Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Love gameday. Love being in New Era. I’ve literally never had an issue conversing with somebody right beside me. That zonabb is apparently just a miserable human being.... And soccer????? LOL. Okaaayyy. 

I guess I was more reacting to TV coverage. NFL commentators and coverage is abysmal, and his descriptions of that style were dead on. Commentators in the EPL are fantastic, behave like adults, and generally add to the TV experience. In MLS you sometimes have this type of coverage, and other times have coverage based on the American model. The difference is staggering. 

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

I guess I was more reacting to TV coverage. NFL commentators and coverage is abysmal, and his descriptions of that style were dead on. Commentators in the EPL are fantastic, behave like adults, and generally add to the TV experience. In MLS you sometimes have this type of coverage, and other times have coverage based on the American model. The difference is staggering. 

Maybe they just sound smarter because they have british accents?  The Seattle Sounders radio and TV and PA announcers have british accents.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Maybe they just sound smarter because they have british accents?  The Seattle Sounders radio and TV and PA announcers have british accents.

It's what they're saying and the demeanor with which they're saying it and interacting with one another. There is a stark difference with our style of commentary, regardless of accent.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, Bad Things said:

For Pete’s sake, I honestly don’t understand how/why some people just need to complain and whine about anything and everything.

We all come to TSW because we’re all fans of what may be one of the most painfully unsuccessful sports franchises in history. 

Through all of those awful years, we really had only one golden era.  The Superbowl era.

So, instead of talking about those times nostalgically, you need to revise history and call the best coach in our franchise’s history, a crappy Head Coach?

That’s pretty sad if you ask me.

Losing 4 SBs in a row would indicate some sort of coaching failure.

But, hey, these are "unpopular" opinions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Football is going the way of Boxing - it will only be played by the poor and desperate. Luck's retirement was the writing on the wall

Bill Belichick has been beating the pants off the NFL for 20+ years and no one has figured him out