Ron Rivera hired as HC in Washington [edited title]

YoloinOhio

RR better insist on a huge salary all guaranteed, with and opt out clause so he can jump ship at his need.  The skins HC position is battling with the Browns for the least desirable in the league. Taking either position is likely a large stain on ones coaching resume, it does not show good decision making skill.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The suitcase was full of food 

Only if you consider lard food...

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Rough environment but a he's good solid coach.

Wonder if the Skins worried the Giants would grab him.

Could be...

I'd not want to work for Danny but...I'd not want to have to deal with the NYC media either, so that may not be Ron's cup of tea.

I bet he turns them into a solid team that competes each game. And I bet somehow Snyder screws it up.

Oh and....Cam to Washington????

Edited by Golden*Wheels

12 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Rough environment but a he's good solid coach.

Wonder if the Skins worried the Giants would grab him.

I wonder if getting rid of Bruce Allen was a condition of him taking the job - he was fired today 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Kinda surprised Rivera took this job so quickly. I'd think he could do better.

Ditto.  Worst owner in the game; questionable QB and no GM.  Talk about a shitshow.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Dan Snyder has to let go of control in any case 

This is the only thing that matters.  If Snyder continues to insist on being involved in football decisions no coach will succeed there.  I hope for Ron's sake he got some sort of assurances in that regard (but I doubt it).

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

This is the only thing that matters.  If Snyder continues to insist on being involved in football decisions no coach will succeed there.  I hope for Ron's sake he got some sort of assurances in that regard (but I doubt it).

if I were Ron I’d ask for that 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

RR better insist on a huge salary all guaranteed, with and opt out clause so he can jump ship at his need.  The skins HC position is battling with the Browns for the least desirable in the league. Taking either position is likely a large stain on ones coaching resume, it does not show good decision making skill.

As a defensive HC, I think there are worse gigs. The division is not difficult right now (eagles just won it with my mailman playing WR) and they have the #2 pick where he has to be salivating at adding chase young (who is from DC btw). You have 6’6 Montez sweat already on the other side. He already knows josh Norman well and might keep him/revive his career. They already have a young QB and a really good young #1 WR on rookie deals as well as Derrius Guice at RB. Need to rebuild at OT. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Don't they have to interview minority first?

It was his snacks lol 

I hear that he is a hardworking blue collar guy, that was his 'Lunchbox'

So the Redskins may have a new coach hired before Jerry fires his coach that everyones known would be fired since Halloween?

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As a defensive HC, I think there are worse gigs. The division is not difficult right now (eagles just won it with my mailman playing WR) and they have the #2 pick where he has to be salivating at adding chase young (who is from DC btw). You have 6’6 Montez sweat already on the other side. He already knows josh Norman well and might keep him/revive his career. They already have a young QB and a really good young #1 WR on rookie deals as well as Derrius Guice at RB. Need to rebuild at OT. 

Understand that and it certainly has merit, but Snyder still owns the team... 

I’m guessing that he’s going to get to pick his own GM, or possibly even have some personnel control. 

Im also assuming (from what Rivera said he was looking for in a new job) that he got some assurances from Danny boy that he will be given full reign to change the culture in that building. 

Personally, I think he’s nuts going to work for Dan Snyder. But he could be great for that organization if Snyder doesn’t get in the way... (doubtful)