Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

Belicheck has the hubris for micro managing players at this stage of his career, and he is probably salivating right now. He will just employ reverse psychology on Brown to get what he wants. Just do things our way and it will be fun!

Edited by Rocket94

I can’t take this one lightly or casually.  If AB and Gordon steer clear of trouble, that’s a ridiculously good offense.

DCs around the league are sleeping less well tonight.  I thought the Pats might taper off a bit this year, but this could be better than their 2007 team.

Talk me down, Bills fans.  I need a silver lining here.  

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I can’t take this one lightly or casually.  If AB and Gordon steer clear of trouble, that’s a ridiculously good offense.

DCs around the league are sleeping less well tonight.  I thought the Pats might taper off a bit this year, but this could be better than their 2007 team.

Not gonna happen.    Brady to Brown is a nightmare for the league.       Cornerbacks souls will be eaten.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, Success said:

You can discount Brown and Gordon completely. The Patriots season will live or die by Brady. If he finally hits than cliff then it doesn’t matter if he has Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens out there. Barring Brady falling off the cliff, this was always their division to win anyways. The Bills were, and still are, competing for a wild card spot. 

5 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

You can discount Brown and Gordon completely. The Patriots season will live or die by Brady. If he finally hits than cliff then it doesn’t matter if he has Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens out there. Barring Brady falling off the cliff, this was always their division to win anyways. The Bills were, and still are, competing for a wild card spot. 

It may actually help the Bills if the Pats are able to sweep the AFC North and beat the Texans/Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

It may actually help the Bills if the Pats are able to sweep the AFC North and beat the Texans/Chiefs.

Kind of my thoughts initially. It probably would be worse if Brown went to a team on a level field as the Bills, like the Jets perhaps. Far better for the rich to get richer in this case, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers had Brown Bell and Juju with very good TE and a top 3 OL for a while

They didn't win

Just because he went to NE doesn't mean squat. If they try to pass all the time Brady is going to take a ton of hits and won't make it through the season

Last year he barely made it so they became ground and pound. AB might tempt them to try to keep passing. In that case, Brady is going to take a beating.

• Haha (+1) 1

So we just give up and roll over now?

How many SB rings did AB win when he was surrounded by equal talent in Pittsburgh?

Thomas is a shell of himself. They have no TE. Their OL is just ok. Last year Brady took a lot of hits and played half the season with a significant knee injury.

People are acting like they are suddenly invincible.

Brady is 42. Last year he got hurt pretty significantly and they started running to protect him.

I'm all for them passing every down. They will look scary for a while but fatigue and hits add up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gingerbread said:

Lets be happy he didn't go to another afc team. 

Patriots were the favorites before this. 

Stay positive Bills fans! 

Yeah, like the Bills! I would rather have him on the pats. I think this goes bad. 

5 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I’ve lost my motherfreaking marbles

Smelling like a brewery

Jewelling at the way your jewelry sparkles

Smoking chocolate thai

You all can die

Just for giving an awkward eye

Hall passes for restrooms

Chewing mushrooms

Doing rush fumes in the lunch room

Looking nervous

Liquor in my thermos

everybody wants to be a rapper :lol:

5 hours ago, One Buffalo said:
Unbelievable...  ? ?

team of Hooligans

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

How many SB rings did AB win when he was surrounded by equal talent in Pittsburgh?

Thomas is a shell of himself. They have no TE. Their OL is just ok. Last year Brady took a lot of hits and played half the season with a significant knee injury.

Brady is 42. Last year he got hurt pretty significantly and they started running to protect him.

I'm all for them passing every down. They will look scary for a while but fatigue and hits add up.

Lmao.  You forgot who won the sb last year this quickly ? 

The best qb and best wr are gonna feast on the league      They are the favorites to win the sb now in Vegas.  

1 hour ago, Success said:

AB....Gordon....Edelman....Thomas.....White....Michel....Burkhead......looks scary for sure...but Thomas is really old....and who knows about Gordon.......Edelman is getting long in the tooth.....Brady is 42......that's all I got my friend......

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

There’s a huge difference between Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin. Hell, there’s a huge difference between Josh McDaniels and Todd Haley.

Those Steelers teams were underachievers and a lot of that is on coaching IMO. They had great teams.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

AB....Gordon....Edelman....Thomas.....White....Michel....Burkhead......looks scary for sure...but Thomas is really old....and who knows about Gordon.......Edelman is getting long in the tooth.....Brady is 42......that's all I got my friend......l

You forgot Brady pees sitting down 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Losing $21m is booming business? OK then. 

He just got 60% of his pay for this year up front and can still earn the rest and then becomes an unrestricted free agent.

if healthy and engaged he will have lost a good bit less than that 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He just got 60% of his pay for this year up front and can still earn the rest and then becomes an unrestricted free agent.

if healthy and engaged he will have lost a good bit less than that 

Unless he has a major injury. Which is the excuse they use for holding out to get a new long term contract, when they are still under contract. 

Edited by thebug

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

I'm gonna go on record here as believing this signing is being blown out of proportion. I think Antonio Brown is going to be either a major pain in the ass, or not as effective as people seem to be expecting...or both.

So 110 catches and 10 TD’s it is ? 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Steelers had Brown Bell and Juju with very good TE and a top 3 OL for a while

They didn't win

Just because he went to NE doesn't mean squat. If they try to pass all the time Brady is going to take a ton of hits and won't make it through the season

Last year he barely made it so they became ground and pound. AB might tempt them to try to keep passing. In that case, Brady is going to take a beating.

Just because the best WR went to play for the best team whose weakness was WR doesn’t mean squat??   Crack is whack. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

From.your lips to God's ears. Only saving grace is that the Pat's center is out, I'm hoping William's or Oliver can get.in bradys face quick and painful

I was hoping Brady would have Bodine being pushed back into his lap but they had to send the Turk after him

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I guess we can all hope that Brown's frost bitten feet are worse than we thought. Also, let's hope the Pats have lots of cryo chambers in their facility.

And not enough protective shoes

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-former-current-teammates-reveal-how-situation-with-steelers-has-been-brewing-for-years/

This ***** isn't going to work with Belichick and Brady, or the rest of the team for that matter. It completely flies in the face of "The Patriot Way". Belichick has the hubris to believe he can change any player, but I don't believe it will work this time. There is already tension between Brady and Belichick....three's a crowd.

Edited by OJ Tom

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Have you ever played football? Threats happen every single snap and Every locker room.

Calm the * down! Your attempt to hijack this potent thread speaks volumes to your AB ADHD. Newsflash: You’re not the only one with a view to express.

Double your meds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2