Draft Rumors 1 week out

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

We have a pats fan married into the family and honestly its been nothing but fun trading banter with him

If there are children involved, I hope there was a prenuptial agreement they'll be raised Bills' fans.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

You know how I handle this stuff: follow the dudes in the know.

DJ has Wirfs as the 1st OT off the board followed by Willis. That’s probably right.

I fully expect Tua to be the 2nd QB selected.

If it wasn't for health concerns he would be the first.  But I agree, he goes 2nd.  Herbert is not a better player.

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

What are you thinking at 54? I feel like it won't be a true BPA, but the highest rated WR or LB/SS hybrid

I personally think 54 will be a WR.

Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, Denzel Mims, or Chase Claypool. (Dark horse Pittman or Van Jefferson- Both have bloodlines and are big character/process type guys)

After all the mock drafts I feel 1 of those guys makes it to 54.

Trade up round 3 for Jon Greenard.

Round 4 RB Anthony McFarland, Darrynton Evans, Joshua Kelley, Antonio Gibson.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would wager the first 3 WRs off the board go to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Philly.

Boy would I love to book that wager!  Accurately predicting the 1st 3 teams to select a WR in the draft is not easy.

18 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, Denzel Mims, or Chase Claypool. (Dark horse Pittman or Van Jefferson- Both have bloodlines and are big character/process type guys)

Higgins was a scary thought at 22 but I’d gladly take him at 54, he seems to be dropping in the rankings and Bills have done their homework on him. They also traded for Diggs the day after they went to his pro day so maybe they hate him too haha.

19 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

After all the mock drafts I feel 1 of those guys makes it to 54.

Trade up round 3 for Jon Greenard.

Round 4 RB Anthony McFarland, Darrynton Evans, Joshua Kelley, Antonio Gibson.

Well thought out and I tend to agree.

Although I could see the 2nd and 3rd rounders being flipped where we take either a ln Edge defender or corner with our 2nd and then a WR with our 3rd.

Its just a hunch of mine, but I think the Bills might be looking for a slot WR Moreno than an outside guy.  Beasley is not a young player and he's okay but I see a path where a 3rd round slot WR could push Beasley for playing time right away.  

I've got my eye on, WR,  Devin Duvernay of Texas.  Probably goes between picks 60-90 and I think he could be a real mismatch in the slot early in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

This has probably already been linked somewhere here before but I thought I'd add it just in case. From April 3rd.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team.amp.html

BUFFALO: After trading for Stefon Diggs, the Buffalo Bills don't have a need at wide receiver, but they also don't have a first-round pick. Sources expect the team to continue trying to add impact playmakers and speed at skill positions.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Sounds like we've had several facetime meetings with RB Derryton Evans (3rd), LB Shaq Quarterman (5th) and QB James Morgan (4th-6th).

I like that and in the 2nd we get either Laviska Shenault, WR or Micheal Pitman Jr, WR.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Shenault would be great. Replaces Mckenzie as that gadget player, but with more upside.

Bully in the RZ too. 

I'd LOVE that pick, but I've learned to pay attention to what @thebandit27 says

I can't help but feel we will add both a K and P, but McBeane may not believe in burning picks on those positions. Bust rate seems VERY high

50 minutes ago, Estro said:

Well thought out and I tend to agree.

Although I could see the 2nd and 3rd rounders being flipped where we take either a ln Edge defender or corner with our 2nd and then a WR with our 3rd.

Its just a hunch of mine, but I think the Bills might be looking for a slot WR Moreno than an outside guy.  Beasley is not a young player and he's okay but I see a path where a 3rd round slot WR could push Beasley for playing time right away.  

I've got my eye on, WR,  Devin Duvernay of Texas.  Probably goes between picks 60-90 and I think he could be a real mismatch in the slot early in his career.

Van Jefferson was deadly at the Senior Practices. Dude is a tremendous route runne would excel in the slot.  But can go outside from time to time.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This year. Cole is 31 and Brown is 30.

WR4 this year may be dynamic WR2 in a few seasons. 

Yes because WR usually need a year, this is a good year to grab one. Brown said it’s a complex offense too. WR & RB2 will be 2 of the first 3 picks. And I think that fits well even with BPA mentality 

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

This draft is too deep at receiver to not select one. 

Agreed. I honestly would love to see RB at 54 and WR in round 3 or vice versa depending  on who's  available. 

We need to keep infusing offensive weapons around Allen to be successful. 

Dobbins/Akers/CEH + Claypool  

Or 

Pittman + Moss or Dillon  would be outstanding  

Edited by DJB
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not a college football person nor do I get involved in draft discussions/mocks a lot. Anyway, my friend who's a Dallas Cowboys' fans asked me last night what I would do in the first 2 rounds if I was them. Dallas are picking 17th (Rd1) and 51st (Rd2).

Having looked at several sources for information I came to the following prediction/solution:

Trade down with Jacksonville to pick 20. Jags get picks 17 & 51. Dallas now had picks 20 & 40. I'm thinking about 100 points on the draft capital scale to get to 17 from 20 and also 51 to 40.

With pick 20 Dallas select Xavier McKinney, Safety, Alabama

With pick 40 Dallas select Matt Hennessy, Center, Temple

What do people who know more about the draft than me think of that? My main concern seems to be Hennessy still being there at 40. 

11 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I'm not a college football person nor do I get involved in draft discussions/mocks a lot. Anyway, my friend who's a Dallas Cowboys' fans asked me last night what I would do in the first 2 rounds if I was them. Dallas are picking 17th (Rd1) and 51st (Rd2).

Having looked at several sources for information I came to the following prediction/solution:

Trade down with Jacksonville to pick 20. Jags get picks 17 & 51. Dallas now had picks 20 & 40. I'm thinking about 100 points on the draft capital scale to get to 17 from 20 and also 51 to 40.

With pick 20 Dallas select Xavier McKinney, Safety, Alabama

With pick 40 Dallas select Matt Hennessy, Center, Temple

What do people who know more about the draft than me think of that? My main concern seems to be Hennessy still being there at 40. 

Hennessy does seem to be getting a lot of buzz late in the process. Personally I think he will still be there. I actually have a late day 2 grade on him (so second half of the 3rd round basically). To me he is an undersized center with good mobility but suboptimal functional strength to be a top flight NFL center. I have him as someone who can develop into a starting NFL center but will need to add some weight and some core strength first. What you love about him on tape is he competes his ass off every single play but I just think physically you put him in front of some of the huge freak athletes that play defensive tackle in the NFL on day 1 and he is going to get blown up.

EDIT: should say DB and then center would not surprise me as the Cowboys first two picks in terms of position.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hennessy does seem to be getting a lot of buzz late in the process. Personally I think he will still be there. I actually have a late day 2 grade on him (so second half of the 3rd round basically). To me he is an undersized center with good mobility but suboptimal functional strength to be a top flight NFL center. I have him as someone who can develop into a starting NFL center but will need to add some weight and some core strength first. What you love about him on tape is he competes his ass off every single play but I just think physically you put him in front of some of the huge freak athletes that play defensive tackle in the NFL on day 1 and he is going to get blown up.

EDIT: should say DB and then center would not surprise me as the Cowboys first two picks in terms of position.

Thanks Gunner.

My first thought was getting the Cowboy's needs correct and then go from there. 

Who on your board is the first center to go? My internet searches today suggest Cesar Ruiz is making moves. Lindy's (which I get every year for quick reference on draft nights) has a top 3 of:

Hennessy (Rd1-2)

Tyler Biadasz (Rd2)

Lloyd Cushenberry III (Rd2-3)

With Frederick retiring and Jerry's tendency to pick OL fairy early I thought center would be high on their board.