Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

13 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Marv's "treat them like men" philosophy let the players stay out all night BEFORE the Super Bowls.  That was not very wise. That is what ticked me off about Marv as a HC.

For Pete’s sake, I honestly don’t understand how/why some people just need to complain and whine about anything and everything.

We all come to TSW because we’re all fans of what may be one of the most painfully unsuccessful sports franchises in history. 

Through all of those awful years, we really had only one golden era.  The Superbowl era.

So, instead of talking about those times nostalgically, you need to revise history and call the best coach in our franchise’s history, a crappy Head Coach?

That’s pretty sad if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 1

If cell phones, TMZ, Instagram, etc.. were as popular in the early 90's as it is today....  most us fans wouldn't think as fondly of those early 90's Bills teams.  Especially with what they Bills players may have been doing the week in Tampa before Super Bowl 25.  Would probably make the Giants on that boat with Justin Bieber look like Child's Play 

Edited by Another Fan

I like the red color rush unis for the bills.

I think the NFL scripts seasons to create storylines that are compelling for playoffs and the Super Bowl and influences this with coaching calls, Qb play, refs, etc.  I think they do this to water down or dumb down the drama of the NFL to the casual viewer that only is interested in fantasy football or idiots who think having a team brand clothing makes them look cool. 

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You can make a case for OJ being best Bill of all time. And conversely you can make an argument that Thurman was the better all around RB. Those are defensible positions. I think Bruce’s dominance and athleticism is on par with OJ and he is almost always in top 2 DE of all time with White. Many could make an argument OJ is not in top 5 RBs.  I put him fourth behind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton and just ahead of Emmitt Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson.  But others may have OJ behind Smith and Tomlinson. 

While Barry Sanders was making his 3rd cute move at the line of scrimmage, OJ was already a step past the linebacker.  Nobody ran as effortlessly.  He was like minimalist poetry.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They were protesting police brutality not the military or the flag, our idiot president successfully coopted the issue to fire up his (easily incited) base.

Since when was the national anthem a symbol for policemen 

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

It’s okay for the Colts fans to want season ticket refunds.  For starters, they are total asshats for booing Luck.  

all i can say is if this were our situation, my guts would have fell through my a$$. i can see it from both sides, but when your so stoked on the upcoming year and this happens, it's like a kick in the nads, so i can understand some drunk fans initial reaction. i'm disabled and live with brutal pain everyday, but i can't tap out, so maybe my opinion is jaded.

i think he should have stuck it out.  he could have taken the first few weeks off and then decided, "i don't need the money"......i respect the premise of his decision, i don't respect the timing....and he should absolutely give the money back to the team.

Edited by billsredneck1

My unpopular opinion is easy- Pegula screwed over both Rex and DW by pairing them up. Picking a coach who loves LBs and pairing him with a GM who spends all his money on DL was idiotic. You need a coach and GM who have the same overall philosophy. It is like pairing an Italian chef with Asian chef and being unhappy the result.

- Gorgonzola and Bacon Stuffed Burgers

- Going back to the current Bills uniforms

- Happy Hour

- The Internet

oh wait, you said my unpopular ideas!  Never mind, don’t have any of those...

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do. I don't think he sucks. He is just average and plays a position that it is not prudent to allocate big cap $$s to in my mind. And the Bills overpaid him. 

Lotulelei is def not average. He’s very good and imo he’s paid just fine.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That isn't what the tap showed last year. It showed a guy moveable in the run game and useless at penetrating into the backfield. 

Yep.  But most folks here will like him simply b/c he is on the team and they cannot distinguish between that which is and that which is what they want to be.

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd get rid of PATs totally. I'm fine with punting and FGs but PATs are not working to my mind. I'd just give people 7 points for a TD. If you really want to keep the 2 pointer option available then I'd have a 1 point try to get it into the endzone from the 2 yard line as you do now for a 2 pointer and a 2 point try you have to get it in from the 5 or something. 

I would make the the 20 yd line the 3 point line. 4 more points to get in the Endzone. 3 points if you want a two point conversion.

This would lead to more going for it on 4rth down and more scoring.

Would also eliminate the snapper, holder and kicker , which free up roster spots and money for more important players.

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd get rid of PATs totally. I'm fine with punting and FGs but PATs are not working to my mind. I'd just give people 7 points for a TD. If you really want to keep the 2 pointer option available then I'd have a 1 point try to get it into the endzone from the 2 yard line as you do now for a 2 pointer and a 2 point try you have to get it in from the 5 or something. 

I usually agree with your takes. But this I disagree with entirely!