Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I usually agree with your takes. But this I disagree with entirely!

Do you think the existing PAT system is working? I am not wedded to a way to change it but I hate what we have now. I'd even rather go back to the kick that was basically automatic. 

My likely unpopular NFL opinions:

-A TD should be worth 7 points.  No extra point or two point conversions.  Simplify it.

-Eliminate kickoffs completely and spot the ball at the 20 yard line.  No onside kicks allowed.  Simplify it.

-No overtime during the regular season.  A tie is a tie.  Postseason OT should be a 15 minute quarter.  If still a tie, start over with a coin toss (or my idea below) and first score wins.  

-Rock, paper, scissors should replace the coin toss.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My likely unpopular NFL opinions:

-A TD should be worth 7 points.  No extra point or two point conversions.  Simplify it.

That is my preference Doc. That is how I would go. But something needs to be done. The existing PAT thing is a mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Bad Things said:

For Pete’s sake, I honestly don’t understand how/why some people just need to complain and whine about anything and everything.

We all come to TSW because we’re all fans of what may be one of the most painfully unsuccessful sports franchises in history. 

Through all of those awful years, we really had only one golden era.  The Superbowl era.

So, instead of talking about those times nostalgically, you need to revise history and call the best coach in our franchise’s history, a crappy Head Coach?

That’s pretty sad if you ask me.

I think Wade Phillips was the best coach in our franchise's history.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is like pairing an Italian chef with Asian chef and being unhappy the result.

But I thought it was the Asians who invented spaghetti?!  ?

Besides, I’m sure there’s some god awful reality show on Food Network that’s already made the pairing.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Interesting take. I should caveat what I am about the say with the fact that I never watched either Levy's teams or Wade's teams live. The first Bills coach of my fandom was Greggo (year 2 Greggo if my memory serves). However, I think the mistake people make a bit with Levy in underestimating is that they focus on his deficiencies as an Xs and Os guy. Wade is one of the great defensive minds of his generation - no question - and nobody would mistake Marv for an innovative scheme guy. But being a Head Coach is about managing personalities to create a team. And while some might well say that Marv was too laissez-faire the loyalty those players have to him and to one another is pretty special. He fostered a real team ethos and that is one of the key criteria for judging Head Coaches. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I actually like these Seahawks uniforms. 

Bright Green.jpg

hate that color.    :sick:   

It reminds me of the time I upchucked Spit Peas soup 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I liked Wade very much ...  Marv Levy was the best IMO hands down. 

Lets see McD change that!!! 

Kids these days I tell ya!!   :doh:

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That isn't what the tap showed last year. It showed a guy moveable in the run game and useless at penetrating into the backfield. 

Everyone is moveable....... He doesn't lose many one on one battles. The tape showed that Star did his job and did it pretty consistently.  No one thought that Star was coming in here to get 10 sacks a year. 

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Everyone is moveable....... He doesn't lose many one on one battles. The tape showed that Star did his job and did it pretty consistently.  No one thought that Star was coming in here to get 10 sacks a year. 

It doesn't on my review. I watched every game back at the end of the year as I do every year and I thought Star was a 6/10. He was the definition of average starter. 

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It doesn't on my review. I watched every game back at the end of the year as I do every year and I thought Star was a 6/10. He was the definition of average starter. 

Isn't the definition of average 5/10? ;) 

I kid I kid.. Well to be fair, you don't know what he was asked to do on certain plays. I thought Star did a pretty good job of holding gap responsibility on a pretty consistent basis.

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Isn't the definition of average 5/10? ;) 

I kid I kid.. Well to be fair, you don't know what he was asked to do on certain plays. I thought Star did a pretty good job of holding gap responsibility on a pretty consistent basis.

I don't. Of course. But he is primarily there to anchor and he didn't do a very good job of it. 

On 8/26/2019 at 11:58 PM, whatdrought said:

-People who say football is dumb (typically women, in my expirience) are simply insecure in their inability to understand the minutiae of the game. 

Or they just have different taste.  Our neighbor loves him auto racing of all types.  I’d rather watch paint dry.  De gustibus & all that

On 8/26/2019 at 11:58 PM, whatdrought said:

-Bill Bellichick is kind of likable- *vomits* 

You’re a sick man.  Seek professional help (tm)

(politics -> ppp pls)

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or they just have different taste.  Our neighbor loves him auto racing of all types.  I’d rather watch paint dry.  De gustibus & all that

You’re a sick man.  Seek professional help (tm)

I refuse to accept that. ;)

I am. It's not working. My therapist said that my mental health (or lack there of) is directly related to time spent on this board and I needed to stop. I told him I would just as soon as Yolo posts the tweets confirming that we've traded for Clowney.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:36 PM, warrior9 said:

-Josh McDaniels will be the next great head coach. In fact, I'd rather have him over McDermott (and i like McDermott)

Much of Tom Brady's success should be attributed to him. He did have a weird falling out with the Broncos but he went to the playoffs and won a game with Tim Tebow. 

His game planning is unreal. He knows his offenses weaknesses and covers them significantly.  

So like you explain his OC performance in STL as??

Bradford looked promising his prev (rookie) year under Shurmer as OC.

He had a run game both years.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not.... but

- I HATE when people say Buffalo is "upstate New York." Having moved out of Buffalo, I hear it very frequently and my response is always, "Well, we're not upstate.. we're Western New York."