Tom Brady WTF

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Good old Brady. Selling Vitamin C for 4 times the cost.

It's definitely not the first time this kind of thing has been done.  You don't need FDA approval to sell repackaged vitamins, just a good marketing plan.

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

It's definitely not the first time this kind of thing has been done.  You don't need FDA approval to sell repackaged vitamins, just a good marketing plan.

"Good marketing" is one thing. "Ethical" is another.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm starting to think he was cloned and his clone turned out not too bright and killed the real Tom Brady.

Yes. Probably around age 10.

A million and one health and wellness companies, many of them owned and/or sponsored by pro athletes, fitness trainers, etc., have been doing the exact same thing for many, many years. WTF indeed. As in, “WTF is the big deal?”

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Once a duche always a duche 

profiting from a pandemic with a bogus product with  91,499 dead Americans.  Naw nothing wrong with that.   

Again ... what's the problem?  Unless you're one of the people who's stupid enough to buy it, why does it concern you?

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Once a duche always a duche 

profiting from a pandemic with a bogus product with  91,499 dead Americans.  Naw nothing wrong with that.   

You’re overreacting. Walk into any pharmacy or health store in the country and there are shelves of the exact same “immune-boosting” vitamin blends that he is selling by innumerable companies big and small.

Also learn how to spell your insults, especially if you’re going to emphasize them. Makes you look like less of a...well you know.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If all proceeds go to charity ...  I have no concerns. 

Why???  This is his business.  It's a for profit business.  Let him get his money.

It's not like he's saying it cures Covid-19 .. or prevents one from contraction Covid-19.  It's being sold as an immunity booster.

I honestly don't understand the issue with this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Why???  This is his business.  It's a for profit business.  Let him get his money.

It's not like he's saying it cures Covid-19 .. or prevents one from contraction Covid-19.  It's being sold as an immunity booster.

Because it’s Tom ***** Brady. I can’t believe we let him breathe the air the rest of us breathe. It’s a travesty. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I just got mine in the mail. Awesome stuff. I kicked coronavirus ass, threw a 30 yd rope to a  12 year old kid,  slam dunked a basketball,  ran a marathon and then threw my boss through the window for being a Patriots fan. It was all going good until then. The cops came, I got explosive diarrhea, vomited up a Super Bowl ring that I stole and hopped into a white Bronco. Typing as I drive....

• Haha (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Just another uber-wealthy egomaniac taking advantage of the poorly educated.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

I have to think that the idiot must actually believe it.  I mean, why would Tom Freaking Brady be pimping health supplements?  He's already richer than God and certainly doesn't need the money or publicity.  The doofus just believes that this crap works.

It's not like we don't have other figures in high places believing in magic elixirs with no proof of efficacy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What he said

I think Gugny feels like it's sink or swim, and if certain people are easily taken advantage of for profit, it's not a problem because it's not his problem.  If it doesn't affect him personally, he doesn't feel a sense of responsibility to those that are easily taken advantage of.  

Just a hunch.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

I think Gugny feels like it's sink or swim, and if certain people are easily taken advantage of for profit, it's not a problem because it's not his problem.  If it doesn't affect him personally, he doesn't feel a sense of responsibility to those that are easily taken advantage of.  

Just a hunch.  

People who are easily taken advantage of generally only have one person to blame, know what I mean?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

True. But all this caveating through over-marketed bull#### is getting exhausting.

Really, though. Any fully-functioning adult who isn't a hypochondriac probably sees right through this charlatanism.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People who are easily taken advantage of generally only have one person to blame, know what I mean?

That's one very easy, unethical way of looking at it. You're not wrong, Walter, but... :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein

14 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Just another uber-wealthy egomaniac taking advantage of the poorly educated.

Kind of like professional sports team owners and politicians!

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Because he is charging too much for what is essentially Vitamin C and he is claiming it will help you fight off viruses (like COVID-19).

It's snake oil.

It's right up the alley of all his other TB12 products that have no scientific backing and plenty of criticisms from healthcare professionals and nutritionists.

Edited by MJS

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Because he is charging too much for what is essentially Vitamin C and he is claiming it will help you fight off viruses (like COVID-19).

It's snake oil.

It's right up the alley of all his other TB12 products that have no scientific backing and plenty of criticisms from healthcare professionals and nutritionists.

If people are dumb enough to buy it, so what? It says clearly on there it's not meant to cure any diseases, etc. 

Well, he is and always has been a shyster, and has always been happy to benefit from cheating someone. It’s his claim to fame, they used to tar and feather these sort of people... but some worship him... 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's snake oil.

It actually doesn't mention COVID-19 anywhere in the promotion, other than the delayed shipping.

Why isn't anyone busting GNC's balls for selling snake oil supplements?