The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG! The disrespectful blonde chick went at Trump again "no consequences for China" and Trump was "HOW DO YOU  KNOW?" and he told her she'd be the last person he'd let know.

I lol'd at that

Gotta love it 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He should throw this woman out who is screaming over his answer. That is completely disrespectful.

Was she screaming like a whiny little b1tch that the virus started in the UK, not in China, and it was passed on to a guy in NY, who then passed it on to the rest of the world?

Because it's been a while since @BillZtime was in this thread.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Was she screaming like a whiny little b1tch that the virus started in the UK, not in China, and it was passed on to a guy in NY, who then passed it on to the rest of the world?

I am sure the clips will come out. She was really something.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Deranged - how many handles do you have?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Forgive the overused cliche', but...do you want more Trump? Because that's how you get more Trump.

Watching the left piss their pants every day never gets old.

It was a beat down, and the press was too stupid to realize they should have just taken the loss.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It was a beat down, and the press was too stupid to realize they should have just taken the loss.

No in fact inside their over inflated sense of self importance minds, today was a huge win for them.

Who's self identifying as an old German woman today, tibs or gary?

Edited by Albwan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I clearly don't see this the same way as the majority of the board, but that was NOT a good look for Trump. I've seen him "own" the room; many, many times. 

That did not happen here; at all. The Hemmingway line was good, but this was a subpar performance.

He'll have some really interesting tweets later tonight.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I clearly don't see this the same way as the majority of the board, but that was NOT a good look for Trump. I've seen him "own" the room; many, many times. 

That did not happen here; at all. The Hemmingway line was good, but this was a subpar performance.

Did your mama also tell you life was like a box of chocolates?

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well, the "msm" agrees with you and thought this was peachy keen. Not sure if this woman knows she is speaking to the President of the United States.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I argue he needs to be much harsher with these treasonous *****.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I would not call on any of the "gotchya" people. There are a number of people in the press room that ask fairly reasonable questions, in a non-confrontational, non-gotchya manner.  I'd call on those people continually (looping through the 3 of them) until the others in the room figure out that arguing with the President of the United States, yelling over the President of the United States while he answering a question, and that the "When did you stop beating your wife?" questions need to end, is the way to get your hand picked for questions.

Now, does that mean the press should not be tough? Of course not. They definitely should ask the tough questions. But, they can be respectful to the office (if not the man), and ask questions that Americans would like answers to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I would not call on any of the "gotchya" people. There are a number of people in the press room that ask fairly reasonable questions, in a non-confrontational, non-gotchya manner.  I'd call on those people continually (looping through the 3 of them) until the others in the room figure out that arguing with the President of the United States, yelling over the President of the United States while he answering a question, and that the "When did you stop beating your wife?" questions need to end, is the way to get your hand picked for questions.

Now, does that mean the press should not be tough? Of course not. They definitely should ask the tough questions. But, they can be respectful to the office (if not the man), and ask questions that Americans would like answers to.

You mean sugar coat it - make it palatable for thin skin Trump and his supporters?

Meanwhile, as Trump rambles and gaslights - 1,500 more Americans died today.

23,600 Americans are dead. 1 in 5 deaths worldwide.

Just now, shoshin said:

There was a moment this morning when we were congratulating each other on the quality of posts so far today. 

I wonder if goes to crap when other time zones wake up. 

I'll put BillZtime on ignore and keep from adding to the degrading of content. It's kind of hard to leave her alone because she's so unhinged that I find it funny.

But I'll do my best to lay off her.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillZtime said:

You mean sugar coat it - make it palatable for thin skin Trump and his supporters?

Meanwhile, as Trump rambles and gaslights - 1,500 more Americans died today.

23,600 Americans are dead. 1 in 5 deaths worldwide.

Coronavirus appears to have a worse effect on those with underlying conditions. Americans, especially in certain regions aren’t a healthy lot. If you think the President or leader of a nation could have prevented Coronavirus , and especially deaths of those who were infected you’re just flat out wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yep. Big difference between asking tough, probing question to get at THE story as opposed to asking ridiculous gotcha questions in an attempt to frame a narrative around A story.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Did your mama also tell you life was like a box of chocolates?

You're not good at this. 

38 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's my point Joe. I'm leaving the politics aside for a moment and just noting that he wasn't nearly as harsh (or funny) as I expected in this particular press briefing.

He made some good points. He said some things that stretched the truth. I'm speaking more of the theatrical standard he's set. 

I'm not a fan, but again leaving that alone for that moment. I AM a fan of his theatrics because he's an entertaining guy. I'm sure he'll come out much stronger very soon whether it be a rally or another PB.

Edited by LSHMEAB

On 4/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, Magox said:

Gottlieb pretty much validates what Dr Fauci and Dr Birx have been saying but actually puts some additional meat on the bones.

He says that if China had provided genetic viral strains earlier than it did and not withheld it, it would have allowed us to get more of a head start to be able to develop our testing sooner rather than later.

He also heavily faults China and WHO to an extent for their roles in this https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-scott-gottlieb-china-world-health-organization-face-the-nation/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=86395483

How much earlier was needed? The German test, adopted by WHO, was ready Jan 17th. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coronavirus-testing-problems-timeline-2020-3

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes, he showed a lot of restraint with some of these idiots.

the media is by far the biggest issue in our society. I’m not quite sure how it can be fixed. More information and more access is a great start, but it’s raised the level of hysteria to unfathomable levels. And who really has the time to sift through everything, most certainly not the average American. Most Americans are drowning their level of consciousness in social media, video games, reality tv, etc, not to mention the even more destructive vices.  For many of those that do try to follow, they rely on sources that confirm their bias so they dig deeper into positions.

I am mostly in approval of DJT, primarily because he’s done a lot to expose them for what they are, some policy decisions, and his general tendencies to err on the side of federalism (although that’s not absolute), but you do sometimes have to take the bad with the good. His approach is a necessary step I guess. Love seeing him humiliate the press though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cmon-

Even if you are a Trump supporter you can’t buy some of this crap. 

The man called this virus a hoax. He can’t now act like he was quick to respond. He need to stop politicizing and campaigning and put out the fire!

37 minutes ago, TPS said:

How much earlier was needed? The German test, adopted by WHO, was ready Jan 17th. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coronavirus-testing-problems-timeline-2020-3

I think the issues with testing in this country need to be better explained if they haven't already.  I've heard some things some from a local radio interview recently that mentioned some challenges here in the U.S. in terms of the variety of testing platforms we use in this country and that not all tests are compatible with all equipment and that some equipment is designed to handle higher test volumes than others.  Your linked article and other news outlets I've heard have parroted the report that WHO had a test and we chose not use it.  I can't imagine that such a test would have been readily available in the numbers we need and fully compatible with our testing network and that we would not use it at all.  If Germany developed a test in a week, the calculus could easily have been that we too can develop a test in a week or two that we can manufacture and source here in the numbers we need and that can be deployed with our test platforms.  That doing this would be faster than trying to source, deliver and deploy new testing equipment throughout the country.   That may have been a good calculus but when our test had problems, we had a setback.

South Korea also developed their own test and passed on the German/WHO test.  There has to be reasons why the world simply didn't overwhelming adopt that test.   

Edited by keepthefaith