Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

- Table smashing shenanigans are an embarrassment. Instead of diehard fandom being the thing Bills fans are primarily known for, it's lighting themselves on fire and jumping through tables.

- The fullback position still has value, and I'm glad the Bills are keeping Dimarco.

- Bills fans are, by and large, WAY too sensitive and over-protective of their team and region in general and their quarterback in paticular.

- I echo the sentiment of those who say that coaches like Tom Flores and especially Don Coryell are WAY more deserving of the Hall of Fame than Marv Levy.

- The Bills Super Bowl teams had more to do with a collection of great talent and an innovative offensive system than anything Levy did as a coach. Had the Bills had a better game day manager as a head coach, Buffalo would have won the Giants Super Bowl walking away.

- The new zoomed out camera angle that NBC used the other night is awesome.

- The Bills white-on-white away jerseys and throwback jerseys are the best in football.

• Like (+1) 5

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Table smashing shenanigans are an embarrassment. Instead of diehard fandom being the thing Bills fans are primarily known for, it's lighting themselves on fire and jumping through tables.

- The fullback position still has value, and I'm glad the Bills are keeping Dimarco.

- Bills fans are, by and large, WAY too sensitive and over-protective of their team and region in general and their quarterback in paticular.

- I echo the sentiment of those who say that coaches like Tom Flores and especially Don Coryell are WAY more deserving of the Hall of Fame than Marv Levy.

- The Bills Super Bowl teams had more to do with a collection of great talent and an innovative offensive system than anything Levy did as a coach. Had the Bills had a better game day manager as a head coach, Buffalo would have won the Giants Super Bowl walking away.

- The new zoomed out camera angle that NBC used the other night is awesome.

- The Bills white-on-white away jerseys and throwback jerseys are the best in football.

I agree with all except the last bullet point.  The blue tops and white pants are the best unis in football.

I think if we had a better game day Manager than Levy, we win 2 Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Well first of all their initial investment wasn't that large...the league started off paying its players peanuts and its popularity grew from the players who had to have jobs in the offseason to make ends meet. As the owners made more and more money, they worked hard to keep salaries low by refusing free agency until 1990...they have made a fortune and then some. They still don't have fully guaranteed contracts like almost all other sports do and can get out of bad deals much easier. Team values have skyrocketed from 25K to 2.5 Billion. That is a 100,000 time ROI(Return on Investment). Pretty sure a lot of stockbrokers would sell one of their testicles for that type of return. Lets get real...the players caused most of the ROI the owners have reaped.

So basically they made a bunch of money off other peoples backs without having to put up much money to buy a team and paid their players peanuts for a long long time. Count me as one who believes the players should ask for and take as much as they can. The owners have ripped the players off for many decades, its about time the tables turn.

I throw the bulls&*t flag on this one. The game is more popular today primarily due to better marketing. Players are not 100,000 times better than previous generations. This growth is entirely the product of how the league is run, TV contracts are negotiated and how it is marketed. Players have nothing to do with the growth. The product is roughly the same as it was 40 years ago. Granted the league is now pass-happy but that’s because the owners decided to focus the rules around that element of the game.

There is little question in my mind that if you took all the players from the 70’s and dropped them into today’s teams, the league would still make the scads of money they make today.

We should get someone who is a Bills fan in the national media to tell Brady he is being presented with a career achievement award and lure him out for a public ceremony even if he has to be paid. Bring the award out covered by a linen cloth of some kind. Let him give a little speech or whatever and then present him with the award. When the cloth gets pulled back it will be a trophy assembled from all the dildos thrown at him while playing at The Ralph. It will be frowned upon by many which is why it can be deemed "unpopular", but it would definitely be worth it. :thumbsup:

If the NFL was serious about making game day a true family experience, they'd get rid of beer sales.  They aren't....and they aren't.  

The "Bills Mafia" is a moronic name for a fan group.  

If you need alcohol to enjoy football, you have a drinking problem.

The NFL is beginning its fade part of the business cycle.  

The NFL would be better with less teams and a minor league system for not just players but officiating and front office to learn the ropes.

However, the NFL will survive so long as there are athletically gifted poor kids willing to risk their long term health for scholarships and paychecks.

Rex Ryan played a large part in ending the NFL careers of Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus.  

• Like (+1) 3

-Josh McDaniels will be the next great head coach. In fact, I'd rather have him over McDermott (and i like McDermott)

Much of Tom Brady's success should be attributed to him. He did have a weird falling out with the Broncos but he went to the playoffs and won a game with Tim Tebow. 

His game planning is unreal. He knows his offenses weaknesses and covers them significantly. 

There are plenty of coaches that got a second chance and turned out to be great. (BB, Pete Carroll, JDR unjustly fired, Kubiak, etc etc)

-Adam Gase is a better head coach than Bills fans want to believe. He was left talentless and injury ridden in Miami.

-The Bills do not need Frank Gore and he shouldn't be on this team.

-Star gets a lot of flack for some reason around here and i think he is a very good football player

Edited by warrior9

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If you need alcohol to enjoy football, you have a drinking problem.

Now hold on a second there buster!  

I've always told out of towners Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem!

9 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

-Josh McDaniels will be the next great head coach. In fact, I'd rather have him over McDermott (and i like McDermott)

Much of Tom Brady's success should be attributed to him. He did have a weird falling out with the Broncos but he went to the playoffs and won a game with Tim Tebow. 

His game planning is unreal. He knows his offenses weaknesses and covers them significantly. 

There are plenty of coaches that got a second chance and turned out to be great. (BB, Pete Carroll, JDR unjustly fired, Kubiak, etc etc)

-Adam Gase is a better head coach than Bills fans want to believe. He was left talentless and injury ridden in Miami.

-The Bills do not need Frank Gore and he shouldn't be on this team.

-Star gets a lot of flack for some reason around here and i think he is a very good football player

Josh McDaniels neither went to the playoffs, nor won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. He drafted tim Tebow. Then he got fired. Fox was the coach by the Tebow year. 

Gase sucks. 

Agree to an extent on Gore though still good to see him in the colours one of my favourite players in the league. 

Star is average and overpaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

After watching the Bernie Mac Film Mr. 3000 I want the Bills to sign Eric Moulds to a one week contract so that he can get 5 yards and get the 10000 mark. It will make amends for the one game suspension he got in 2005 for rightfully complaining about the staff and front office! 

Amen, brother!!