Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

LeSean McCoy on the trading block?

Anything to better the team i wouldn't put past Beane but if he does i would probably believe that Gore would be pissed as the 2 are good friends & it seemed as though Frank looked to shady for what he thought of the team before he signed !

Gore would be a total professional as he has always been but i wouldn't see him as being happy with the move !! 

give Shady a year to prove himself, pretty quick to jump ship given how good he is, and how bad our o line was!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

Yeldon isn't good. He's actually worse than Shadys last season. Everyone is aware of that right?

Yeldon had 100 fewer rushing yards (in the same number of games), more all-purpose yards and more TDs.  Plus he'll be 25 when the season starts; not 31.

As my Grandfather told me many years ago, everything is for sale. Should the “right” buyer come along, he could be gone baby gone.

I want to see how Shady looks behind the new OL!  If they give him some holes he may produce again this season.  We need some potential explosive players in our running game!

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why? The finally have some depth instead of two yard Tolbert. 

Injuries happen and I'm glad we have 3 starting caliber players at RB

I agree, at this point appreciate the depth and let him play out his final year in Buffalo.  Maybe he blows up with an improved OL?  Next year draft your starter.

Highly unlikely that the Bills can get the sort of value via trade that he could potentially offer in production for the Bills.

31 year old and declining, coming off an off year at a $9M a year price tag.   

He represents good leadership to the team and who knows?  He could be rejuvenated and have a 1000 yard season.  No need to look at cap savings for this year as it's not needed.

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Yeldon isn't good. He's actually worse than Shadys last season. Everyone is aware of that right?

If Yeldon had been signed as the Bills' feature back I think there would be reason for concern.  But he wasn't.  And he caught 65 passes last season.

This is the kind of move the Pats*** would make and everyone would rave about how much they'll get out of him in a RBBC system.  But it's the Bills so nah.

• Like (+1) 1

I would 100% keep Shady this year. Our line was utter trash last year. It was even worse run blocking than pass blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

A bit late for that, I was all for trading him this past season.  Take what you can get IMO.

46 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

NO!!!

So you are saying maybe at right price?  You are a hard bargainer. 

Shady does have trade value, he could be traded for a 30 +year old WR or a team looking to win now.

Has no value for a team looking to rebuild.

Anyway, I keep him another season then re evaluate his value for 2020. He won't get the big deal anymore.

Hes the vet leader.  He will stay at least until camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

They should have traded him last year.  His value is at an all time low.  Better off just keeping him now. 

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

I honestly think that everyone one the team is on the trading block for the right price.  Except Josh.

I mean, most teams should operate like this.   There aren’t many players on this roster who shouldn’t be untouchable.

25 minutes ago, eball said:

If Yeldon had been signed as the Bills' feature back I think there would be reason for concern.  But he wasn't.  And he caught 65 passes last season.

This is the kind of move the Pats*** would make and everyone would rave about how much they'll get out of him in a RBBC system.  But it's the Bills so nah.

I mean you don’t see the difference in comparing the Bills and the Pats?  But I get your point. Yeldon is fine in a role.  I will say, one of McCoy’s best abilities is his role in the passing game.  Do we want McCoy off the field on passing downs?

Waste of talent to have him on this team the past 2 years. Would have had good trade value back then. Worthless now. Who is trading for a RB over 30 with declining stats and a high salary?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But I get your point. Yeldon is fine in a role.  I will say, one of McCoy’s best abilities is his role in the passing game.  Do we want McCoy off the field on passing downs?

Yeldon simply provides more options.  Beane is smart enough to know that relying upon two 30+ year old backs for an entire season probably isn't practical.

• Like (+1) 1

No chance. 

Coach and Beane both covet what he brings to this team on n off the field. He'll bounce back imo. And he'll have that C on his jersey. 

Randomly popped up in my recommendations. He still looked like a top 30 playmaker when he had some space. On those 3rd downs , in this video , he really showed off that rare vision and elite cutting all over the field. 

I love Yeldon as added depth , no more Keith Ford or random rb we pick up off of a PS mid year. We now have at least 3 capable RB and with those maulers on that OL , could see a resurgence in the run Game!

5 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He had a 4.0 YPC and Fournette had a 3.3?

He had 3 times as many receptions as Fournette?

He had 5 TDs as a secondary RB and Fournette had only 6 as the primary.

Yeldon is signed as the Bills 3rd RB who will be primarily a 3rd down back.

I really don't get the problem with this.

Shady only had a 3.2 YPC with 3 TDs and 30 less receptions.

?

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah Definitely would have moved him before last years fall of the cliff production.

Before the Oline fell off a cliff.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeldon had 100 fewer rushing yards (in the same number of games), more all-purpose yards and more TDs.  Plus he'll be 25 when the season starts; not 31.

.......hell, in our AARP backfield, "youngster" will need a chaperone and 10PM bed check..........:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeldon simply provides more options.  Beane is smart enough to know that relying upon two 30+ year old backs for an entire season probably isn't practical.

Maybe we shouldn’t have signed another 30 year rb. 😉. But I understand this was done for other reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Stats matter

Few carries

More TD's

I am not saying that Yeldon should start over Shady......but lets not take a starters numbers with one team and compare them to a backups numbers with another.

Sign in to follow this