Lombardi tweets Barr might not be the only flip

Estro

Let's hope none of the Bills signees has a change of heart prior to these signings becoming official at 4PM today.

Lombardi had a tweet early this morning saying hes hearing Barr might not be the only one.....first thing I thought of was Beasley or Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

Let's hope none of the Bills signees has a change of heart prior to these signings becoming official at 4PM today.

Lombardi had a tweet early this morning saying hes hearing Barr might not be the only one.....first thing I thought of was Beasley or Brown.

As long as it isn’t Morse, I wouldn’t be too shook up. Second would be Brown. I wouldn’t cry at all if it was Beasley or pretty much any of the other FA signings. I don’t see Morse changing his mind from being the highest paid center in the league. Especially when the Chiefs didn’t even want him anymore. I also don’t see Brown going back to a Lamar Jackson led passing “attack”. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Estro said:

Its not either of those.  Beasley already said goodbye.  Brown won’t get anywhere near that deal with Baltimore.  Pretty sure we are good.    

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

Not Beasley. He's already been pretty active on social media

BINGO!

So since Morse is my man crussh and I've learning so much about him during my courting/stalking endeavors, I will say that he does not seem like the kind of guy who would flip. I think we are fine. Cole Beasley and Gore already had Bills stuff all over their social media stuff. I think the only guy I could see flipping is John Brown. 

21 minutes ago, Estro said:

I have not seen Browns numbers but I dont think anyone else is giving Beasley the money Buffalo is.

I doubt it's a Bills player.  Sounds like it would be a Jets player but could be anyone.

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

Browns signed Perriman before the Beckham trade and he wants out of his deal now

Can't blame him.  With OBJ, Landy and Njoku he'll barely see the ball.

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Well Perryman did jump ship from Cleveland to Tampa once Beckham was signed. I think Morse is here to stay but wont shed a tear if Kroft backed out. But who else would offer the contract he got?

Yeah out of them all, Kroft is the one that leaves me most unenthused.  Not sure what they saw in him to give him that big a deal but I hope to be surprised.

I am also hearing that there may be another change of heart. I’m hearing we should know by 4pm today or shortly thereafter. I’m also hearing that it may involve an AFC team or possibly an NFC team. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah out of them all, Kroft is the one that leaves me most unenthused.  Not sure what they saw in him to give him that big a deal but I hope to be surprised.

He was absolutely paid based on his 2017, 7 TD year. I believe they can get out of it with no dead money after year 1. That should tell us all we need to know. They clearly don’t value him too highly. The 2nd and 3rd years are just placeholder years. They are there in case they don’t find anything better. It’s basically a 1 year deal with a team option for year 2 and 3 at the same cost as year 1. It is actually a really good contract for the team. 

1 minute ago, dubs said:

I am also hearing that there may be another change of heart. I’m hearing we should know by 4pm today or shortly thereafter. I’m also hearing that it may involve an AFC team or possibly an NFC team. 

This is earth shattering news. I must follow you on Twitter ?

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

He was absolutely paid based on his 2017, 7 TD year. I believe they can get out of it with no dead money after year 1. That should tell us all we need to know. They clearly don’t value him too highly. The 2nd and 3rd years are just placeholder years. They are there in case they don’t find anything better. It’s basically a 1 year deal with a team option for year 2 and 3 at the same cost as year 1. It is actually a really good contract for the team. 

This is earth shattering news. I must follow you on Twitter ?

Cool!  I’m @deepsources

33 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Yeah I figured it was based on 2017 and that it's a 1-year prove it deal, but I think the money is quite high.  But they have the money so let's hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, anguskeenan said:

What are the rules on this - when these guys commit to a contract during the tampering period, how do they get away with backing out. Did the Jets have to give Barr permission to back out?

They haven't signed anything and cant under league rules make anything official until the new league year starts. So there are no 'rules' right now, just teams and agents/players discussing and coming to terms on a future deal. A team could always come back at a player with a better offer before they sign and convince someone to go elsewhere, or another move could convince someone that they made a mistake and dont want to sign there anymore. A team could also change its mind and take back the offer

This is just a negotiating period and nothing is official during it, although most stick with the deals negotiated because they dont want to be viewed poorly by going back on a deal in case they need to go back through this process again.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so the OP is bummed about something that hasn't happened and chances are likely they wont happen.

ok

I’ve learned the hard way in life the pointlessness of this......

Don’t make up things to worry about. Prepare, but don’t fret. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1