Draft Rumors 1 week out

Just now, 416BillsFan said:

Could they possibly not take a QB and hope for Trevor Lawrence next year? Is the 2021 QB class looking good apart from him to risk it?

They'd have to ensure they're the worst team in the league this year.

If you were ringing teams as Miami and they asked you what you were looking at but you suspect the Chargers are also ringing teams then of course you don't say QB. If it gets back to the Chargers you try and create a bit of doubt. Tua is going at #3 to either the Dolphins or Chargers and the question is who gets to that spot. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol this level of disinfo is idiotic. 

Seriously.  Embarrassing to even put your name on some of this stuff.  I guess this is Rapoport taking one for the team so he can keep getting info.  

Rapoport: “Dude, nobody’s gonna believe it.”;

Miami GM : “Report it or we won’t give you any more info.”;

Rapoport : “Yes, sir.”

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If you were ringing teams as Miami and they asked you what you were looking at but you suspect the Chargers are also ringing teams then of course you don't say QB. If it gets back to the Chargers you try and create a bit of doubt. Tua is going at #3 to either the Dolphins or Chargers and the question is who gets to that spot. 

No one believes the Dolphins would trade up to 3 for an OT. Nobody.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Seriously.  Embarrassing to even put your name on some of this stuff.  I guess this is Rapoport taking one for the team so he can keep getting info.  

Rapoport: “Dude, nobody’s gonna believe it.”;

Miami GM : “Report it or we won’t give you any more info.”;

Rapoport : “Yes, sir.”

Lol they probably wrote the tweet for him.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree but it is part of the game these teams play.

But if you’re the Chargers or Lions, you aren’t believing this one bit. The disinfo blitz gives away your hand just as well.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Not buying this...

Right on cue.

14 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Watch Miami move next years #1, one of their mid rounds 1sts, and another piece or two to get another pick in the top 5 :lol:

They have 3 1sts & 2 2nds in 2020 and 2 1sts and 2 2nds in 2021 ?. They can pretty much do whatever they want.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see Baun and Fulton as trade up targets for the Bills if either of them is sitting there in the late 30's to early 40's.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would require the Giants dropping from 3 to 18 (plus a slew of other picks).  Not gonna happen.

It's the lions who would have to move, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them do it... The lions are stupid and have no direction. 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Can someone explain to me why they didn’t just pay Tunsil?

Also, I’m old, but I miss John Candy.

Because they're idiots. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can someone explain to me why they didn’t just pay Tunsil?

Also, I’m old, but I miss John Candy.

Well he was a decent LT and only became a Pro Bowler after protecting a Pro Bowlers blind side. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

It's the lions who would have to move, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them do it... The lions are stupid and have no direction.

My bad, the Lions.  But Patricia isn't stupid.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

So if they were to move 18 and 26 plus others to get to 3, they’d get an OT and eliminate the threat of all 3 QBs going before the 5th pick.

Why trade two 1st round picks for an OT after trading Tunsil for two 1st round picks? Doesn't add up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So if they were to move 18 and 26 plus others to get to 3, they’d get an OT and eliminate the threat of all 3 QBs going before the 5th pick.

Unless LAC moves to 4 and takes the guy they Really want. They have to prefer one over the other, I can’t imagine they would risk losing their #1 QB choice and just decide that they will take whichever one is still there at 5. They may have info that LAC prefers Herbert but who can be trusted. They would need to take their QB at 3 and risk their OT is still there at 5. Jmo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not buying this...

If I'm Detroit, I'm laughing all the way to the bank... Yep, trade with me at 3, I'll take your extra 1st round picks, THEN still probably get Okuda (CB sp?) or Tua at 5.... :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless LAC moves to 4 and takes the guy they Really want. They have to prefer one over the other, I can’t imagine they would risk losing their #1 QB choice and just decide that they will take whichever one is still there at 5. They may have info that LAC prefers Herbert but who can be trusted. They would need to take their QB at 3 and risk their OT is still there at 5. Jmo

The Giants will in all likelihood take a LT at 4.  So that's why I see the Dols might want to take one at 3.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Giants will in all likelihood take a LT at 4.  So that's why I see the Dols might want to take one at 3.

Thats what I thought but you are either risking losing your #1 OT or your #1 QB. Seems to me the greater risk is losing the QB, that you would be more locked in the player/person/scheme fit at that position than anywhere else. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thats what I thought but you are either risking losing your #1 OT or your #1 QB. Seems to me the greater risk is losing the QB, that you would be more locked in the player/person/scheme fit at that position than anywhere else. 

True and the Giants could very well trade out of 4 if the Dols take a LT at 3. 

In any case, I don't see the Lions dropping all the way down to 18 in this draft.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

True and the Giants could very well trade out of 4 if the Dols take a LT at 3. 

In any case, I don't see the Lions dropping all the way down to 18 in this draft.

I guess they would get 18, 26 and a 2021 1st? Would that do it?