Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolfootball1963

Report Bills may try and trade for Saints Alvin Kamara.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Hell we might not draft at all.

The report is BS but I've said before I think we're going to trade a lot of picks because there are not 7 roster spots available for rookies. We're likely trading up in the draft or trading for a veteran player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The report is BS but I've said before I think we're going to trade a lot of picks because there are not 7 roster spots available for rookies. We're likely trading up in the draft or trading for a veteran player.

 

Ive seen this comment a few times... 

 

I think they will make 6 of the 7 picks they have...  

 

They dont have a lot of meaningful ammo to move up too far... those three picks in the 6th and 7th are not worth much in a move up...

 

Possibly they could package their 4th and 5th together to move up 12 spots or so in the 4th Round 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

 

Ive seen this comment a few times... 

 

I think they will make 6 of the 7 picks they have...  

 

They dont have a lot of meaningful ammo to move up too far... those three picks in the 6th and 7th are not worth much in a move up...

 

Possibly they could package their 4th and 5th together to move up 12 spots or so in the 4th Round 

 

 

 

 

They can package a 2nd and 3rd and move up into the 30s easily if a player falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to dispute that but as someone that lives in New Orleans and follows them pretty closely it’s certainly possible. He’s in the last year of his deal and wants to be paid top RB money. The Saints just committed a zillion dollars to Thomas (and rightfully so). Taysom isn’t going anywhere. They just paid Sanders. That doesn’t even factor in the unwarranted, ridiculous, contract Peat got. They have a TON of money tied up in the offense.
 

Brees is deep in the back 9 and believe it or not A LOT of people here were ready for him to move on. Kamara is in their plans for this year only in all likelihood. If he were to walk after this season they’d likely end up with a 3rd in the 2022 draft. The packages suggested are FAR superior to that. In fact, they are right in line with what it will take to get him. If you offered the Saints pick 54 I think they’d take it. Maybe you’d have to add one of the 6ths but that’s about what we are talking. The Saints could take one of the top 5 backs there (maybe the local guy in CEH) and have him on the rookie deal.

No chance. They are all in for this season.  They aren’t tearing this thing down in the final season of a Super Bowl run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billl said:

No chance. They are all in for this season.  They aren’t tearing this thing down in the final season of a Super Bowl run.

 

Plus you always have the option of franchising him and trading him. I don't think you get a haul for him but you would at least get a 3rd round pick for him. What is more valuable pick 54 in the upcoming draft or one year of Kamara (In a year where you are desperately trying to win) and a future 3rd round pick? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to dispute that but as someone that lives in New Orleans and follows them pretty closely it’s certainly possible. He’s in the last year of his deal and wants to be paid top RB money. The Saints just committed a zillion dollars to Thomas (and rightfully so). Taysom isn’t going anywhere. They just paid Sanders. That doesn’t even factor in the unwarranted, ridiculous, contract Peat got. They have a TON of money tied up in the offense.
 

Brees is deep in the back 9 and believe it or not A LOT of people here were ready for him to move on. Kamara is in their plans for this year only in all likelihood. If he were to walk after this season they’d likely end up with a 3rd in the 2022 draft. The packages suggested are FAR superior to that. In fact, they are right in line with what it will take to get him. If you offered the Saints pick 54 I think they’d take it. Maybe you’d have to add one of the 6ths but that’s about what we are talking. The Saints could take one of the top 5 backs there (maybe the local guy in CEH) and have him on the rookie deal.

Any team that is interested in getting Kamara realizes that his acquisition means a commitment to paying him big bucks the following season in order to keep him. Otherwise giving up a medium to high pick would make no sense because it would be only for a rental player. If a team is willing to give up a third round pick it would make more sense to keep the pick and draft a back and have that back for a number of years on a rookie deal. The Bills got Singletary last year in the third round. The point being a good back could be acquired with a similar pick instead of using it for Kamara, either a near future high cost player or a one year rental player. That would make no sense. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This article is just throwing darts without a dartboard in sight. No way is NO trading their star playmaker for a second and a fifth this year.  Only if they are rebuilding - which might happen when Brees retires next year and if Taysom Hill does not work out. 

 

A more realistic option might be to work out a deal with Kareem Hunt. If the Brownies dont match, the Bills need to cough up a second rounder.

 

Even though the above is more realistic, I dont want to do it. I'd rather draft a RB in the second or third round if I am that desperate - will come cheaper than either Kamara or Hunt and with the general devaluation of the position - I am confident  we can find someone decent and ready to spell Singletary.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They can package a 2nd and 3rd and move up into the 30s easily if a player falls.

Their 2nd, 3rd and 4th is still worth less than pick 40 (although it’s close). I wouldn’t have your hopes up about a pick in that neighborhood. It more likely that they try to move back into the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, White Linen said:

There's no way Kamara would report.  No one wants to play in Buffalo.

 

This isn't 2005.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

bills would not make kamara the highest paid back in the league, which is something I bet he’s wanting.

 

as much as I want kamara here, it’s just not gonna happen  

Yeah that honor should go to McCaffrey, let us be the ones to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They can package a 2nd and 3rd and move up into the 30s easily if a player falls.

 

Yes, they could get to the mid to late 30,s...

 

Without a first round pick though, i think they will make the 2nd and 3rd round picks..... Beane has found H Phillips, Singletary and Knox in the third round the last two years so my hope is that he makes the pick..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

This isn't 2005.

 

Just ignore state income tax, lack of night clubs and we're on the ugly side of the falls?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamara has 81 receptions exactly in all 3 years.

 

Pretty darn consistent.

Just now, White Linen said:

 

Just ignore state income tax, lack of night clubs and we're on the ugly side of the falls?

 

The money in WNY is just as green as everyone else's across the country.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Billl said:

No chance. They are all in for this season.  They aren’t tearing this thing down in the final season of a Super Bowl run.

Well you can be shocked then if he’s traded. I won’t be. This is their last go at it. If they don’t make some moves like this they are going to be a team not good enough with some massive contracts.

 

I also think some on here are WAY overrating the player that he was last year. He was an average back that looked like he lost his explosiveness. This is a “sell high” opportunity for the Saints. If they could trade Kamara in the last year of his contract for one of the top 5 backs in the first year of their deal I think that they’d take it. Loomis has some of that BB mentality when it comes to getting rid of a guy before it’s popular. There have been rumblings for months around here about Kamara going. There may be no fire but there’s definitely smoke.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Kamara has 81 receptions exactly in all 3 years.

 

Pretty darn consistent.

 

The money in WNY is just as green as everyone else's across the country.

 

Sorrento cheese isn't just a local company anymore.  Get over it.

  • Meh 2
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...