Gameday Thread Packers @ 49ers NFC Title

Chandler#81

Just now, Michael1962 said:

Maybe this was already discussed but if the 49ers win this does anyone think that they will be able to put the brakes on Mahomes and company?

SF will run the ball and keep it away from KC enough to win the time of possession game (like NFC teams typically do).

Oh, and their defense is pretty good, I hear...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Michael1962 said:

Maybe this was already discussed but if the 49ers win this does anyone think that they will be able to put the brakes on Mahomes and company?

The 9ers have a Great defense but I think the Chiefs can score 30 points or possibly more on ANYBODY , Jimmy G ( IMO ) is an average QB at best 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

The 9ers have a Great defense but I think the Chiefs can score 30 points or possibly more on ANYBODY , Jimmy G ( IMO ) is an average QB at best 

I agree, a Rodgers vs Mahomes matchup was more intriguing to me, but honestly I don’t think Rodgers is the Rodgers of old these days. 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Jimmy G is susceptible to a rush up the middle.  He tends to collapse under pressure.

The 49er defense will cause a lot of problems for Mahomes.

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I thought the first game was good.   The second one, not so much. 

Fair enough, I was traveling back from Nashville, and by he time I got home the “good” part was pretty much over. It was just what I had expected to see. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

SF will run the ball and keep it away from KC enough to win the time of possession game (like NFC teams typically do).

Oh, and their defense is pretty good, I hear...

Well ask Darth Vader about how being Obi Wans master worked out. ? 

Edited by TroutDog