Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Elway going with another OLD QB??????

This would be another Elway patchwork job, only Brady likely only gives him a 1 year window if that. I think I would rather roll with Lock and let him develop. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Both Hyde and Lamar Miller are UFAs

I get that but Duke and David are both primarily receiving backs. I would like to think this is mostly about the pick/s that Houston is also acquiring (I would hope).

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I get that but Duke and David are both primarily receiving backs. I would like to think this is mostly about the pick/s that Houston is also acquiring (I would hope).

David rushed for over 1200 yards in 2016. He's definitely versatile, but he's a runner for sure. That's a good one two, if he can return to some of his old stuff. 

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I've always thought of Duke as more of a 3rd down back than a lead guy (I get that Johnson is very effective in the passing game too)

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

David rushed for over 1200 yards in 2016. He's definitely versatile, but he's a runner for sure. That's a good one two, if he can return to some of his old stuff. 

Eh. 300 carries that year and he's statistically been like the worst runner in the league the past 3 years. I think Duke is a more talented runner and receiver.

Edited by DCOrange

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Eh. 300 carries that year and he's statistically been like the worst runner in the league the past 3 years. I think Duke is a more talented runner and receiver.

I mean, he averaged 4.2 yards a carry which is very good... He was seen as one of the premier backs in the league following that year and hasn't been the same since his injury. He then spent a year in a bad offense and a year underused by Kingsburry. Not saying he will rebound, but they're obviously hoping to get him from 2016. I don't think anyone considers him just a receiving back...