Wegman’s re-launching Flutie Flakes for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, brianthomas said:

I still have 5 unopened boxes of Flutie Flakes from back in the day. And a box of Kelly Krunch & 2 boxes of Terrell Owens wheaties lol

Why i have no idea. Just never opened them & as time went on it became something ive owned for years

Same with me - I got two boxes somewhere in my house

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again sir Flutie did not suck. He won comeback of the player year award his first year in Buffalo. And we had more than a great defense we still had Andre Reed and a decent running game with Thurman and Smith

During the 99 season prior to the benching, he had accumulated 19 TD's and 16 picks through 15 games. Threw for about 200 YPG, did nothing on the ground, and completed 55 percent of his passes. AMAZING player! Can't believe a team would bench a guy with this type of "magical" season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

During the 99 season prior to the benching, he had accumulated 19 TD's and 16 picks through 15 games. Threw for about 200 YPG, did nothing on the ground, and completed 55 percent of his passes. AMAZING player! Can't believe a team would bench a guy with this type of "magical" season.

And who did you think would’ve been the better QB for this team at that time? Flutie was the best we had and while not a better passer than Kelly he was for sure a better athlete 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not really. I thought he had potential, but it was obvious he didn't have the pocket presence to be an NFL QB.

If the question is Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie, my answer is neither. 

That number 1 defense lead by Ted Washington was amazing and the only thing worth remembering from the late 90's era. Flutie and Johnson BOTH sucked.

Exactly.  Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson were both on the starting end of a long string of terrible QBs.  No better way to memorialize this than "Flutie Flakes"

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Let's not forget that he had an awful game vs Ravens in '99 and only Banks ineptitude saved the game for the Bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

i had an original box of Flutie Flakes in my pantry for years, kinda forgot about them til my 12 year old step daughter (not realizing what they were), opened them up poured a bowl and took a bite. 

And? What was her reaction? 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not really. I thought he had potential, but it was obvious he didn't have the pocket presence to be an NFL QB.

If the question is Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie, my answer is neither. 

That number 1 defense lead by Ted Washington was amazing and the only thing worth remembering from the late 90's era. Flutie and Johnson BOTH sucked.

I enjoyed flutie but you are correct in that the Defense was disgustingly good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You sound like Rob Johnson's only fan...

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s the “legend of the game” on Sunday 

I dislike this guy is in any way associated with the Bills.

He was the ominous beginning of a 2 decade decline in the franchise from a championship competitor to an impotent marketing dog and pony show with poor locker room culture and inferior talent at every position; especially his. 

And if that’s not bad enough, he is considered some kind of superstar god in New England 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again sir Flutie did not suck. He won comeback of the player year award his first year in Buffalo. And we had more than a great defense we still had Andre Reed and a decent running game with Thurman and Smith

The 1999 version of Flutie sucked. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

People always forget that he had his shot in the playoffs. He stumbled and fumbled the ball away in the closing seconds as Armstrong easily stripped him near the goal line. "Mr Clutch" that Flutie. That Miami team went on to lose the following week by 35 points.

Tennessee was a MUCH tougher game and the Bills should have won. It's easy to say Flutie could have scored 20 points, but that's the same argument people would make for Tyrod prior to the Jax game had we known the final score. Let's say someone like Fitz played and had a bad Fitz performance where he handed the ball to the Jags several times and the Bills lost 17-10. People would say Tyrod ball would lead to at least 17. 

Flutie just wasn't that good, so it didn't matter all that much which QB played against Tennessee. Not only is Flutie the most overrated QB in Bills history, the "DECISION" is also the most overrated coaching(OWNER) move the franchise has ever made. Neither Flutie nor Johnson were any good. That number 1 defense Wade Phillips put together was the sole reason the team was in the playoffs.

So, that Miami game was Flutie's fault because he fumbled at the end? How about Eric Moulds's fumble on the first play of the game. It might not have come down to that at the last second if Moulds doesn't fumble. Seriously? I will never understand the Flutie hate

The secret out he hadn't been juicing out with HGH all these years instead he's been eating these....

cropped_brady_flutie_flakes.jpg

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, that Miami game was Flutie's fault because he fumbled at the end? How about Eric Moulds's fumble on the first play of the game. It might not have come down to that at the last second if Moulds doesn't fumble. Seriously? I will never understand the Flutie hate

Flutie also had a critical interception before the half in that game. Yes, Doug played well but when he left the field we were losing in part cause of his fumble.  For all his supporters that ignore this fact then they should also ignore all the times "he" won. The hate on Flutie is in 1999 he was a glorified game manager at toward the end of the season the offense wasn't producing much, it looked like RJ sparked the offense with a great performance against Indy. Truth be told if Tennessee doesn't score on the Music City Miracle RJ gets the Flutie magic treatment and the fan in house fighting stops and we likely cut Flutie  sooner. and eventually RJ sooner than later and maybe alter team history.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The secret out he hadn't been juicing out with HGH all these years instead he's been eating these....

cropped_brady_flutie_flakes.jpg

Flutie also had a critical interception before the half in that game. Yes, Doug played well but when he left the field we were losing in part cause of his fumble.  For all his supporters that ignore this fact then they should also ignore all the times "he" won.

He's not freaking perfect. We also got screwed out of an Andre Reed TD in that game. Without Flutie we aren't even playing in that game. We started 0-3 and he turned the season around for us. We made the playoffs that year because of him. Yeah, he fumbled the last play of the game. That could have happened to Peyton Manning. Flutie was a good QB for us. He was a team guy, not a me guy. One other guy in this post talked about how he divided the locker room, how? He got screwed over in the Titans playoff game and I honestly think if he plays that game that we go to the Super Bowl with the number 1 defense and beat the Rams 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I was thinking the same thing. How about some Allen flakes or Allen toast crunch

Yes! This! Live in the present looking forward instead of clinging to the marginally successful turds of the past!!! 

But Allen strikes me as more of a biscuits and gravy that some cheap knock of cereal. At least oatmeal or something 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

18 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So did Jim McMahon.... it’s not a benchmark for excellence.

its sort of a woah you suck a little less than we all thought you did award.  

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's not freaking perfect. We also got screwed out of an Andre Reed TD in that game. Without Flutie we aren't even playing in that game. We started 0-3 and he turned the season around for us. We made the playoffs that year because of him. Yeah, he fumbled the last play of the game. That could have happened to Peyton Manning. Flutie was a good QB for us. He was a team guy, not a me guy. One other guy in this post talked about how he divided the locker room, how? He got screwed over in the Titans playoff game and I honestly think if he plays that game that we go to the Super Bowl with the number 1 defense and beat the Rams 

Did Flutie turn the season around or land in a fortunate position? RJ had an awesome game against the Rams in Week 3 but we lost in the last few seconds in part because Flutie couldn't kill the clock. RJ then followed that up with a win in Week 4 with a win against the 49ers. I find it funny all the Flutie lovers always forget these things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Did Flutie turn the season around or land in a fortunate position? RJ had an awesome game against the Rams in Week 3 but we lost in the last few seconds in part because Flutie couldn't kill the clock. RJ then followed that up with a win in Week 4 with a win against the 49ers. I find it funny all the Flutie lovers always forget these things.

Rob Johnson sucked big time. That was clearly evident. You're pointing out a couple of decent games he had. It's amazing to me how all the Flutie haters seem to make Rob Johnson sound like he was a good QB. He was awful. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Flutie averaged like 16 points a game the last 5 weeks or so, we might beat Tennessee but no way we beat the Rams with that kind of production.

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Rob Johnson sucked big time. That was clearly evident. You're pointing out a couple of decent games he had. It's amazing to me how all the Flutie haters seem to make Rob Johnson sound like he was a good QB. He was awful. 

RJ sucked at staying healthy. As a result he could never be a full time starter. Either way neither him or Flutie were good enough to get us past the first game of the playoffs but at least RJ left the field with us ahead of the Titans which you can't say about Flutie in his 0-2 NFL playoffs record (he lost with the 1986 Bears too with one of the leagues best defenses that season).

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They were both aweful. Picking the starter was Sophie’s choice 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Flutie averaged like 16 points a game the last 5 weeks or so, we might beat Tennessee but no way we beat the Rams with that kind of production.

RJ sucked at staying healthy. As a result he could never be a full time starter. Either way neither him or Flutie were good enough to get us past the first game of the playoffs but at least RJ left the field with us ahead of the Titans which you can't say about Flutie in his 0-2 NFL playoffs record (he lost with the 1986 Bears too with one of the leagues best defenses that season).

Rob Johnson couldn't be a full time starter because he sucked. He was outplayed by Flutie all 3 years they were both here together. And your post about how we couldn't beat the Rams because of 16 points. If you remember correctly the Rams vs Titans Super Bowl was 16-16 in the 4th quarter before Warner hit Isaac Bruce for the ling TD. The Rams only scored 23 points. We had the number 1 defense in the league. It was better than the Titans. If they could hold them to 16 until the last quarter and 23 points total, I'm not sure why we couldn't do the same

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They were both aweful. Picking the starter was Sophie’s choice 

If you want to say Flutie was mediocre which I would still say is slightly wrong, then yes, I will agree with you. No person in their right mind would ever say that Flutie was awful. He was the last QB to take us to the playoffs for nearly 20 years

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Rob Johnson couldn't be a full time starter because he sucked. He was outplayed by Flutie all 3 years they were both here together. And your post about how we couldn't beat the Rams because of 16 points. If you remember correctly the Rams vs Titans Super Bowl was 16-16 in the 4th quarter before Warner hit Isaac Bruce for the ling TD. The Rams only scored 23 points. We had the number 1 defense in the league. It was better than the Titans. If they could hold them to 16 until the last quarter and 23 points total, I'm not sure why we couldn't do the same

If you want to say Flutie was mediocre which I would still say is slightly wrong, then yes, I will agree with you. No person in their right mind would ever say that Flutie was awful. He was the last QB to take us to the playoffs for nearly 20 years

Maybe because the Rams had the 4th best defense with regard to points against and Flutie was a turnover machine whereas McNair didn't make any in that Super Bowl and our running game didn't have anything close to Eddie George. I don't think we would have won it if somehow RJ were to play in this hypothetical game either for what it's worth.

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe because the Rams had the 4th best defense with regard to points against and Flutie was a turnover machine whereas McNair didn't make any in that Super Bowl and our running game didn't have anything close to Eddie George. I don't think we would have won it if somehow RJ were to play in this hypothetical game either for what it's worth.

Flutie was a turnover machine? He had a couple games where he threw multiple picks but you make it sound like he was turning the ball over all over the field. He threw 16 INTs. Tons of QBs today throw that like it's nothing. I don't know how you could have watched what he did in 98 and even the 5 games he started in 2000 where he went 4-1 as a starter and say that he wasn't very good. He was the last QB to take us to the playoffs back to back years before no other QB could do it for nearly 20 years. He didn't have a great season in 99 but without him, we don't get to the playoffs that year

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Flutie was a turnover machine? He had a couple games where he threw multiple picks but you make it sound like he was turning the ball over all over the field. He threw 16 INTs. Tons of QBs today throw that like it's nothing. I don't know how you could have watched what he did in 98 and even the 5 games he started in 2000 where he went 4-1 as a starter and say that he wasn't very good. He was the last QB to take us to the playoffs back to back years before no other QB could do it for nearly 20 years. He didn't have a great season in 99 but without him, we don't get to the playoffs that year

A couple? I counted six. He wasn't the same player in 1999 as he was 1998. He a grand total of 20 TDs in 1999. It's ironic but you know what 1999 also was? The last season of Bruce, Andre and Thurman but yeah I give credit to an average QB leading us to the playoffs not three HOFers and top defense of the year. Sorry I can't see what you're seeing.

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Quarterbacked the team to 5 turnovers in a playoff game against our biggest rival.   

It happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1