The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Featured-Image-Template40.png

OK, one last time for the feeble minded. Trump took plenty of action and was ahead of the curve unlike many other countries and the WHO. Your criticism of him is for his verbal efforts to try to keep people calm. You would complain no matter what he did, Chicken Little. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

OK, one last time for the feeble minded. Trump took plenty of action and was ahead of the curve unlike many other countries and the WHO. Your criticism of him is for his verbal efforts to try to keep people calm. You would complain no matter what he did, Chicken Little. 

What actions did he do in February while trying to keep people calm to stop the spread of Covid-19?

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right, you are not an expert. And, somehow, pandemic experts around the globe failed to come up with an answer either.

By the way, if Germany has done more testing per capita than we have, and, currently, we are separated by about 1% in the death rate. If we had done the equal amount of testing per capita right now, wouldn't our death rate be even lower? Maybe even lower than Germany's?

We don't know if this is true.

All we know is that those government policies failed across the Western World.

We have no idea what the experts like Dr. Fauci were saying in January and February behind closed doors. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

About the same time Trump was saying US has nothing to worry about. Both sides are ***** ######ed

I didn't say anything about Trump.

My post was to point out that Pelosi was in Chinatown on February 24th urging people to come out.

You probably should have figured that out when I wrote "Her visit was February 24th" and posted a link of her visit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

My post was to point out that Pelosi was in Chinatown on February 24th urging people to come out.

You probably should have figured that out when I wrote "Her visit was February 24th" and posted a link of her visit.

I was adding to it since you would never.

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

What actions did he do in February while trying to keep people calm to stop the spread of Covid-19?

Gary, he closed down travel from China and Europe and the Left reacted by calling him a racist, tyrant, authoritarian. I can only imagine what their reaction would’ve been had he put a wall around NY City! Come on man! 

Common man! Get with it. ORANGEMANBAD!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We don't know if this is true.

All we know is that those government policies failed across the Western World.

We have no idea what the experts like Dr. Fauci were saying in January and February behind closed doors. 

My point exactly. The response was pretty much the same world wide, yet, somehow, Trump, who reacted no differently than any other leaders (and the numbers support it) is the one who failed to respond?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Gary, he closed down travel from China and Europe and the Left reacted by calling him a racist, tyrant, authoritarian. I can only imagine what their reaction would’ve been had he put a wall around NY City! Come on man! 

What else did he do?

Did he order the production of ventilators or PPE? Did he order the mass production of testing equipment?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

My point exactly. The response was pretty much the same world wide, yet, somehow, Trump, who reacted no differently than any other leaders (and the numbers support it) is the one who failed to respond?

Shouldn't matter what other countries do.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the problem is that the US is going to have by far the most fatalities in the world outside of China when this is all said and done.

In six months I'm fairly confident people will be able to look back and say, the Western World totally screwed up, but the US screwed up the most.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why would I add something completely irrelevant to what I was responding to? 

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him than some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think the problem is that the US is going to have by far the most fatalities in the world outside of China when this is all said and done.

In six months I'm fairly confident people will be able to look back and say, the Western World totally screwed up, but the US screwed up the most.

Probably not in here with the extremists.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him then some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

I was watching MSNBC last night to listen to a Q&A with Dr Fauci. He answered questions off twitter. 

One was, I thought this was supposed to go away in warm weather. Why is it being spread so much in Florida?

I GUARANTEE that guy got that idea from Trump or Fox News when they were pushing the idea it would go away like the flu when the weather warmed up. 

It's like a wave, one day like a miracle it will just be gone. - Trump sometime in late Feb/early March

Whoops!

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They may very well have the most fatalities. That is not the measure of the success in their response -  cases per capita and the death rate are. If, at the end of this, the US has one of the lowest death rates of any country, would that be a measure of success to you?

5 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him than some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

Probably not in here with the extremists.

You are not very good at this. Why don't you just do what you usually do and spend your time putting frown emojis on every post you don't understand?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1