Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

The change in AB's personality from the way he was coming out of college to how he is today makes me think one explanation could be brain injury.

Except he was like this in Pittsburgh for a long time. 

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's interesting.  Gruden's looked like a train wreck since he got there. When he was a broadcaster I thought he was entertaining but that his coaching career was hyped all out of proportion with reality. He deserves credit for the Super Bowl win, but no one ever called Mike Ditka a great coach, and he won a Super Bowl, too.  

All in a great, bizarre tradition known as the Davis family Raiders.  

I agree Shaw. He may or not be a good coach, but he has no business running a team. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but a small list since he returned to the Raiders:

1.) Traded arguably the most dynamic defensive player in the league to get them picks & clear up cap space to rebuild the roster.  -This is the dumbest move he made since returning...you start the rebuild with Mack as your centerpiece.

2.) Trading Cooper to Dallas for what was going to be a late 1st round pick. - Again keep a few of your good players to help the rebuild. It's not Cooper's fault he plays for the Raiders. With the Raiders 6 games, 22 rec. 280 yards 1 TD. With Dallas 10 games, 53 rec. 725 yards 6 TDs. Average per game with the Raiders - 3.6/46.6/.16, with Dallas - 5.3/72.5/.66

3.) Signing Nathan Peterman - I mean I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but everyone knows who Peterman the QB is. He'll impress the hell out of you in camp & pre-season, but once it's real...he's a CB's best friend. 

4.) Traded for Antonio Brown and redoing his contract to give him more money - I thought he didn't have money to spend on a big contract? Just a year later he signs AB in what would become the biggest tire fire I've ever seen in the NFL and they haven't even got to game 1 yet.? 

5.) Drafting Clelin Ferrell with the 4th pick in the draft. - Good player, but not at 4th overall. They could've had Josh Allen, who most people say is the best passer rusher in the draft. The man is a beast. They then could've used their 24th pick and an additional pick to move up into the teens and still got Ferrell.

6.) Caving over and over again to AB, even to the point that with all he did he wasn't released until AB asked for it. - Gruden comes across as spineless, even taking AB's side over Mayock's. It was rumored he was already close to losing the locker room last year after the Mack trade, this will probably add more fuel for the fire with some players.

Gruden has shown over and over again why he shouldn't run a team. He had a decent/good core to build around with Mack, Cooper & Carr. Blew it up and probably kept the worst of the three. They're so much further away from just being respectable than they were when he arrived. As I said yesterday Gruden couldn't win a coin flip if you gave him a hundred tries. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

The change in AB's personality from the way he was coming out of college to how he is today makes me think one explanation could be brain injury.

The behavior he's demonstrated seems like some sort of personality disorder.  

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've been thinking more about the Antonio Brown saga than the Bills facing the Jets week 1. What kind of crazy, messed up world are we in?!

Now during commercial breaks, we will be checking for Brown status updates!

AB is either batsh#t crazy, or crazy like a fox .(or both )

clearly he wanted nothing to do with Oakland and his behavior was designed to make the Raiders regret signing him...but why? I'm guessing he wanted to play on a contender and that's NOT Oakland.

IF New England gets in the mix then you can be pretty  sure there's been a back channel discussion with AB.?

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm impressed that he was smart enough not to give AB a big signing bonus in his contract and have the guaranteed salary not vest until he played a game.  Made it easy and cheap to cut him.  Mayock protected his employer from that risk.  He also was very patient during the helmet thing.  He also got to a point where he expected AB to put aside the distractions and get to work.  I'm very impressed. 

I will add that this was somewhat of a low risk deal as well that he tried to pull off but to my original point you have to be consistently professional and say your piece behind closed doors. 

What other GM's have you seen do that on camera? Not as impressed.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That Steelers GM drafted him in the 6th round.  Then, when he had to chose whether to pay Mike Wallace or save the money for Brow, he let Wallace walk an re-signed AB.  AB was the best WR in the NFL during the length of the contract and the next.  When AB got to be too much at the end of last season, that GM put him on the market,

Mayock, knowing the freak show he was bidding for, put on display of total lack of control and embarrassment.

Your response was typically poorly thought out and clumsily expressed.

Your never ending fetish for Kraft remains your strength, so you've still go that going for you...

I could of sworn you were in that old AB thread saying how all this offseason crap would become completely irrelevant when the season started and he'd light it up for the Raiders.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or...they respect him as a coach.  Do you think anyone on that Raiders has a lot of respect for Mayock in that position?  I'm sure they view him as a lightweight.  I bet a lot of the Raiders right now think Mayock totally blew this whole situation and now AB, their only offensive weapon (and hope) is gone.

Good old WEO logic.  With Belichick, players respect him as a coach, but AB went crazy because he couldn't respect Mayock as a GM.  It's not at all on your boy Gruden now, is it?

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Gonna be funny when DR sues AB for theft of services.

Yeah but AB won't pay.

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Have him arrested for taping the phone conversation with Gruden.

I think that Gruden would have to agree to that.  When he was still a Raider, I didn't think he would.  Now...

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

AB makes Chad Johnson and T.O. look like choir boys.

What a friggin headcase and meltdown. Props to the Steelers for dealing with this idiot for so long. 

If he never plays a snap again will he make the HOF?

Even bigger props to the Raiders for pulling the trigger on the cut. Brown fails to realize that his behavior in all this will damage his chances of getting signed anywhere, let alone a lucrative contract 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The behavior he's demonstrated seems like some sort of personality disorder.  

Have a look at Ryan Leaf's tweet from yesterday I think.  He said AB doesn't want to play football anymore.  Leaf knows because he went through the same thing and acted in the same manner.  That's his take on this at least.

It may be that, it may be more general personality disorder, hits to the head may be involved too.

But AB is clearly not thinking clearly these days.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could of sworn you were in that old AB thread saying how all this offseason crap would become completely irrelevant when the season started and he'd light it up for the Raiders.

I said in November these threads might disappear.  The assumption is that once he started playing....

Just now, Doc said:

Good old WEO logic.  With Belichick, players respect him as a coach, but AB went crazy because he couldn't respect Mayock as a GM.  It's not at all on your boy Gruden now, is it?

Yeah but AB won't pay.

I think that Gruden would have to agree to that.  When he was still a Raider, I didn't think he would.  Now...

He will just have to get in line behind AB’s trainer and chef.

3 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

clearly he wanted nothing to do with Oakland and his behavior was designed to make the Raiders regret signing him...but why? I'm guessing he wanted to play on a contender and that's NOT Oakland.

IF New England gets in the mix then you can be pretty  sure there's been a back channel discussion with AB.?

There's a secret code between NFL owners. I have a feeling he never plays again like Kap in this league.

2 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

He's crazy.  He just cost himself $30M, which he will never see again.  If any team does sign him, it will likely be after week 1 so that they can pay him on a per-game basis.  And not for $1M/game like he was making.

And why did he want nothing to do with Oakland after agreeing to be traded there?  The guy is just crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

It may be New England. Belicheck is good at neutralizing troubled players.

Ab and JOsh gordon.....a match made in heaven.....troubled souls for sure.  Good luck to the Pats  (NOT)

Edited by bigK14094
MIss spelling