LeSean McCoy on the trading block?

They should have traded him last year.  His value is at an all time low.  Better off just keeping him now. 

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

I honestly think that everyone one the team is on the trading block for the right price.  Except Josh.

I mean, most teams should operate like this.   There aren’t many players on this roster who shouldn’t be untouchable.

25 minutes ago, eball said:

If Yeldon had been signed as the Bills' feature back I think there would be reason for concern.  But he wasn't.  And he caught 65 passes last season.

This is the kind of move the Pats*** would make and everyone would rave about how much they'll get out of him in a RBBC system.  But it's the Bills so nah.

I mean you don’t see the difference in comparing the Bills and the Pats?  But I get your point. Yeldon is fine in a role.  I will say, one of McCoy’s best abilities is his role in the passing game.  Do we want McCoy off the field on passing downs?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But I get your point. Yeldon is fine in a role.  I will say, one of McCoy’s best abilities is his role in the passing game.  Do we want McCoy off the field on passing downs?

Yeldon simply provides more options.  Beane is smart enough to know that relying upon two 30+ year old backs for an entire season probably isn't practical.

• Like (+1) 1

No chance. 

Coach and Beane both covet what he brings to this team on n off the field. He'll bounce back imo. And he'll have that C on his jersey. 

Randomly popped up in my recommendations. He still looked like a top 30 playmaker when he had some space. On those 3rd downs , in this video , he really showed off that rare vision and elite cutting all over the field. 

I love Yeldon as added depth , no more Keith Ford or random rb we pick up off of a PS mid year. We now have at least 3 capable RB and with those maulers on that OL , could see a resurgence in the run Game!

5 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Yeldon isn't good. He's actually worse than Shadys last season. Everyone is aware of that right?

He had a 4.0 YPC and Fournette had a 3.3?

He had 3 times as many receptions as Fournette?

He had 5 TDs as a secondary RB and Fournette had only 6 as the primary.

Yeldon is signed as the Bills 3rd RB who will be primarily a 3rd down back.

I really don't get the problem with this.

Shady only had a 3.2 YPC with 3 TDs and 30 less receptions.

?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeldon had 100 fewer rushing yards (in the same number of games), more all-purpose yards and more TDs.  Plus he'll be 25 when the season starts; not 31.

.......hell, in our AARP backfield, "youngster" will need a chaperone and 10PM bed check..........:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeldon simply provides more options.  Beane is smart enough to know that relying upon two 30+ year old backs for an entire season probably isn't practical.

Maybe we shouldn’t have signed another 30 year rb. ?. But I understand this was done for other reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Yeldon isn't good. He's actually worse than Shadys last season. Everyone is aware of that right?

Stats matter

Few carries

More TD's

I am not saying that Yeldon should start over Shady......but lets not take a starters numbers with one team and compare them to a backups numbers with another.

Shady isn't going anywhere unless he requests such a move himself. Beane and McD love themselves some Shady. The 3 headed backfield of Shady/Gore/Yeldon is perfectly suited for keeping those older backs fresh and healthy throughout the season, all while keeping depth in case of injury. Even if the Bills draft a RB in the mid to late rounds of the draft, I assure you they won't be dealing McCoy. The Bills have no need to deal Shady. He isn't a cap liability. And whatever minimal asset they could receive in return wouldn't be worth it. I promise. This "Shady on the trading block" nonsense needs to go away. 

Can we move on from this fake news media speculation that literally ignores every real word that has come out of the real peoples mouths?

Beane, McD, Gore, etc have all repeatedly said they signed Gore because McCoy really wanted him here.  Gore said he came here because of his relationship with McCoy.  They said they want Gore here as a leader and inspiration on how to physically prepare to be in shape late in your career to be effective.  

McCoy isn't going anywhere unless someone calls Beane and makes him an offer he cant turn down.  But I cant see any scenario where Beane is now actively shopping McCoy IMO.  

Who knows, maybe someone did inquire about McCoy pending how the draft falls, and they signed TJ as insurance to pull off that trade if it falls that way.  Beane is a good enough GM that he will not hesitate to make the best decision at any given moment for this team.  But I seriously doubt that Beane is out there shopping McCoy.   

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can we move on from this fake news media speculation that literally ignores every real word that has come out of the real peoples mouths?

Beane, McD, Gore, etc have all repeatedly said they signed Gore because McCoy really wanted him here.  Gore said he came here because of his relationship with McCoy.  They said they want Gore here as a leader and inspiration on how to physically prepare to be in shape late in your career to be effective.  

McCoy isn't going anywhere unless someone calls Beane and makes him an offer he cant turn down.  But I cant see any scenario where Beane is now actively shopping McCoy IMO.  

Who knows, maybe someone did inquire about McCoy pending how the draft falls, and they signed TJ as insurance to pull off that trade if it falls that way.  Beane is a good enough GM that he will not hesitate to make the best decision at any given moment for this team.  But I seriously doubt that Beane is out there shopping McCoy.   

The issue isn’t even shopping. McCoy is 31. If he doesn’t have it in training camp, he’ll simply be cut.

Coach speak is just that. It means nothing if Shady’s lost a step.

This board is delusional if people think the line is Shady’s issue.

33 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Would yall do this?

BILLS

McCoy + 40th pick + 5th Round pick

PHILLY

25th pick

Instantly.  But there’s no way Philly or anyone else offers anything close to that for Shady now.  That would value him as a 3rd round pick by the way. 

Edited by BarleyNY

It certainly seems like McCoy doesn't fit into the current plans of the Bills.

I still wish they had moved him last year at the deadline when his return would have arguably been greater than what they will get now--if they get anything at all.  He could easily simply be released.

He will be an interesting player to keep an eye on.