The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Parental controls must have been turned off on a number of computers as children have taken over this thread. I’ll check back in tomorrow and, hopefully, the adults will have returned :thumbsup:

Wash your lady parts! 

Edited by Q-baby!

58 minutes ago, GG said:

That is patently false and rewriting history.  If your position was correct, then Cuomo and Diblasio would have been banging the table in February for more testing.   Instead they told everyone to carry on with their lives, but be vigilant.  The city and state officials also didn't take it seriously until early March. 

South Korea didn't stem the decline due to tesing.  They did it by staying away from one another, wearing masks and keeping very clean.  

The first known case in NY was identified March 1st, while de blasio was still telling people to go about their business that week, I don't think you can say the same about Cuomo.  He declared a state of emergency 6 days later.

Just now, TPS said:

The first known case in NY was identified March 1st, while de blasio was still telling people to go about their business that week, I don't think you can say the same about Cuomo.  He declared a state of emergency 6 days later.

They’re both morons. DeBlasio wants prison cells to have kitchenettes and individual A/C ( not making it up) and Cuomo released 1200 “ non violent “ inmates last Friday night including some sex offenders. Two horrendous individuals. 

All this arguing about how things could have been handled here in a better manner and it's crickets about the real culprits of this scourge, the CCP and WHO. They are complicit in the murder of hundreds of thousands or more across the world. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

All this arguing about how things could have been handled here in a better manner and it's crickets about the real culprits of this scourge, the CCP and WHO. They are complicit in the murder of hundreds of thousands or more across the world. 

Agreed. I’m fine with the Federal response here ; perhaps states with hotspots could have been on it faster. None seemed prepared with supplies to deal with this. It’s an outside problem that got here eventually. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. I’m fine with the Federal response here ; perhaps states with hotspots could have been on it faster. None seemed prepared with supplies to deal with this. It’s an outside problem that got here eventually. 

Of course. ???  Trump ball washers everywhere. Unbelievable, yet totally believable. ???

3 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Of course. ???  Trump ball washers everywhere. Unbelievable, yet totally believable. ???

Jesus, hell i'm not the best Trump supporter everyone knows here. Post when he does well. You're post's are just crap. I would say a swear word bit don't wanna be banned. Just letting you know. You're content is full of crap. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Jesus, hell i'm not the best Trump supporter everyone knows here. Post when he does well. You're post's are just crap. I would say a swear word bit don't wanna be banned. Just letting you know. You're content is full of crap. 

Thanks princess! Did Donnie touch you? 

Yes, let's not look at the past and cast blame; however, I would suggest going back a month to see who was taking the trump line from the start, like comparing it to the flu, or posting how few deaths there were, then also look and see who took it seriously...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The rules are relaxed down here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

They were already saying they were on the verge of bankruptcy after a couple weeks. After a couple of weeks millions of people were already laid off across the nation. Corporations had no rainy day fund but we expect it of people scraping by on poverty wages? Come on, man.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the extra unemployment benefits in that bill.  What more do you think should've been in the bill?

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Is this Karl Marx?  Proletariat?  

if people accept no responsibility for themselves they will be given none. There is no argument from me on crony capitalism, none. It surely exists. But rather than peddle Marxist BS, maybe go the other way and argue for more freedom and acceptance of that responsibility. 

Well I'm glad everyone here at least seems to understand the dangerous potential for crony capitalism in the coronavirus bailout bill. When the time comes, will we put away partisan bickering and push every single elected politician for the necessarily strict oversight? I have my doubts, but maybe I'm being too cynical.

Regarding your statements on the need for more individual responsibility: there's no doubt a lot of truth to it for many Americans. But I also think you are generalizing too much here to the point that you may be ignoring the fundamental flaws with our current economic system. It’s hard for many to financially prepare for emergencies like this pandemic when wage growth isn’t keeping up with costs of living, health care, education, etc…

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The vulnerable can isolate. There are things that can be done. Not “ ok “ with any virus killing people but it happens . The economy won’t magically bounce back in short order whenever it opens back up. The longer it’s closed down, the worse it will be. It’s not a great choice here, but that’s where we are. It’s a war. In past wars , the  few ( still a lot) made the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the many. Now, there’s a mentality that most should sacrifice all for the good of the few. I just cannot agree with that. 

Are you aware that completely healthy people with no underlying conditions in their 20s and 30s are dying? Even at a best care scenario of 1.5%, you're talking 5.25M dead Americans and 112.5M dead globally. you might as well just drop a ****ing atomic bomb on your own people. It's essentially the same thing. The economy is a figment of our collective imagination. It only exists, or ceases to, because we all agree that it's the case. If we all wanted to, the S&P 500 could go to 3 Billion or 0 on any random tuesday. Unfortunately, human life doesn't have that same luxury.

You want to risk your life for a make believe economy that doesn't even serve you when it works? Go ahead. I've got better things to die for.