The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Nice try Slim!

Within the span of three minutes two of these so called journalists asked the President if he was being too optimistic, and then too pessimistic. Give me a break! These aren’t reporters, these are Resistance Fighters. Horrible people....sitting there on the cushy arses while others are doing all of the work! 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Nice try Slim!

Within the span of three minutes two of these so called journalists asked the President if he was being too optimistic, and then too pessimistic. Give me a break! These aren’t reporters, these are Resistance Fighters. Horrible people....sitting there on the cushy arses while others are doing all of the work! 

The worst part is that they are getting paid while a lot of people in this country are going without paychecks right now...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice try Slim!

Did you defend Dick Jauron this fiercely too?

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The worst part is that they are getting paid while a lot of people in this country are going without paychecks right now...

They're *GASP* doing their job.

Because they are doing their jobs! How dare they question the president! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

They’re asking questions with no answers. They’re asking questions about feelings not facts.And I believe they’re being taught to do so in ‘journalism’ school. You ask a question so that you can spin the answer into the narrative you’ve  predetermined you want to write. Thus, the President pushes back. He knows what they’re going to write will be full of snarky crap. I honestly can’t believe he’s as polite and patient as he is! I’d tell these folks to go f@&& themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TPS said:

I should've linked to this response instead of repeated things.  Maybe you missed it...it's on that page at least

I saw the article, and it relies on the talking points that we discussed before.  As more data comes and scientists learn more about the virus, it does turn out that personal behavior plays a huge role in stemming the spread.  Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the wide variation of the spread across nations.

There seems to be a very low probability of spreading the virus through the air, with person to person contact or putting your germy hands on your face being the most likely culprit.  That's why countries that preach good hygiene fare a bit better and why social distancing rules should help.

But getting back to the point of the most recent contention about RI being concerned about NY moving up there, while ignoring the greater risk of Mass right next door.   Again, because NY is weeks ahead of Mass, the migrating NYers are less likely to carry the virus as of now.  Even if they do, we're talking about dozens maybe hundreds of asymptomatic NYers, vs thousands of Mass & RI residents crossing each others' paths on a daily basis.   So, please tell me about that math again.

That's why I'm glad Cuomo B word slapped Raimondo for being an idiot.

26 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Didn't Trump say ....  No one expected the China Virus to be so bad?  YET 

In a presser 

Alcindor began her question by directly quoting Trump from a recent interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, in which the president said he does not believe New York needs all the ventilators that Gov. Andrew Cuomo said they did.

“And you know a lot ― a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need but I’m building,” Trump told Hannity, according to the transcript. “You know, we’re building four hospitals, four medical centers and many other things we’ve developed and sent thousands of ― thousands of ventilators.”

Why don’t “you people” act “a little more positive?” Trump told Alcindor as she continued to try and finish her question.

“Let me tell you something.

Be nice.

Don’t be threatening, don’t be threatening.

Be nice.”

Trump then had Alcindor’s microphone taken away when she tried to ask her second question.

this looks  like obvious sarcasm (I hope)

in that light  -  LOL 

If you are being serious....

Waiting MONTHS to act is better than anyone ever before?

Well. Thanks for that.

I bet they said the same thing about world leaders when the Black Plague ended too. 

https://youtu.be/sR3f95BGIiA

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Did you defend Dick Jauron this fiercely too?

They're *GASP* doing their job.

You should gasp when you say that, and even more, think about how intellectually dishonest you are being. I expect it from someone like Q-baby. He is a troll and a loser. You are better than that.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump started fighting this virus with more vigor than the WHO and much earlier. The WHO was still stating that the virus couldn't be passed between humans when Trump closed our borders for travel to and from China. Your bolded statement above is an outright lie. How or why would anyone believe anything that you post? You don't even link anything to your stupid speculation. 

LOL.  Please post a link with truthful facts. 

A few weeks after the outbreak began in China’s Hubei province in December, U.S. health officials warned Trump of the seriousness of the threat. But in his first public comments about the virus, on Jan. 22, Trump told the public he wasn’t worried. “Not at all,” he said. “We have it totally under control.” Throughout February, Trump dismissed Democrats’ alarm about the virus as their new “hoax,” blamed “the Democrat policy of open borders” for the pathogen’s spread and insisted that his Jan. 31 decision to restrict travel from China had contained the outbreak. By Feb. 29, officials reported the first coronavirus–related death of an American on U.S. soil.

https://time.com/5805683/trump-administration-coronavirus/

Trump’s first Major error in the crisis came a year and a half before the novel coronavirus first emerged in Wuhan, China. In May 2018, he authorized his then National Security Adviser, John Bolton, to eliminate the National Security Council’s global health security unit and demote its pandemic experts.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Because they are doing their jobs! How dare they question the president! 

Their job is to report the facts. Not ask open ended opinion based questions and you know it. Next time the fireman comes to your house I hope your neighbor is standing on the lawn asking them what time they think they’ll be done using the water ‘cause he wants to take a shower!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They’re asking questions with no answers. They’re asking questions about feelings not facts.And I believe they’re being taught to do so in ‘journalism’ school. You ask a question so that you can spin the answer into the narrative you’ve  predetermined you want to write. Thus, the President pushes back. He knows what they’re going to write will be full of snarky crap. I honestly can’t believe he’s as polite and patient as he is! I’d tell these folks to go f@&& themselves.

They are trying to shape a narrative, not report the news.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are trying to shape a narrative, not report the news.

100% correct. What’s odd is that right now they’re the only ones pushing that narrative. The country is pulling together, complying with recommendations, helping each other, holding fund raisers, etc.....and there’s the MSM firing away on all negative cylinders right on a cue! We’ve come a long way since 9/11. No more pulling together now. Just all negative, all the time. Really horrible people.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GG said:

I saw the article, and it relies on the talking points that we discussed before.  As more data comes and scientists learn more about the virus, it does turn out that personal behavior plays a huge role in stemming the spread.  Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the wide variation of the spread across nations.

There seems to be a very low probability of spreading the virus through the air, with person to person contact or putting your germy hands on your face being the most likely culprit.  That's why countries that preach good hygiene fare a bit better and why social distancing rules should help.

But getting back to the point of the most recent contention about RI being concerned about NY moving up there, while ignoring the greater risk of Mass right next door.   Again, because NY is weeks ahead of Mass, the migrating NYers are less likely to carry the virus as of now.  Even if they do, we're talking about dozens maybe hundreds of asymptomatic NYers, vs thousands of Mass & RI residents crossing each others' paths on a daily basis.   So, please tell me about that math again.

That's why I'm glad Cuomo B word slapped Raimondo for being an idiot.

Where do get that MA is weeks behind NY? MA had its first cases in the last week of Feb, and NY was about same. One of the sites I use shows the growth as of the 20th case, and MA is only 3 days behind NY. 

Oh, and I wasn't trying to link to an article, rather my response to your error-filled critique of Pueyo.  

Edited by TPS

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Trump’s first Major error in the crisis came a year and a half before the novel coronavirus first emerged in Wuhan, China. In May 2018, he authorized his then National Security Adviser, John Bolton, to eliminate the National Security Council’s global health security unit and demote its pandemic experts.

Cool story bro.

Don't you ever tire of the histrionic handwringing, superficial depth, lack of honesty, and the hypocrisy that permeates every post you write? 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

100% correct. What’s odd is that right now they’re the only ones pushing that narrative. The country is pulling together, complying with recommendations, helping each other, holding fund raisers, etc.....and there’s the MSM firing away on all negative cylinders right on a cue! We’ve come a long way since 9/11. No more pulling together now. Just all negative, all the time. Really horrible people.

Well, look who the leader is. He has worked hard at it and I guess it is working. 

5 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Were you this butthurt when the OAN reporter asked Trump if he thought the term "Chinese food" was racist? Talk about shaping a narrative...

I dislike any attempt at twisting facts into what you want them to be. I tend to be consistent in that way.

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LOL.  Please post a link with truthful facts. 

A few weeks after the outbreak began in China’s Hubei province in December, U.S. health officials warned Trump of the seriousness of the threat. But in his first public comments about the virus, on Jan. 22, Trump told the public he wasn’t worried. “Not at all,” he said. “We have it totally under control.” Throughout February, Trump dismissed Democrats’ alarm about the virus as their new “hoax,” blamed “the Democrat policy of open borders” for the pathogen’s spread and insisted that his Jan. 31 decision to restrict travel from China had contained the outbreak. By Feb. 29, officials reported the first coronavirus–related death of an American on U.S. soil.

https://time.com/5805683/trump-administration-coronavirus/

You may want to find my interaction with 3rd on this a few weeks back, it will save you from wasting your time...

Cool story bro.

Don't you ever tire of the histrionic handwringing, superficial depth, lack of honesty, and the hypocrisy that permeates every post you write? 

You know he should have had a test ready for a virus that never existed before, right? And while he was shutting down incoming travel the Congressional Democrats were....you guessed it....holding an Impeachment Show Trial. Nice work Nancy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3