The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He is proud of the fact that people put him on ignore. That says a lot about why he’s here. And if that’s the main reason he is here I have no idea why he’s allowed to continue. Sure there is very little moderating here but maybe we should advocate for change. It does ruin the forum for those trying to have an adult conversations. 

Most of us here function without foul language so when somebody uses such language the mods should be able to suspend activity for an offender even if it is for a day.

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

We know this?

We do not have a smoking gun in terms of this but it is considered highly probable by quite a number of us here.  It's not unheard of for organizations that have political themes to pay people to post on sites with high volumes of traffic.  

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

We do not have a smoking gun in terms of this but it is considered highly probable by quite a number of us here.  It's not unheard of for organizations that have political themes to pay people to post on sites with high volumes of traffic.  

Ahhh, this I know. Wasnt sure if it was a for sure thing. 

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Most of us here function without foul language so when somebody uses such language the mods should be able to suspend activity for an offender even if it is for a day.

It’s “smoker Sunday” so I will give you lickers a break today as I drink beer and cook. I have convinced my wife that you have to pay close attention to the smoker and that requires refreshments! Cheers! 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Oh ***** that. They ***** ban foul ***** language I’ll be ***** banned quicker than mother*****ing *****! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

It’s “smoker Sunday” so I will give you lickers a break today as I drink beer and cook. I have convinced my wife that you have to pay close attention to the smoker and that requires refreshments! Cheers! 

She probably wished you tended to the smoker every day. ?

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I may have misinterpreted the multiple reports I read. If the Nursing home deaths are counted in the total but not tracked individually, that makes a little more sense.

Except that last I checked--again maybe this changed in the last couple days, so correct me if I'm wrong--only somewhere around half the states in the country are even providing data regarding Covid-19 related deaths in nursing homes.

That combined with our minuscule testing numbers PER CAPITA in relation to other countries and it'd be wishful thinking to not believe the total Covid-19 related deaths in our country are significantly higher than the already frightening 39,000+ number it stands at today, less than 3 months since the first confirmed US case.

I'm sure there are millions of bodies out there....

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I agree that Cuomo, for the most part, had handled the crisis well. I’m just pointing out he was wrong to be “hysterical” about it. He was so wrong in fact NY is now giving away their surplus. I sure hope this doesn’t spike again and NY needs them. 

...have to respectfully disagree 'Chef........based on the population density of NYC and the ongoing influx of worldwide travelers, irrespective of Covid-19 for starters, NYS was woefully underprepared for such a calamity......if, IF the report is true about auctioning off ventilators, that IMO speaks volumes about pro-active preparedness, seemingly ignoring any "what if" synopsis, again based on population density.......now looking at Covid-19 cases and deaths, is this a valid observation or am I way off base?....should us in WNY be included in his "grand plan" ?......should there be or should there NOT be regional variations, but NOT sacrificing due diligence?......

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

I typically hate you for obvious reasons, but that does sound like a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why Democrats hate Republicans . . . 

Of the $170B giveaway to real estate developers in the coronavirus stimulus package (which is larger than the $100B earmarked for hospitals or the $150B set aside for states fighting coronavirus):

a)  "...the Joint Committee on Taxation found that 82 percent of the benefit of this and another tax giveaway in the coronavirus relief bill will go to the 43,000 taxpayers who earn more than $1 million — and just 3 percent to those who earn less than $100,000", and

b)  "...Worse, the bonanza for these millionaires and billionaires has little to do with the coronavirus: It lets them offset losses not just from 2020 but from 2018 and 2019, before the pandemic."

Trump and Kushner could reap a pandemic windfall

No wonder Trump boldly proclaimed he would not follow the law on disclosing where the money is spent 

DeBlasio is now claiming that the massive infections and deaths in NYC due to the virus was because the federal government was not in a position to do mass testing. While testing is important I think the spreading of the virus could have been drastically reduced by NOT TELLING PEOPLE TO GO OUT TO EAT AND/OR PARTY WHEN THE CITY WAS ALREADY INFECTED.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

...I've probably had too many "senior moments" to understand this modern world........but what is repulsive to me is the surfacing of the "race card".....albeit attacking Asian Americans as if this is THEIR fault.....or better yet, the black NIH official (??) stating, "doctors are willing to let African Americans die from Covid-19".......sadly in my lifetime (age 67), we are sinking to new societal lows....God help us.....

• Like (+1) 2

Sugar Nipples is holding his daily presser, said next week NYS DOH will be launching statewide antibody testing next week.  Had a slide showing how few infections upstate compared to the NY Metro area. Sounds like he is feeling the heat to reopen upstate...

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

When I saw that picture I didn’t even think about the lack of masks.  It was the lack of social distancing and staying at home which was in place then. 

People are allowed to be outside for exercise. 

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Sugar Nipples is holding his daily presser, said next week NYS DOH will be launching statewide antibody testing next week.  Had a slide showing how few infections upstate compared to the NY Metro area. Sounds like he is feeling the heat to reopen upstate...

I expect he will not treat the state uniformly. 

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

.....LMAO...um....er...uh....well...ok.......WNY/Upstate is the ugly stepchild until the "APB for money" goes out..........

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....LMAO...um....er...uh....well...ok.......WNY/Upstate is the ugly stepchild until the "APB for money" goes out..........

I think the APB for $$$ went out weeks ago. 

They are claiming to start, they will be able to do 10,000 antibody tests per day, after they get to full capacity 20,000 tests per day just at Northwell Health alone.

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think the APB for $$$ went out weeks ago. 

They are claiming to start, they will be able to do 10,000 antibody tests per day, after they get to full capacity 20,000 tests per day just at Northwell Health alone.

...been in effect for YEARS......always been NYC FIRST and "the irrelevant rest in this state"..........

Interesting

https://www.foxnews.com/science/researchers-discover-new-coronavirus-symptoms-feet-lesions?fbclid=IwAR31awy1BUowMMRD3_-gwYDdKTp4r_3YwwCW7UC6l86kYkBJ_hiVZ79PINs

Researchers discover new coronavirus symptoms: feet lesions

By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

Fox News Flash top headlines for April 17

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

COVID-19, the disease that has caused the coronavirus pandemic, is a respiratory illness that has symptoms that can include fatigue, a persistent cough and fevers. However, researchers in Spain believe they have discovered another symptom —lesions on feet.

According to a statement from the Spanish General Council of Official Podiatrist Colleges, the lesions are described as similar to those seen with chickenpox and can largely be seen on the feet of children and adolescents. They have also been spotted on some adults.

"It is a curious finding that began yesterday to spread in the healthcare field, among dermatologists and podiatrists, fundamentally: the same symptoms are increasingly being detected in patients with COVID -19, especially children and adolescents, although some cases have also been detected in adults," the statement reads. "These are purple-colored lesions (very similar to those of chickenpox, measles or chilblains) that usually appear around the toes and that usually heal without leaving marks on the skin."

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...been in effect for YEARS......always been NYC FIRST and "the irrelevant rest in this state"..........

You are correct in stating they use us up here as a cash cow, but they see dollar signs at the prospect of opening up some parts of upstate. They effectively have zero revenue coming into the state coffers right now.

The Aussies are not happy with China either.  

Australia demands coronavirus enquiry, adding to pressure on China

Australia on Sunday added to growing pressure on China over its handling of the novel coronavirus, questioning its transparency and demanding an international investigation into the origins of the virus and how it spread.

</snip>

“The issues around the coronavirus are issues for independent review, and I think that it is important that we do that,” Payne told ABC television.

“In fact, Australia will absolutely insist on that.”

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

and people actually vote and support this drunk moron. Blows my mind. 

What they never get is that I wouldn’t have really held that interview against her. It’s the stunning hypocrisy and then going back to the racism defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dubs said:

and people actually vote and support this drunk moron. Blows my mind. 

What they never get is that I wouldn’t have really held that interview against her. It’s the stunning hypocrisy and then going back to the racism defense.  

It's a pathetic attempt at excuse-making.  Just like de Blas blaming lack of testing but still telling people to go out and risk spreading/getting it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a pathetic attempt at excuse-making.  Just like de Blas blaming lack of testing but still telling people to go out and risk spreading/getting it.

It was also clearly coordinated with Wallace. She knew the question was coming, he likely tipped her off to it, she was prepared with a RIDICULOUS answer that any real journalist would have taken her to task for -- but Wallace is a bought and paid for asset. So he let her get away with it. 

...Because Fox is as bad as the rest. Paul Ryan being on the board wasn't a coincidence or mistake. Just like his decision to leave office had nothing to do with him wanting to spend more time with his family and everything to do with him being forced out because he's dirty AF.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was also clearly coordinated with Wallace. She knew the question was coming, he likely tipped her off to it, she was prepared with a RIDICULOUS answer that any real journalist would have taken her to task for -- but Wallace is a bought and paid for asset. So he let her get away with it. 

...Because Fox is as bad as the rest. Paul Ryan being on the board wasn't a coincidence or mistake. Just like his decision to leave office had nothing to do with him wanting to spend more time with his family and everything to do with him being forced out because he's dirty AF.

Didn't Chris Wallace used to be fairly level handed? That's my recollection but I only ever really noticed him when I was evaluating him as a debate moderator. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(And now, rather than defend his reprehensible position -- he's on an emoji spree because he's not a serious person. Just an NPC with no time to think for himself) :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Nothing you can do to change an extremists mind like yours... Everyone knows this on PPP.

Edited by Hardhatharry

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have no doubt it was coordinated.  Probably a pre-condition to come on the show.

As for Wallace, I think they keep him on there because of his dad and because he's the only liberal and they want to be "fair and balanced."  But his show is just one hour a week compared to one hour a night for each of Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Hahaha..... oh i'm going to spread that about Cuomo......hahahaha......

Just now, Hardhatharry said:

Nothing you can do to change an extremists mind like yours... Everyone knows this on PPP.

You're wrong. I've evolved quite a bit based on new information throughout my time on here. 

But you're always wrong -- so that's no shock. Keep on being an NPC and believing that thinking for one's self is overrated. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Didn't Chris Wallace used to be fairly level handed? That's my recollection but I only ever really noticed him when I was evaluating him as a debate moderator. 

He's always been a shill. He was just better at hiding it. 

6 hours ago, shoshin said:

First there’s no evidence the photo is from April 6...the story from April 6 says people were “recently seen,” and I’m not sure People is the best source for exacting language. It’s just at least that old. And masks were barely on people’s minds two weeks ago. Hard to keep in mind how fast the changes have happened. heck there is some guy here who is adamant he will

not wear masks and another who says they are useless. And there are other photos in that article of people with masks. I wonder why when he chose a two week old photo to misrepresent things, he didn’t pick those. 

But if you want to defend a guy who represented that a photo from —-People—- from two weeks ago was taken yesterday to foment the “outrage” machine, have at it. I just wanted to point out it was crap. 

The other thing with the picture is angle can change what you see, especially if it is intentionally blurry. If the pic was taken 20 feet in air those people might be much further apart then they look in picture

Doctor says coronavirus could be spreading through farts – but experts aren’t so sure

Australian doctor Andy Tagg pointed out that farting could cause coronavirus after analysing a series of tests take from coronavirus patients earlier this year.

He cited tests that revealed the virus was present in the faeces of 55 per cent of patients with Covid-19.

And medics have previously warned farts contain tiny poo particles that can spread bacteria.

Dr Tagg wrote: “Well, SARS-CoV-2 can be detected in faeces and has been detected in an asymptomatic individual up to 17 days post-exposure.”

The doctor added that previous tests have shown farts have the power to spray talcum powder long distances. ...

:blink:

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Doctor says coronavirus could be spreading through farts – but experts aren’t so sure

Australian doctor Andy Tagg pointed out that farting could cause coronavirus after analysing a series of tests take from coronavirus patients earlier this year.

He cited tests that revealed the virus was present in the faeces of 55 per cent of patients with Covid-19.

And medics have previously warned farts contain tiny poo particles that can spread bacteria.

Dr Tagg wrote: “Well, SARS-CoV-2 can be detected in faeces and has been detected in an asymptomatic individual up to 17 days post-exposure.”

The doctor added that previous tests have shown farts have the power to spray talcum powder long distances. ...

:blink:

Sounds like good reasons to wear underwear and pants. 

• Haha (+1) 1