LeSean McCoy on the trading block?

12 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Haven't they said several times that Shady is firmly in their plans for 2019? I know things can  be fluid in this business but I think it'd take quite the offer for them to move him.

I believe Beane has said, "Shady is a big part of our plan" for 2019. 

If we want to break down GM speak, he could mean Shady is a "big part" of their plan because he is being traded and that returned asset is valuable.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeldon had 100 fewer rushing yards (in the same number of games), more all-purpose yards and more TDs.  Plus he'll be 25 when the season starts; not 31.

11 hours ago, eball said:

If Yeldon had been signed as the Bills' feature back I think there would be reason for concern.  But he wasn't.  And he caught 65 passes last season.

This is the kind of move the Pats*** would make and everyone would rave about how much they'll get out of him in a RBBC system.  But it's the Bills so nah.

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He had a 4.0 YPC and Fournette had a 3.3?

He had 3 times as many receptions as Fournette?

He had 5 TDs as a secondary RB and Fournette had only 6 as the primary.

Yeldon is signed as the Bills 3rd RB who will be primarily a 3rd down back.

I really don't get the problem with this.

Shady only had a 3.2 YPC with 3 TDs and 30 less receptions.

?

Why did Jax draft a RB with Yeldon already on the team?

5 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Why did Jax draft a RB with Yeldon already on the team?

I don't think anyone (at least I'm not) is saying that Yeldon is going to be the Bills' featured back for the next couple years.  He's going to be situational.  He's proven he can catch the ball out of the backfield.  And 2019 Yeldon is an upgrade over 2019 McCoy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's 31, I'd be skeptical if he hadn't lost a step.

Still, the main issue has been the line.  Looking at the free agency acquisitions, Beane seems to agree.

This.

Is Shady who he was? Probably not. What was the main issue for him last year? It was the line.

The Shady haters will shout about him not having the same speed to be able to dance around behind the line that he used to have and implore him to hit the hole faster. But the more limited Chris Ivory who does just run towards the whole averaged a whole 0.1 yard per carry more in 2018. That was because the line was awful. There were no holes to hit. If the line makes holes for Shady this year he will amass in that 850-1,000 yards range and be back around 4.5 yards per carry. He isn't the back he was.... but he is not a busted flush in my opinion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

3.3 yards per carry is productive.

Hmmm interesting

Also so much better than Shadys 3.2.

Apparently you have also fallen off a cliff and landed on your head

So a less dynamic RB that has been JAG matches one of the best yeah McCoy production didn’t hit a cliff. 

13 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No.

Not really interesting at all.

Two different backs. No shifty back was going to have as much success as a straight ahead runner would behind that o-line.

More excuses. When facts all point to Shady hitting than 30 year old number that RBs start the decline. 

Shady started looking old very fast last year. So yeah should have moved him for value. Instead of holding onto a player too long.

Edited by MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So a less dynamic RB that has been JAG matches one of the best yeah McCoy production didn’t hit a cliff. 

More excuses. When facts all point to Shady hitting than 30 year old number that RBs start the decline. 

Shady started looking old very fast last year. So yeah should have moved him for value. Instead of holding onto a player too long.

No, not excuses at all. Some backs run better behind certain lines and schemes.

To even insinuate Ivory is better than McCoy is moronic.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yet he had one of the fastest TDs of the season.  Running 20+ MPH.  Im not saying he is what he once was but he hasnt fallen off a Cliff.  If he doesnt have a good line he cant produce like he used to, but with a decent line he will still do well.  People said AP was washed up as well and they were wrong and so are you.

37 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He has preconcieved ideas and wont even acknowledge he may be wrong.  Hey maybe this will be the season McCoy does fall off the Cliff, I doubt it though.  Hes was still pretty quick last season and he is still fast.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don't think anyone (at least I'm not) is saying that Yeldon is going to be the Bills' featured back for the next couple years.  He's going to be situational.  He's proven he can catch the ball out of the backfield.  And 2019 Yeldon is an upgrade over 2019 McCoy.

This is a very confusing answer. You say that he isn't the featured back but then say he's better than the featured back (Shady) in 2019. Yeldon has 1800 yards rushing  in 4 years in the league. He's a running back not a WR. I agree he can catch the ball but he's not a good RB he's averaging 450 yards a season rushing.

Edited by Starr Almighty

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

This is a very confusing answer. You say that he isn't the featured back but then say he's better than the featured back (Shady) in 2019.

I never expected McCoy to be the featured back in 2019.  He shouldn't have been the featured back in 2018.  Dude is toast.  It happens.  He's too old.  Love him, but he's a liability now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I never expected McCoy to be the featured back in 2019.  He shouldn't have been the featured back in 2018.  Dude is toast.  It happens.  He's too old.  Love him, but he's a liability now.

I wanted Bell myself. I'm sure you agree that he's an upgrade. But most didn't want to pay on this board. I would of liked Tevin Coleman instead of Yeldon. 

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

I wanted Bell myself. I'm sure you agree that he's an upgrade. But most didn't want to pay on this board. I would of liked Tevin Coleman instead of Yeldon. 

I think paying MOST running backs that kind of money is crazy.  The situation has to be right (i.e. - the Rams) and the RB has to be young and awesome.

I think people will see that Bell was the beneficiary of having a HOF QB and WR on his offense.  He will have neither this season.  He's a great RB, but the Bills are far from "a great RB away" from being contenders.  I just don't think it would have made financial sense at this time.

I'm a firm believer that building a great O Line will make any good RB a great one.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Dude is far from toast... I have no idea why anyone thinks this... We had a very ***** OL and O last year that was compounded by not having a vet QB and a rookie learning the ropes. Give Shady some good intial OL push and a secondary block or 2 and shady can still run for 1500

Just now, Gugny said:

He's a great RB, but the Bills are far from "a great RB away" from being contenders. 

Really.. I think we are simply a Josh Allen away from being VERY Serious contenders

22 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The Dude is far from toast... I have no idea why anyone thinks this... We had a very ***** OL and O last year that was compounded by not having a vet QB and a rookie learning the ropes. Give Shady some good intial OL push and a secondary block or 2 and shady can still run for 1500

Really.. I think we are simply a Josh Allen away from being VERY Serious contenders

I will respectfully disagree re: McCoy.  I agree that Josh Allen IS a huge piece and gets us closer to contention.  I'd like to see the OL, DL and WR situations improve - more so than RB.

12 hours ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Shady's going to go to Philly on draft day. Perhaps day two. He's still got talent and gas in the tank, but he's not a good fit in Buffalo. IMHO...

I agree. The social dichotomy between fans that are pro Shady and against Shady is so polarizing profound and immense. It's an explosive topic. Fans laugh off people you and me but you know what? I think we will get the last laugh in the end. Shady looked hurt all of last year. He's too old, fans need to let go.

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think paying MOST running backs that kind of money is crazy.  The situation has to be right (i.e. - the Rams) and the RB has to be young and awesome.

I think people will see that Bell was the beneficiary of having a HOF QB and WR on his offense.  He will have neither this season.  He's a great RB, but the Bills are far from "a great RB away" from being contenders.  I just don't think it would have made financial sense at this time.

I'm a firm believer that building a great O Line will make any good RB a great one.

lets not forget arguably a top 3 line over the last 4-5 years.... that's an O-line that resurrected an over the hill DeAngelo Williams' career early on when bell was dealing with injuries and suspensions and then saw a 3rd rounder come in this year and basically match bells production..... then conner goes down and their rookie samuels goes for 130 in a game.

bells whole surroundings got much worse. I personally think he may be in for a rude awakening.

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I agree. The social dichotomy between fans that are pro Shady and against Shady is so polarizing profound and immense. It's an explosive topic. Fans laugh off people you and me but you know what? I think we will get the last laugh in the end. Shady looked hurt all of last year. He's too old, fans need to let go.

he'll play out his deal this year as a bill. he's worth much more in the locker room and huddle now, even with deteriorated skill set, than any 6th rounder we are gonna get for him.... and you're right, I think its laughable that people think he's gonna be traded now when his value is at an all time low. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he'll play out his deal this year as a bill. he's worth much more in the locker room and huddle now, even with deteriorated skill set, than any 6th rounder we are gonna get for him.... and you're right, I think its laughable that people think he's gonna be traded now when his value is at an all time low. 

Leaders don't get dropped like a sack of potatoes at first contact. RB is a position where the occasional UDFA comes in and tears it up right away. One of the most mindless positions in all of sports.

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I will respectfully disagree re: McCoy.  I agree that Josh Allen IS a huge piece and gets us closer to contention.  I'd like to see the OL, DL and WR situations improve - more so than RB.

well everything is Josh Allen, he is the key... Our OL is going to be very improved as is our WR position and our DL and this is before the draft.

As for improving RB position we do not have to we have Shady.. But we did anyways with the addition of Gore and Yeldon... 

What did you see last year that has you thinking Shady is done ?   No RB was going to do well with the mess we put forth last year with our OL

Edited by ddaryl

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So a 9M a year back is limited to a very specific line and scheme.  Hmmm 

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yet he had one of the fastest TDs of the season.  Running 20+ MPH.  Im not saying he is what he once was but he hasnt fallen off a Cliff.  If he doesnt have a good line he cant produce like he used to, but with a decent line he will still do well.  People said AP was washed up as well and they were wrong and so are you.

He has preconcieved ideas and wont even acknowledge he may be wrong.  Hey maybe this will be the season McCoy does fall off the Cliff, I doubt it though.  Hes was still pretty quick last season and he is still fast.

Sorry I can get the same production out of a Rookie back that I can get from a 9M dollar back it is time to move on. That is the reality. People have to stop wanting to keep players past their value.  

Get more in line with NE. Better to move a player and maximize value a couple years too early than hold on to him and watch him his that wall. And the value plummet like we are now with McCoy 

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sorry I can get the same production out of a Rookie back that I can get from a 9M dollar back it is time to move on. That is the reality. People have to stop wanting to keep players past their value.  

Get more in line with NE. Better to move a player and maximize value a couple years too early than hold on to him and watch him his that wall. And the value plummet like we are now with McCoy. 

Edited by MAJBobby