Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I bet we can get Bodine from the Patriots.

Only if we throw in row 33 ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hapless sez:

Update as of 5 pm per Joe B summary:

" Cuts so far: WR Nick Easley, WR Victor Bolden, TE Keith Towbridge, OL Demetrius Rhaney (NYUp.com), DT LT Walton, DT Roderick Young, CB Denzel Rice, S Abraham Wallace
Traded: C Russell Bodine to New England, G Wyatt Teller to Cleveland
Released with Injury Settlement: OL De'Ondre Wesley
Injured Reserve: DE Mike Love "

79 players still on the roster.  Really busy day tomorrow at OBD.  I expected more cut notifications today.  Makes me think Beane may be trying to work another trade or two.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Ernie D or Smith would be seeet, but there’s just something about how McAdoo rolls off the tongue.

This is my son's McAdoo jersey

image.png.d029779466448811565de635b1caaa0b.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Because we were about to release him and they would have had him for free? I am willing to guess there were not a lot of suitors out there for Bodine. 

They(Patsies) have the last choice in waiver priority.

If you want the player you need to trade a late round pick or let him clear 30 other teams.

Good for Beane  getting something for nothing.

He probably can't remember the play book anyway so he won't help the cheats much ;)

14 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Would their fans even notice......????  In all seriousness, hoping friends and family in South Florida stay safe and smart during the next few days.  Dorian is becoming a real threat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

He probably can't remember the play book anyway so he won't help the cheats much ;)

What’s to remember? He only knew two plays, the one where he gets pushed backwards and the other one where he let’s people run past him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

My post does not read the way I intended.  I meant that Bodine was BAD in run blocking and letting him go to NE is not going to help them.

Edit:  I went back to my original post and clarified that.

Belechick just gets Buffalo players to grill them on the Bills playbook.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto, YOLO! Yes, them leaving STILL hurts, but these jerseys are Awesome! Trying to decide between MacAdoo, R. Smith or Kauffman custom job. Ernie No D?

McAdoo you mean, randy has passed away. 

not a Bills cut but former Bull Anthony Johnson was cut by TB

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. We’re in Hunker Down mode.. Thanks!

Where you at, SWFL here, last update made us here feel better. Irma was nasty, direct hit, the eye went right over us

17 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Aw hell no!  I want to like this, but my hatred for the Clippers runs deep.  Still not over the fact that my Braves were stolen.

My hatred for the loss of the braves will always be with John Y. Brown.  He's the one who shed the Braves of all of their great players so that he could  trade franchises with the owners of the Celtics, so that they could take the Braves to San Diego and he could own the Celtics.  Just a few short seasons later, that apparently got old and he sold the Celtics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBob said:

My hatred for the loss of the braves will always be with John Y. Brown.  He's the one who shed the Braves of all of their great players so that he could  trade franchises with the owners of the Celtics, so that they could take the Braves to San Diego and he could own the Celtics.  Just a few short seasons later, that apparently got old and he sold the Celtics.

Yes, that was an example of tanking back in the 70’s.  The Braves lease had a provision that they could get out of it if season ticket sales fell below a certain amount.  So, they traded McAdoo to the Knicks for John Gianelli, some old socks and cash.  The team stunk, people stopped attending and ‘Adios’.

• Like (+1) 1