ASU WR K’Neal Harry is projected as a 2nd rd prospect.

1 minute ago, Yav said:

Have you even seen Harry play? His YAC is simply impressive. He’s also a damn good return guy. He runs better routes and will win the contested catches. 

I’m confused with how many people are overlooking that and just acting like DK made of glass Metcalf is amazing because he can run fast in one direction. 

ASU had bad QB play and Harry was still impressive. 

Thankfully NFL scouts know better than idiots like Buckey Brooks and fans. 

My take away is that people are critical of Metcalf's poor showing on the agility drills, but Harry didn't even do them??

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

My take away is that people are critical of Metcalf's poor showing on the agility drills, but Harry didn't even do them??

Metcalf wasn’t even the best WR on his team and he has a tendency to drop balls, Harry had poor QB play and a team that could figure out their identity. 

Seriously, you want to sing him for not running a stupid drill in shorts when there’s actual game tape that shows his ability? His YAC ability is amazing, that right there shows his agility and speed. 

Its as as if people just can’t figure that out, thankfully NFL scouts know better and with any luck some team like the Jets will end up with DK and they can enjoy the frustration of his injuries and drops and more than likely a PED violation. 

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Metcalf wasn’t even the best WR on his team and he has a tendency to drop balls, Harry had poor QB play and a team that could figure out their identity. 

Seriously, you want to sing him for not running a stupid drill in shorts when there’s actual game tape that shows his ability? His YAC ability is amazing, that right there shows his agility and speed. 

Its as as if people just can’t figure that out, thankfully NFL scouts know better and with any luck some team like the Jets will end up with DK and they can enjoy the frustration of his injuries and drops and more than likely a PED violation. 

So who gets picked first then?

I know who my money will be on...

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So who gets picked first then?

I know who my money will be on...

Well, the Jets are oicking high and they are stupid so DK will get picked first, just like Watkins and let’s not forget he hasn’t been worth that pick and hasn’t been the best from that class. 

I think time will show the same with this class. Harry will be like Anquan Bolin and DK will be like Watkins our hurt all the time. 

7 minutes ago, Yav said:

Well, the Jets are oicking high and they are stupid so DK will get picked first, just like Watkins and let’s not forget he hasn’t been worth that pick and hasn’t been the best from that class. 

I think time will show the same with this class. Harry will be like Anquan Bolin and DK will be like Watkins our hurt all the time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if our Bills pick him at 9...

Also, it wont surprise me if neither of these guys are in the Top 3 of this class... its hardly an exact science...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, CommonCents said:

Harry didn’t even run the times agility drills because he didn’t want to hurt his stock. How can you put down Metcalf for doing them poorly and not mention that a healthy Harry wouldn’t even do them? “He gets seperation” but he is such a clunker he knows he can’t run the timed drills.

I’m confused with how many people are overlooking that and just acting like it’s normal. A dishonest discussion isn’t worth much.

I still very much like Metcalf, not putting him down, just being honest about his pros and cons. 

14 minutes ago, Yav said:

I’m really hoping the Jets take Metcalf at 3. I’d probably throw a party.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Metclf did terrible in agility drills, he’s fast one direction.  

Harry gets spearation, and proved his speed at the combine and the talk he wasn’t fast enough was false.  His QB sucked in college and he’s constantly waiting on passes.   

Don’t get me wrong, still high on Metcalf, he has highest ceiling in draft.  But Harry is by far the most complete WR and has lowest floor IMO with a very high ceiling.  I mean he is faster than Antonio Brown, speed to get separation is not a concern now that the combine is over. 

All I know for sure. Metcalf is faster, and is more explosive. Watching the 2 play Harry doesnt accelerate in an elite way.  Without Harry doing the cone or shuttle I assume Metcalf is comprabale if not better. 

I think Metcalf has the potential to be an elite deep threat.  Wont need to be a target monster and will put up bigger numbers.  Foster got deep often this past year. Metcalf is a vastly superior player in that area.  From what ive seen Metcalf has the rare ability to acceralte to track a ball deep and late.  I see Harry as a slighty bigger zay Jones.  Possession wrs take time to develop.  I would rather Have Jones entering year 3 than Harry year 1. 

I think Buffalo realy became intriguing and competitive on offense when they went to a vertical passing attack.  For that offense and Allen's strength I want a dynamic Deep threat outside.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, Mat68 said:

All I know for sure. Metcalf is faster, and is more explosive. Watching the 2 play Harry doesnt accelerate in an elite way.  Without Harry doing the cone or shuttle I assume Metcalf is comprabale if not better. 

I think Metcalf has the potential to be an elite deep threat.  Wont need to be a target monster and will put up bigger numbers.  Foster got deep often this past year. Metcalf is a vastly superior player in that area.  From what ive seen Metcalf has the rare ability to acceralte to track a ball deep and late.  I see Harry as a slighty bigger zay Jones.  Possession wrs take time to develop.  I would rather Have Jones entering year 3 than Harry year 1. 

I think Buffalo realy became intriguing and competitive on offense when they went to a vertical passing attack.  For that offense and Allen's strength I want a dynamic Deep threat outside.  

I'll take a big body possession guy that has great YAC ability over a guy that runs fast in one direction and tends to drop balls. 

People should really watch some of Harry's games, the kids amazing with the ball in his hands. With the Bills luck NE is going to end up drafting Harry and they will get the ball to him with screens and he's going to show his YAC ability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His qb sucked in college.  Like sucked really bad.  I am in the minority but I would rather have Harry than Metcalf.  It’s hot take but I’ve loved the guy for 2 years. Can’t back off now!

Same. People should really rewatch the games. His catch radius is amazing and his YAC is best in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/5/2019 at 12:29 AM, Mat68 said:

I think Harry's more of a deep threat than people realize.  DB's played off him a lot which is why he got a lot of underneath stuff.  The reason they backed off is cause he could beat you over the top.  At times his tape shows him struggling a bit with press coverage, but if he gets behind you its over.  He was really good when he got a step on player.  

On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yav said:

Josh Allen throws a ball that is hard to handle so it might not be a good idea to draft a WR that drops the ball in college.  DK excites me and gives cause for concern at the same time.  Definitely boom or bust.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 3/4/2019 at 9:33 PM, Yav said:

I will say watching that highlight video of Harry on those plays where he went from one sideline and back around to the other and still got to the endzone were ridiculous like he was playing a completely different game from the other players.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yav said:

I’ve seen numerous people bring up PEDs for Metcalf. They drug test at the combine, do they not also PED test? Honest question as I do not know the answer. 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean he is faster than Antonio Brown, speed to get separation is not a concern now that the combine is over. 

Faster then Antonio Brown in their underwear. These guys should really run with full equipment on, I bet we would see different results across the board if that was the case.

If the guy is there in the 2nd round its a no brainer, you take him. At 9, I'm not so sure. Depends who else is sitting there. They will take bpa and I'm hoping that pick will be a monster.

33 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’ve seen numerous people bring up PEDs for Metcalf. They drug test at the combine, do they not also PED test? Honest question as I do not know the answer. 

I believe they do but the results are not instant and honestly if he’s doing test with Dbol or something mild like var or tbol that can be out of his system. Ol Miss players have a reputation for using.

WR is a weird position in the draft, it seems like it should be relatively straight forward to see which guys are going to be quick and agile with good hands while others will struggle. However, most teams seem to really struggle to find good receivers, while others can churn them out with some regularity (such as Pittsburgh). 

One thing is certain, and that is that it takes a year or two for WRs to be productive, we need production immediately so i'd like us to get a guy like Adam Humphries as well as a prospect in the 2nd round. I don't want a WR at 9 because i don't trust us to pick one worth that price, much rather go after OL there.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Guys with stupid names like this usually flop.  A lot of times the are QBs but still.

yeah Blaine Gabbert.. Blake Bortles. Jimmy Clausen.. Yuck. You got to sound like a quarterback. 1 syllable hard consonants for the first name, and soft consonants with stresses on the vowells in the last:

John Elway, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan..

ya just gotta sound like a HOF quarterback ya know?

43 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

WR is a weird position in the draft, it seems like it should be relatively straight forward to see which guys are going to be quick and agile with good hands while others will struggle. However, most teams seem to really struggle to find good receivers, while others can churn them out with some regularity (such as Pittsburgh). 

One thing is certain, and that is that it takes a year or two for WRs to be productive, we need production immediately so i'd like us to get a guy like Adam Humphries as well as a prospect in the 2nd round. I don't want a WR at 9 because i don't trust us to pick one worth that price, much rather go after OL there.

Very true.  WR seems to be a difficult position to draft well.  In 2017 there were three guys taken in the top 9 and all have struggled to varying degrees.  And the fourth receiver off the board (Zay) has been far from great. And in 2016, the four first round WRs have been flat out awful (alright, Fuller has been OK)...

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Very true.  WR seems to be a difficult position to draft well.  In 2017 there were three guys taken in the top 9 and all have struggled to varying degrees.  And the fourth receiver off the board (Zay) has been far from great. And in 2016, the four first round WRs have been flat out awful (alright, Fuller has been OK)...

It is one reason that the combine doesn't bother me too much, nobody has any idea what a good NFL WR is meant to look like at the combine anyway. 

Metcalf worries me because he looks like he has taken alot of roids, i could be wrong.

Just now, Jasovon said:

It is one reason that the combine doesn't bother me too much, nobody has any idea what a good NFL WR is meant to look like at the combine anyway. 

Metcalf worries me because he looks like he has taken alot of roids, i could be wrong.

No, Metcalf looks like a damn advertisement for anabolic steroids.  Caveat emptor!

• Like (+1) 1

Looks pretty dang good to me if he is there in the second which i'm not sure if that will happen that would allow Bean to get a really good O lineman with the first pick & a really good WR with the second rounder i'm in !! 

Plus he has the size that McD likes & showed some good moves in open space to make people miss not real sure if he would dig the B/Lo winter seeing as he played ball in Az. but he would be a welcome pick !!

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His qb sucked in college.  Like sucked really bad.  I am in the minority but I would rather have Harry than Metcalf.  It’s hot take but I’ve loved the guy for 2 years. Can’t back off now!

This is the play where I started wanting him on the Bills lol.

• Like (+1) 2

Here everyone just do yourself a favor and watch this...

Displays strength, agility, adjustment to the ball, and eye popping catches.  This is a highlight video obviously but it shows a lot of NFL traits including those hands!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The Steelers seem too.

that said, it’s so hard to evaluate because it’s such a dependent position.  If your qb or oline suck, it’s going to be tough for a receiver to shine.  I think you need guys who can successfully run the route tree, get separation, and didn’t play in gimmicky offenses that get them open simply off play designs.

for these reasons, a guy like DK makes me very nervous.  But yeah, receiver can be a very tough position to evaluate.  Also, there are good qbs who can elevate receivers and bad ones who can bring them down.  I’d argue in Buffalo, we’ve had some good receivers held back by bad qbs (healthy Sammy, Evans, Moulds, etc.)

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Steelers seem too.

that said, it’s so hard to evaluate because it’s such a dependent position.  If your qb or oline suck, it’s going to be tough for a receiver to shine.  I think you need guys who can successfully run the route tree, get separation, and didn’t play in gimmicky offenses that get them open simply off play designs.

for these reasons, a guy like DK makes me very nervous.  But yeah, receiver can be a very tough position to evaluate.  Also, there are good qbs who can elevate receivers and bad ones who can bring them down.  I’d argue in Buffalo, we’ve had some good receivers held back by bad qbs (healthy Sammy, Evans, Moulds, etc.)

We've definitely had good receivers here in the past, at one point we had Watkins, Woods and Goodwin all at once and did almost nothing with them. That said Sammy has been on the best offense in the league two seasons in a row and been a non factor which is interesting.

Just now, Jasovon said:

We've definitely had good receivers here in the past, at one point we had Watkins, Woods and Goodwin all at once and did almost nothing with them. That said Sammy has been on the best offense in the league two seasons in a row and been a non factor which is interesting.

Injuries.  He was off to a very good start this year before he got hurt and he did have 8 tds with the Rams.   And I know people love laughing at the decoy thing but it is legit. A huge reason our passing game has sucked for 2 years is no defense respects any receivers to beat them deep.  Foster emerged at the end but it took like 10 games.  That’s why you need multiple threats. 

35 minutes ago, section122 said:

Here everyone just do yourself a favor and watch this...

Displays strength, agility, adjustment to the ball, and eye popping catches.  This is a highlight video obviously but it shows a lot of NFL traits including those hands!

I do still like him, and granted it's highlights so it'll tend to be more about the contested catches than anything else, but he didn't really show any separation skills in this video. I don't think he's as stiff a route runner as some say, but I think his ability to get separation is a larger concern than it is for DK, who has similarly been attacked over that. I think Kelvin Harmon and JJ Arcega-Whiteside are similar prospects that can be had maybe a round later than Harry.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

This is the play where I started wanting him on the Bills lol.

I don’t know.....that doesn’t really look like a Buffalo Bills WR. That won’t fit in with what I’ve been watching. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Sometimes even the best WRs don't get separation on a given play, that is when you need a guy to go up and just get the ball which is what Harry does as good as anyone in this draft.  

This guy has a huge catch radius, is 6-4 with 4.5 speed, insane hands, great after the catch as well..  He just looks the part of a top outside WR.  He is the opposite of Kelvin Benjamin.

DK is also intriguing to me but carries more risk.  I don't see McBeane risking it at 9.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I would be on board with BPA in the first and Harry in the second depending on how free agency goes. 

Anyone would be happy to have the best WR in the draft in the second round. Problem is he'll be gone in the first. 

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know.....that doesn’t really look like a Buffalo Bills WR. That won’t fit in with what I’ve been watching. 

Why? Because he can catch the ball? 

I guess if you want more of the same then DK is the guy. He'll drop the ball just as good as KB did.

22 minutes ago, Yav said:

Anyone would be happy to have the best WR in the draft in the second round. Problem is he'll be gone in the first. 

Why? Because he can catch the ball? 

I guess if you want more of the same then DK is the guy. He'll drop the ball just as good as KB did.

I wouldnt say he is the best WR in draft but he could go later in the first round.  I am not a DK fan but some team will get him early.  I think there are 4 or 5 WRs that are all right there at the top but the defensive talent is deep so I would be not be surprised if not many WR's are picked in the first after the run on QB's and Dlineman. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I do still like him, and granted it's highlights so it'll tend to be more about the contested catches than anything else, but he didn't really show any separation skills in this video. I don't think he's as stiff a route runner as some say, but I think his ability to get separation is a larger concern than it is for DK, who has similarly been attacked over that. I think Kelvin Harmon and JJ Arcega-Whiteside are similar prospects that can be had maybe a round later than Harry.

While I will agree that he looks blanketed on these requiring the contested catches, I think he did show some excellent change of direction skills.  His speed issues are a bit overblown imo.  He pulled away from some guys from on play 5 but most importantly he runs well with the ball in his hands.   So he might not be the fastest guy but he gets open enough to make catches and then runs well.

At the heart of it though I like him because he can catch the ball.  I hate when a receiver can do everything but has "concentration drops" or "needs to improve hands" or "is a body catcher."  To me those guys should be avoided and it is why DK makes me nervous.  Catching is the base of everything they do, so to my completely amateur evaluation eye, is the most important thing to me. 

I gave up a couple of years ago getting to hyped about each prospect or picking favorites.  Harry is one of a few guys I would like but the Bills never seem to draft the guys I really like so I prefer to wait and see who they get.  I stopped pounding the tables for any one player.  A lot less disappointment that way :lol:

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't know on several of those where he didn't have separation there was pretty clear and called pass interference.