LOS is soft because of coaching

uticaclub

Through six games, the Bills seemed to more than hold their own at the LOS.  They had one game where they struggled on both offense and defense.  I do think on defense there is room to add some beef at some point, but I think the problem versus Philly was mostly execution.  I don't know why they got sloppy and careless, but they did.  That's where McDermott needs to focus his effort.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

For the third year in a row, I feel like we lose the battle on the line of scrimmage way too often. Does anyone else think this is a reflection on the coach's demeanor? Clapping Jauron seems very laid back and wanting players to love each other. The last coach was an ####### that ran his mouth too much, but they seemed to never lose physical battles as much. 

But it's a military based love for each other! Brothers in war type thing. 

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Humans...

we remain a disappointment to the Gods.

so we're kinda screwed.

especially BillsFans

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Through six games, the Bills seemed to more than hold their own at the LOS.  They had one game where they struggled on both offense and defense.  I do think on defense there is room to add some beef at some point, but I think the problem versus Philly was mostly execution.  I don't know why they got sloppy and careless, but they did.  That's where McDermott needs to focus his effort.

everybit of this

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

I discovered perogies way too late in life.  I could have been eating these so much earlier and it really makes me mad. 

This is a great point
and yet if you had never discovered them ? you would not have that joy, and gone blissfully along in life.
and now you have found joy!

you are pissed.

this is much deeper than a quick  glance reveals.

LOS is pretty f'g good compared to decades of getting our QBs killed and or traumatized while getting killed

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Dolphins exposed big problems with the defensive line. Eagles exploited those flaws ruthlessly.  We will see if other teams are better at exploiting the problems or if the Bills are better at fixing them.  This is a real thing. 

that is true. and why each week is a new game.
Teams watch tape, go after perceived weakness.

Weakness exposed, coaches watch tape and try to fix said weakness

etc

6 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

If you are speaking of the Defensive line, I think the talent level may be less than what we were told it would be.

Star doesn't seem to be the space eater he was touted to be.

The jury is still out on Oliver (being a rookie & all), but he seems to be too small to hold his own.

I just don't see Murphy being a force either, and he is overpriced for what he produces. We may be smart to extend Shaq Lawson.

Just more players that were overrated.  This franchise seems to do it too frequently.

It’s only been 7 games but so far this rookie class hasn’t been very productive.  Granted, Singletary was injured and doesn’t get the ball enough but overall they haven’t shown much.

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

that is true. and why each week is a new game.
Teams watch tape, go after perceived weakness.

Weakness exposed, coaches watch tape and try to fix said weakness

etc

This is exactly right.  Look at tonight's Thursday night game - the 49ers gave up much more than they have been.  

It's a week by week situation in the NFL and the fact is we've played really good defense 6 out of 7 weeks.  

11 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

If you are speaking of the Defensive line, I think the talent level may be less than what we were told it would be.

Star doesn't seem to be the space eater he was touted to be.

The jury is still out on Oliver (being a rookie & all), but he seems to be too small to hold his own.

I just don't see Murphy being a force either, and he is overpriced for what he produces. We may be smart to extend Shaq Lawson.

Coaches video are showing that Star is playing the best on the DL   I think people need to stop harassing him. He is doing his job. 

We have zero pass rush at this time...that is hurting us a lot.    The LBs have been poor against the Run the last three weeks and have been exploited.   This Bills team still has holes and weakness to address.  We are not yet there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, uticaclub said:

For the third year in a row, I feel like we lose the battle on the line of scrimmage way too often. Does anyone else think this is a reflection on the coach's demeanor? Clapping Jauron seems very laid back and wanting players to love each other. The last coach was an ####### that ran his mouth too much, but they seemed to never lose physical battles as much. 

Seriously? Could this be due to Marcel Dareus going out in pass coverage, or standing still while waving his hands and jumping up and down like a 350 pound penguin?

Rex said that the Bills would be "bullies." Instead their defensive scheme was a disgraceful joke.

18 hours ago, uticaclub said:

so you’re saying it’s the clapping?  Clapping coach correlates to soft lines?

LOS struggles for lack of talent. I don't think the coaching is holding them back on either side of the ball. The right side of the OL is below average and the c-LT is average. Our DT's are below average overall and our DE's are average. We're fortunate that our defense has played as well as it has to this point.

The insulting nickname "Clapping Jauron" is flat out stupid. Jauron was a terrible HC. McDermott's success has yet to be determined, but he's done way better than I would have expected with the continuing lack of talent.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I think you've been playing with Dooley, Schultzy, and Officer Sudz too much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I rewatch the Bills game at least 6 times on Sunday ticket. It seems like the Bills play a gap control type pass rush. They don’t blitz that much and the front four are very good with gap responsibility. 

You have to give props to the Eagles O-Line who played a amazing game. I thought they would have a poor showing with all the injuries but they stepped up on game day.  

Hughes is still good but it looks like he is playing slightly slower this year.

23 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Our Line did it job against the run, Milano and and Edmunds are very good in coverage and In persuit but when being ran straight at them they're not so great, Philly exposed it.. hopefully we can get it fixed.

On 10/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, uticaclub said:

16 hours ago, GreggTX said:

LOS struggles for lack of talent. I don't think the coaching is holding them back on either side of the ball. The right side of the OL is below average and the c-LT is average. Our DT's are below average overall and our DE's are average. We're fortunate that our defense has played as well as it has to this point.

The insulting nickname "Clapping Jauron" is flat out stupid. Jauron was a terrible HC. McDermott's success has yet to be determined, but he's done way better than I would have expected with the continuing lack of talent.

McDermott has been very good at maximizing the average talent of some of his players. Upgrades in the coming year are needed and very obvious.