2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, poblano said:

The point is Lawson maybe hit the top of his game and if Epenesa it's at that level with chances to improve  then is a better option.

I see Epenesa as Justin Smith(Cin/SF) not explosive, but with enough ability to rush from any spot in the line, and obviously a good run stuffer(the comparison is exaggerated at the moment, but can't remember other player with those abilities)

It's a waste and an overdraft at 22

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

I would rather just re-sign Shaq Lawson, who is exactly what you just described, but who already has 4 years of seasoning and who we already know fits in well with the locker room.

It would be completely illogical to me to let Lawson walk and then draft Epenesa. Spinning our wheels.

..certainly agree.....think the kid has progressed well and declining the option was the right move.....probably pushed him to achieve more in 2019 and may have resulted in an uptick in his price.....he'll test FA IMO and I would think Beane comes up with a fair offer.....

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Go all LSU in the draft. Would take Sone trades for Beane:

K'Lavon Chaisson
Justin Jefferson
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

The funny thing is now I really do look at what conference they play in. If they are SEC they have played much better competition and it will show up earlier in the NFL when players are still cost controlled. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My view on Epenesa is he is a big end who plays the run well can slide inside on obvious pass down and will get you 5 sacks a year. If people are hoping for an explosive edge rusher then for me he is not it. 

Yeah, I watched a bunch of his tape, and he struck me as playing a lot like Shaq Lawson. Do we need another Lawson? Not sure it's the pick to make in Rd. 1.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

Shenault having core surgery per CBS sportsline....... one more reason NOT to draft him....

I don’t actually think it’s a reason not the draft him. The surgery will make him better. I’d be more concerned if he didn’t have it, which he was originally planning on 

51 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Dumb. Ass. Moron. 

My apologies to morons everywhere for the comparison. 

I mean it’s funny on the surface, but it’s almost disqualifying.  These are job interviews.  Combine that answer with his performance at the combine, and you gotta ask if the guy even cares about playing in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Feel bad for the kid, but it’s worrisome that the story changed from “no surgery needed” to “surgery needed” over a few short weeks

...here is a comparative recoup time for NHL's Stamkos having same surgery.............

Lightning's Steven Stamkos out 6-8 weeks after surgery

• Associated Press      
    4:33 PM ET

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos will undergo surgery for a core muscle injury and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season and potentially the first round of the playoffs.

The Lightning said Saturday that Stamkos will be out for approximately six to eight weeks, including rest and recovery. The Lightning are second in the Atlantic Division, and the playoffs are scheduled to begin the week of April 6.

Stamkos has 29 goals and 66 points this season, both second on the team behind Nikita Kucherov. The surgery will be performed Monday by Dr. Michael Brunt at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.

Stamkos, the overall No. 1 draft pick in 2008 and twice the NHL's top goal scorer, will miss a significant amount of action due to injury for the fourth time since 2014.

After not missing a game because of injury in his first five seasons, Stamkos suffered a broken leg in Boston during a game on Nov. 11, 2014, when he crashed into the goal post and had to be stretchered off the ice. He underwent surgery to insert a titanium rod in the leg and missed all but 37 games that season.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nor me. At the moment I have Young (obviously) with a 1st and Chaisson with a borderline 1st/2nd. And I keep going back and forth on Chaisson. I don't think I am struggling with any other player in this class as much as him. I have now been back around a 3rd time on him. Conflicted. 

After that it Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Anae and your boy Greenard are all in a bit of a clump as mid to high 2nd round grades. 

what don't you like about Chaisson? I thought he made plays but was to slender.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

what don't you like about Chaisson? I thought he made plays but was to slender.

So frame an ability to play as an every down end is definitely one thing. The other is just lack of production. If you are drafting Chaisson in the first as a pass rusher you are banking on him being able to significantly increase his production in a higher level of football compared to college. That does happen but its rare. And as well as that his tape from the game against Georgia where he went against a fellow 1st round talent in Andrew Thomas at tackle and came off 2nd best by a distance. 

EDIT: I should clarify that I do like him. I have a borderline 1st on him. The above is what has to this point held me back from going with a true 1st round grade. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2