Pats release TE Ben Watson

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's certainly well rested. Not long ago Pats fans were crowing about their big get in Watson to fill the Gronk void.

At his age, he’s probably napping twice a day. A bit like @plenzmd1 in Nashville. 

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He was on a great tightends round table on NFL Network the other day with Gonzales, Winslow, Sharpe, and Gates.  I couldn’t believe he was invited to that HOF table.  His career stats are about half of what the worst of the other four are.  

The perk of being a Patriot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want stories.

He called it “napping”, which I thought might have been a generous term.

What happens in Nashville stays in Nashville. Not because it’s like the Vegas policy, but because I was overserved to the point of a faulty memory. At least Plenz took his naps in private. And that’s all I have to say about that.

I ran up quite the Uber tally, I must say. The damn emails tell me that.  I need a few days before I check my receipts on food and drinks (NOT in that order).I took a friend of our sons who lives in Nashville. He texted my wife thanking her, but he did not have to come clean on 5 beers by 9:00am at The Grand Plenz Airbnb and his first quarter hang over! 

My sincere apologies to anyone I might have offended. But it was a hell of a time!!! “No Regerts!”  (I have not checked for tattoos yet, but I hope that would NOT be my first!) 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

He called it “napping”, which I thought might have been a generous term.

What happens in Nashville stays in Nashville. Not because it’s like the Vegas policy, but because I was overserved to the point of a faulty memory. At least Plenz took his naps in private. And that’s all I have to say about that.

I ran up quite the Uber tally, I must say. The damn emails tell me that.  I need a few days before I check my receipts on food and drinks (NOT in that order).I took a friend of our sons who lives in Nashville. He texted my wife thanking her, but he did not have to come clean on 5 beers by 9:00am at The Grand Plenz Airbnb and his first quarter hang over! 

My sincere apologies to anyone I might have offended. But it was a hell of a time!!! “No Regerts!”  (I have not checked for tattoos yet, but I hope that would NOT be my first!) 

I like people who take “YOLO” literally. Well done!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No no no. It only looks that way to mere mortals like us. This is 12-D Chess.

In all seriousness, I won't be surprised if Gronk returns after week 8, and if that's the case, that might be playing a role in this. I have every expectation that they'll be 8-0 by then given their upcoming schedule (NYG at home, NYJ in NY, and Cleveland at home). 

The five games after that: Ravens on the road, Eagles on the road, Cowboys at home, Texans on the road, Chiefs at home.  That's a brutal five-game stretch.

The final three are Bengals on the road, Bills at home, and Miami at home. All are probably fairly easy victories, so the worst they'll likely be is 11-5. It's more likely, however, that they'll end up at around 13-3 with the number one seed. 

Edited by dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In all seriousness, I won't be surprised if Gronk returns after week 8, and if that's the case, that might be playing a role in this. I have every expectation that they'll be 8-0 by then given their upcoming schedule (NYG at home, NYJ in NY, and Cleveland at home). 

I don't expect Gronk back with his cannabis oil endorsements and all that. I can see them trading for a guy like Kyle Rudolph though. 

Is it feasible to think that the Patriots* did this simply to keep other teams from signing him?

With him being suspended, anyway, I'm not sure what they'd gain from doing that.  But there has to be a method to this madness.

During suspension, is a player allowed to look at playbooks?

Edited by Gugny

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is it feasible to think that the Patriots* did this simply to keep other teams from signing him?

With him being suspended, anyway, I'm not sure what they'd gain from doing that.  But there has to be a method to this madness.

During suspension, is a player allowed to look at playbooks?

BB said they couldn't find anyone to release to create a roster spot. They feel their team is great as is and doesnt need to be tinkered with.