Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do you insist on comparing the Bills to the Pats?  I love this team and hate the Pats, but we’re in different leagues right now.  When you win 6 SBs, players buy into your culture more and you get the benefit of the doubt.  BB has made a ton of bad moves but they always end up winning in the end.  The Bills don’t have that luxury yet.  

For thr record, I don’t think Beane is a dumb guy.  I think he is dumb for pursuing this idiot in the first place.  Besides the Raiders, a dumb team, I missed all the other teams reported to be close to a trade for Brown.  Whatever, we dodged a nuke but we wanted that nuke in the first place. 

Right, so if Beane is dumb for pursuing AB, what would that make BB for actually signing him? Simple question.

No larger comparison to the Patriots at all; just a comparison between two GMs pursuing the same player. It’s intellectually dishonest to conflate a single comparative element with the entirety of both franchises. 

What a head case. So glad we didn't end up with this drama wrecking our season start.......  My Top 5 fits:  1) 49ers - stays in Cali and its a program on the rise  2) Indy -boatload of money and a decent line so might be a good match. My guess is AB would turn down their offer though.  3) Cards-  Warm Weather and a Pass happy offense  4) Pats-Let Brady go out with a bang but I just don't think Belicheat will want to deal with the noise   5) Packers - if they can deal with Rodgers giant ego, they can deal with AB. I just doubt he will move to the frozen tundra

Edited by Locomark

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t get this thought process at all?

So the premise is that AB wanted to be on a good team like NE.  So he acted nuts in Pittsburgh for 2 plus years to get a big extension there (a winning franchise with a HOF QB and an African American head coach) to force his way out via trade to a team like the Raiders - so he could be free to sign in NE?

Then he has forethought to plan to force whatever team he is traded to to write him a big contract extension with lots of guaranteed money - just so that he can act insane to get that contract voided so that he can then sign a minimum/low level contract with what ever team he wanted.

That is AB level of crazy in a theory because if he wanted to go wherever he wanted - he could of not signed the original Pittsburgh contract and forced himself to be a FA as they already had Bell on the franchise tag.

Now how about we truly look at this logically.  AB has been all about the money for years.  He is/was a great player, but he wanted to be paid like the best and have that money guaranteed.  Pittsburgh gave him a fair contract and he took it just before the WR market exploded and suddenly the contract there was not good enough.  The erratic behavior got worse as he felt undervalued.  Finally last season it came to a head after getting into Tomlin’s dog house and he disappeared the last week with a chance to make the playoffs and after the fines and comments wanted out of Pittsburgh.

Several teams inquire, but when it becomes known he wants a big extension with upfront money - most teams including the Bills back off.  The Raiders eventually work out a deal with huge money and guarantees and AB seems content.  The Raiders give him a ton of freedom and back him in the cryogenic foot issue and the helmet issue.  After those are decided- the GM comments he needs to come back, but AB skips additional practices and a walk through (similar to Pittsburgh). The Raiders fine him and he explodes and then goes after the GM. 

Here is is where I think your theory falls apart.  If he really wanted to be gone - why would he apologize- he would have doubled down and he would have been suspended and cut anyway.  Why did he apologize- because the real driving force is and was the guaranteed money!!!!!  When he learned that he could lose that - he immediately came crawling back with a tear filled team apology.  Everything was great - except the team informed them personally and via a formal letter he was being fined and the wording “could” void his guarantees.  

The potential loss of the money then precipitates the bizarre video call with Gruden and the release me statement.

Now he is free to sign, but who is going to pay him 30+ million in bonuses and 1 million per game.  I think everyone saying he will be back is probably wrong - it is not a team he wants - it money and respect and I can not see him taking a 5-6 million dollar prove it deal with no guarantees - even from NE.  He is looking for 16+ million and now with the Julio Jones signing he will expect even more.  I think he is done until he decides to play for less and see what happens.

That is my opinion, but it seems to make sense with his behavior much more than he wanted to be in NE from the beginning.

It's just a wild-ass theory from those who refuse to believe/accept that AB is crazy.  There's a special file for it...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Right, so if Beane is dumb for pursuing AB, what would that make BB for actually signing him? Simple question.

No larger comparison to the Patriots at all; just a comparison between two GMs pursuing the same player. It’s intellectually dishonest to conflate a single comparative element with the entirety of both franchises. 

He has Belichick and Brady.  It’s a different world.  AB would have lost his mind the first time Allen overthrown him (if he wanted to go to Buffalo in the first place).

NE is a completely different animal.  They have the wins and the qb.  They don’t need you.  Bad or average teams needed AB.  That’s a bad mix. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My gut tells me the Pats make an inquiry and only sign him to a one year deal with no guarantees.  If he doesn't take it then it won't happen.  Pats culture is a lot like the Steelers who were able to keep him as grounded mentally as possible for eight seasons.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We’ve been over it bro.  If AB wanted to here, he’d be here a nice salary.  Agree to disagree.  This is the same regime that traded two picks for KB after seeing what a fatty he was on Carolina.  They make mistakes.  And lucky, because AB didn’t want to come here, they avoided another on.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/26/antonio-brown-buffalo-bills-trade-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-boomin-experience-podcast/

”Brown clearly didn’t think the Bills, with quarterback Josh Allen, were a good enough team for him to consider.

Rosenhaus tells Brown on the audio of the phone call: “Like when the Bills called me today, and they said if we make the trade what are you guys looking for? And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

“Yeah, don’t even waste time,” Brown replied.

“I really want you to have a good quarterback and to be in a ... winning environment, man,” Rosenhaus tells his client. “New England and Philadelphia, these are two of the last Super Bowl champs, you know?

“I wouldn’t rule Oakland out, but I don’t want to get your hopes up,” Rosenhaus said. “We want to make sure we go to a team we want to play for.””

Well clearly part of that phone call has already been proven to be false.

But seriously the only people in that recording are AB and his agent they could of easily staged it which with this latest video he put out seems like something he'd totally do.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We’ve been over it bro.  If AB wanted to here, he’d be here a nice salary.  Agree to disagree.  This is the same regime that traded two picks for KB after seeing what a fatty he was on Carolina.  They make mistakes.  And lucky, because AB didn’t want to come here, they avoided another on.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/26/antonio-brown-buffalo-bills-trade-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-boomin-experience-podcast/

”Brown clearly didn’t think the Bills, with quarterback Josh Allen, were a good enough team for him to consider.

Rosenhaus tells Brown on the audio of the phone call: “Like when the Bills called me today, and they said if we make the trade what are you guys looking for? And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

“Yeah, don’t even waste time,” Brown replied.

“I really want you to have a good quarterback and to be in a ... winning environment, man,” Rosenhaus tells his client. “New England and Philadelphia, these are two of the last Super Bowl champs, you know?

“I wouldn’t rule Oakland out, but I don’t want to get your hopes up,” Rosenhaus said. “We want to make sure we go to a team we want to play for.””

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Muhammed denied that, but don't let reality get in the way of some quality virtue signalling.

Donald Sterling says hi.

Ya I'm sure it didn't happen when multiple players there said it happened and almost caused a fistfight and Collin's agent went out and said that it happened.  But okay buckaroo.  Don't let your reality get in the way with actual reality

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has Belichick and Brady.  It’s a different world.  AB would have lost his mind the first time Allen overthrown him (if he wanted to go to Buffalo in the first place).

NE is a completely different animal.  They have the wins and the qb.  They don’t need you.  Bad or average teams needed AB.  That’s a bad mix. 

So then Belichick would be smart to pursue AB while Beane and any other GM that did are stupid for doing the exact same thing? Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

So then Belichick would be smart to pursue AB while Beane and any other GM that did are stupid for doing the exact same thing? Got it.

Yes because look at the bangup job Belicheat has done with Josh Gordon.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Blelichick can literally do now wrong, to some. It’s funny because he has made mistakes. 

Of course he’s made mistakes but people act as if his record of success makes him immune to them, somehow. But if he doesn’t get a whiff of criticism for making the exact mistake others made and get ripped for, it’s hypocritical.

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My gut tells me the Pats make an inquiry and only sign him to a one year deal with no guarantees.  If he doesn't take it then it won't happen.  Pats culture is a lot like the Steelers who were able to keep him as grounded mentally as possible for eight seasons.

That is how the Pats generally operate isn't it? Bring him in on a one year prove it basis, with the option to cut him loose.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes.  Teams that consistently win, especially arguably the best dynasty in nfl history with arguably the best coach and qb ever, get more benefit of the doubt than the Bills or Raiders.  I mean this seems pretty obvious.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes.  Teams that consistently win, especially arguably the best dynasty in nfl history with arguably the best coach and qb ever, get more benefit of the doubt than the Bills or Raiders.  I mean this seems pretty obvious.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

yep same mentality can be used when reading about power polls.. What have you done for me lately ?

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

The only thing obvious is the hypocrisy of a position that allows for two completely different judgments for the EXACT same action. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

So the next team that Signs AB is actually Bill Murray picking up the "dookie" at the bottom of the pool sniffing it, taking a bite and saying "Its no big deal"

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1