERY thread, multiple times, that there won't be a season. Like we don't all know the situation we are in? Why must it be repeated over and over and over? Speculative nonsense.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm sick of all the downers posting on EVERY thread, multiple times, that there won't be a season. Like we don't all know the situation we are in? Why must it be repeated over and over and over? Speculative nonsense.

Honestly dude, get a grip. No matter how many times people post about it, that in itself won't make a certain outcome come true. RIGHT??

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

32 teams times 53 plus 10 to 13 for ps 

leaves 1944 to 2040 players. 

What’s that — just shy of .04?

Would you want to play with those odds? Maybe ruin your career? And remember, those numbers are BEFORE training camp. What will they be after camp starts?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Honestly dude, get a grip. No matter how many times people post about it, that in itself won't make a certain outcome come true. RIGHT??

You think that's why I don't like it? No, it's because nobody knows what they are talking about and it's smarter to not make such bold and foolish predictions, especially when every indication from the NFL has been that they plan on having a season.

Downers get old.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

You think that's why I don't like it? No, it's because nobody knows what they are talking about and it's smarter to not make such bold and foolish predictions, especially when every indication from the NFL has been that they plan on having a season.

Downers get old.

I'm actually one who will be horribly disappointed if the season is cancelled. I love football. I am not a downer,  I'm just being a realist. If you look at what's happening in Florida, Texas and California alone, it doesn't inspire optimism. If you think I'm one of those people who wishes the season in cancelled, I'm not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I'm actually one who will be horribly disappointed if the season is cancelled. I love football. I am not a downer,  I'm just being a realist. If you look at what's happening in Florida, Texas and California alone, it doesn't inspire optimism. If you think I'm one of those people who wishes the season in cancelled, I'm not. 

It's not realistic to say there won't be a season. That is literally pessimistic. Realistic is to take a wait and see approach because the situation is so fluid and seems to change on almost a daily basis.

Just now, MJS said:

It's not realistic to say there won't be a season. That is literally pessimistic. Realistic is to take a wait and see approach because the situation is so fluid and seems to change on almost a daily basis.

I din't say there wouldn't be a season. I said there probably won't be a season. You are putting words in my mouth. Big difference!! And I don't agree with your definition of those terms. Realistic is not taking a wait and see approach. That would be a hopeful attitude, or optimistic attitude. Being a realist is looking at the landscape and seeing what is there. Not hoping it's all rosy.

Stay in your fantasy world MJS. The rest of us will live in reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This picture is much the point.  Josh is ready to launch and the left hand is distant from the torso and the left shoulder is much higher than the the right.  If I read the Cover1 story and Jordan Palmer interviews correctly, he should look much different making this type of throw this year.  This and Diggs should make a big difference in scoring. 400+ points or bust. 

3 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

And 72 players testing positive for the Covid. There probably won't be a season.

Owners and players won't walk away from 10+ billion dollars.  They'll put games on TV even if it means using entire practice squads on game day.  The 72 players include all the guys that have had it and recovered.  Combine that with the unreliable test result data and they will not be convinced to scrap the season.  Call me cynical but this is the way I see it.  I think the "sky is falling" Chicken Little crowd has it wrong.

6 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

And 72 players testing positive for the Covid. There probably won't be a season.

Players are going to get sick.  They'll be quarantined and they'll return a few weeks later.  And then assuming recovery grants you some sort of short term immunity, the players won't have to worry about getting it again, at least until after the season is over.   Finally, COVID-19 isn't that big a deal if you're 24 years old, especially if you're a professional athlete in great shape.

So there may be players out for a couple weeks here and there, but hopefully there will be a season.

Edited by Artful Dodger

Well, if our positive cases is anything like basketball where players are all over each other sweating etc., they have approximately 6%.  Thats 121 players as speculation for positive tests out of 2016.  2016/32=63.  The active 53 + 10 practice squad.  I know most know this, but just for a few who didn’t my reasoning to point out.  A season can still happen with 121 or more positive cases, and if you look at the overall positive incidences in many states.

I’m in the camp every thread doesn’t need to be hijacked into the sky is falling.  If it’s cancelled, it’s cancelled, although unlikely.  Back to Yolo’s initial thread, I’m happy to see the Bills finally being picked for the first time in over 20 years.  This season should be a fun distraction for the crap we are dealing with in the overall society.  The author made some decent points, and I’m cautiously optimistic on the season.  It actually would be fun if it were the Bills vs. the Bucs in the SB after we beat the Chiefs in the AFCC.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Except you aren't because nobody has a clue.

Dude chill out. I truly hope there will be a season but the way things are currently trending I'm getting worried that there won't. The data just isn't exactly a great sign for a complete season happening this year. You should check out the link below just to see % of exposure by county for different group sizes. 

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/?fbclid=IwAR1YVd5YvJ6UXl5TbjQoJzzchc7As7_12tsUjMXe_SN3A3PyotFquy3FBPk 

15 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Owners and players won't walk away from 10+ billion dollars.  They'll put games on TV even if it means using entire practice squads on game day.  The 72 players include all the guys that have had it and recovered.  Combine that with the unreliable test result data and they will not be convinced to scrap the season.  Call me cynical but this is the way I see it.  I think the "sky is falling" Chicken Little crowd has it wrong.

Is that you Governor DeSantis? How's it going with the little blip in Florida. 

What people need to remember is that everyone wants a football season and a return to normality. He's saying and I agree with him that some states (including GA where I live) are a train wreck that's getting worse by the day. As long as that continues it's unlikely that the number will remain at 72. It'll go way higher and healthy players will opt to sit out just like in the NBA. I'm just being realistic. I wouldn't bet that we have a full season, the odds just not there, but I definitely will watch if they do. 

Edited by ProcessAccepted

56 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Is that you Governor DeSantis? How's it going with the little blip in Florida. 

What people need to remember is that everyone wants a football season and a return to normality. He's saying and I agree with him that some states (including GA where I live) are a train wreck that's getting worse by the day. As long as that continues it's unlikely that the number will remain at 72. It'll go way higher and healthy players will opt to sit out just like in the NBA. I'm just being realistic. I wouldn't bet that we have a full season, the odds just not there, but I definitely will watch if they do. 

The money is just too compelling.  Players that sit it out won't get paid.  Some have enough cash to do that but most don't and won't. If Europe can play soccer games in empty stadiums, so will the NFL.  We'll see when the time comes.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Same thing happened with losing seasons.  It was repeated and repeated even though everyone knew.

14 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Players are going to get sick.  They'll be quarantined and they'll return a few weeks later.  And then assuming recovery grants you some sort of short term immunity, the players won't have to worry about getting it again, at least until after the season is over.   Finally, COVID-19 isn't that big a deal if you're 24 years old, especially if you're a professional athlete in great shape.

So there may be players out for a couple weeks here and there, but hopefully there will be a season.

The thing I would point out is that it isn't just 24 year old studs we are talking about here.  Scan any NFL sideline....there are more than a few older overweight guys whom are PRIME targets for this crap to hit.  Thems be the ones that will pay.  Don't get me wrong - tho most will - I WANT a season, just like I want my hockey season - sorry Sabres fans but I really and truly do want sports back - it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  Go Bills!!!

Coooooool.... another Coronavirus thread takes over because the first reply is someone whining about “keeping it real” and feeling the need to inform us that there probably won’t be a season.  

As if none of us are aware of the situation ?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Coooooool.... another Coronavirus thread takes over because the first reply is someone whining about “keeping it real” and feeling the need to inform us that there probably won’t be a season.  

As if none of us are aware of the situation ?

Everybody has a virus that causes us to drink Coronas?  God please no!!  That's a terrible beer!  How long have I been under that rock? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

Everybody has a virus that causes us to drink Coronas?  God please no!!  That's a terrible beer!  How long have I been under that rock? 

Ice cold Corona Premium with a lime on a hot summer day is on point 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

32 teams times 53 plus 10 to 13 for ps 

leaves 1944 to 2040 players. 

What’s that — just shy of .04?

And camp hasn't even started. Where will those numbers be by week 8?  Just sayin'. Why not be mad at those who could have fought this sooner?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And camp hasn't even started. Where will those numbers be by week 8?  Just sayin'. Why not be mad at those who could have fought this sooner?

First off I am a bit ticked off at the stupidity of people who are not taking Covid seriously.  

as to the players 

if they can “stay within” a bubble and the surrounding region actually participated in safe measures they should be ok. 

13 ps players are being considered and if you test out 3 weeks lockdown to help the offset any occurrences. 

The # I posted was based on crap data from another thread. 

but my point was that .04 % is far less than the public’s average if I’m not mistaken.  

22 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

You guys are worse than bandwagon Patriots fans, who turn every football conversation into bragging about their team.  Can we get through one thread without people here wetting themselves in excitement for the prospect of no football?  We get there's a pandemic, so drop it already.

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/17/2020 at 3:35 PM, 1ManRaid said:

You guys are worse than bandwagon Patriots fans, who turn every football conversation into bragging about their team.  Can we get through one thread without people here wetting themselves in excitement for the prospect of no football?  We get there's a pandemic, so drop it already.

Nobody wants NO football

On 7/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, Artful Dodger said:

It's kind of silly to say Covid-19 isn't a big deal when you're 24 and a professional athlete. People who are young and in great shape have died from this virus. Also, no one really knows the long term effects of the virus. 

On 7/16/2020 at 8:05 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Yeah, I agree they will pull out all the stops to have a season. Money is king for sure. But if some well known players get it, or more than just a few, it might be the players who walk out. Thus, no season.

11 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Nobody wants NO football

It's kind of silly to say Covid-19 isn't a big deal when you're 24 and a professional athlete. People who are young and in great shape have died from this virus. Also, no one really knows the long term effects of the virus. 

Sure nobody want no football, but people LOVE the smug satisfaction of getting to say "called it" so they can feel smart and important to strangers on the internet.

And about the long term effects of the virus, we do know that some people come out of it with messed up lungs.  Lungs are pretty important to professional athletes.