ASU WR K’Neal Harry is projected as a 2nd rd prospect.

1 minute ago, Yav said:

Have you even seen Harry play? His YAC is simply impressive. He’s also a damn good return guy. He runs better routes and will win the contested catches. 

I’m confused with how many people are overlooking that and just acting like DK made of glass Metcalf is amazing because he can run fast in one direction. 

ASU had bad QB play and Harry was still impressive. 

Thankfully NFL scouts know better than idiots like Buckey Brooks and fans. 

My take away is that people are critical of Metcalf's poor showing on the agility drills, but Harry didn't even do them??

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

My take away is that people are critical of Metcalf's poor showing on the agility drills, but Harry didn't even do them??

Metcalf wasn’t even the best WR on his team and he has a tendency to drop balls, Harry had poor QB play and a team that could figure out their identity. 

Seriously, you want to sing him for not running a stupid drill in shorts when there’s actual game tape that shows his ability? His YAC ability is amazing, that right there shows his agility and speed. 

Its as as if people just can’t figure that out, thankfully NFL scouts know better and with any luck some team like the Jets will end up with DK and they can enjoy the frustration of his injuries and drops and more than likely a PED violation. 

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Metcalf wasn’t even the best WR on his team and he has a tendency to drop balls, Harry had poor QB play and a team that could figure out their identity. 

Seriously, you want to sing him for not running a stupid drill in shorts when there’s actual game tape that shows his ability? His YAC ability is amazing, that right there shows his agility and speed. 

Its as as if people just can’t figure that out, thankfully NFL scouts know better and with any luck some team like the Jets will end up with DK and they can enjoy the frustration of his injuries and drops and more than likely a PED violation. 

So who gets picked first then?

I know who my money will be on...

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So who gets picked first then?

I know who my money will be on...

Well, the Jets are oicking high and they are stupid so DK will get picked first, just like Watkins and let’s not forget he hasn’t been worth that pick and hasn’t been the best from that class. 

I think time will show the same with this class. Harry will be like Anquan Bolin and DK will be like Watkins our hurt all the time. 

7 minutes ago, Yav said:

Well, the Jets are oicking high and they are stupid so DK will get picked first, just like Watkins and let’s not forget he hasn’t been worth that pick and hasn’t been the best from that class. 

I think time will show the same with this class. Harry will be like Anquan Bolin and DK will be like Watkins our hurt all the time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if our Bills pick him at 9...

Also, it wont surprise me if neither of these guys are in the Top 3 of this class... its hardly an exact science...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, CommonCents said:

Harry didn’t even run the times agility drills because he didn’t want to hurt his stock. How can you put down Metcalf for doing them poorly and not mention that a healthy Harry wouldn’t even do them? “He gets seperation” but he is such a clunker he knows he can’t run the timed drills.

I’m confused with how many people are overlooking that and just acting like it’s normal. A dishonest discussion isn’t worth much.

I still very much like Metcalf, not putting him down, just being honest about his pros and cons. 

14 minutes ago, Yav said:

I’m really hoping the Jets take Metcalf at 3. I’d probably throw a party.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Metclf did terrible in agility drills, he’s fast one direction.  

Harry gets spearation, and proved his speed at the combine and the talk he wasn’t fast enough was false.  His QB sucked in college and he’s constantly waiting on passes.   

Don’t get me wrong, still high on Metcalf, he has highest ceiling in draft.  But Harry is by far the most complete WR and has lowest floor IMO with a very high ceiling.  I mean he is faster than Antonio Brown, speed to get separation is not a concern now that the combine is over. 

All I know for sure. Metcalf is faster, and is more explosive. Watching the 2 play Harry doesnt accelerate in an elite way.  Without Harry doing the cone or shuttle I assume Metcalf is comprabale if not better. 

I think Metcalf has the potential to be an elite deep threat.  Wont need to be a target monster and will put up bigger numbers.  Foster got deep often this past year. Metcalf is a vastly superior player in that area.  From what ive seen Metcalf has the rare ability to acceralte to track a ball deep and late.  I see Harry as a slighty bigger zay Jones.  Possession wrs take time to develop.  I would rather Have Jones entering year 3 than Harry year 1. 

I think Buffalo realy became intriguing and competitive on offense when they went to a vertical passing attack.  For that offense and Allen's strength I want a dynamic Deep threat outside.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, Mat68 said:

All I know for sure. Metcalf is faster, and is more explosive. Watching the 2 play Harry doesnt accelerate in an elite way.  Without Harry doing the cone or shuttle I assume Metcalf is comprabale if not better. 

I think Metcalf has the potential to be an elite deep threat.  Wont need to be a target monster and will put up bigger numbers.  Foster got deep often this past year. Metcalf is a vastly superior player in that area.  From what ive seen Metcalf has the rare ability to acceralte to track a ball deep and late.  I see Harry as a slighty bigger zay Jones.  Possession wrs take time to develop.  I would rather Have Jones entering year 3 than Harry year 1. 

I think Buffalo realy became intriguing and competitive on offense when they went to a vertical passing attack.  For that offense and Allen's strength I want a dynamic Deep threat outside.  

I'll take a big body possession guy that has great YAC ability over a guy that runs fast in one direction and tends to drop balls. 

People should really watch some of Harry's games, the kids amazing with the ball in his hands. With the Bills luck NE is going to end up drafting Harry and they will get the ball to him with screens and he's going to show his YAC ability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His qb sucked in college.  Like sucked really bad.  I am in the minority but I would rather have Harry than Metcalf.  It’s hot take but I’ve loved the guy for 2 years. Can’t back off now!

Same. People should really rewatch the games. His catch radius is amazing and his YAC is best in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/5/2019 at 12:29 AM, Mat68 said:

I think Harry's more of a deep threat than people realize.  DB's played off him a lot which is why he got a lot of underneath stuff.  The reason they backed off is cause he could beat you over the top.  At times his tape shows him struggling a bit with press coverage, but if he gets behind you its over.  He was really good when he got a step on player.  

On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yav said:

Josh Allen throws a ball that is hard to handle so it might not be a good idea to draft a WR that drops the ball in college.  DK excites me and gives cause for concern at the same time.  Definitely boom or bust.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 3/4/2019 at 9:33 PM, Yav said:

I will say watching that highlight video of Harry on those plays where he went from one sideline and back around to the other and still got to the endzone were ridiculous like he was playing a completely different game from the other players.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yav said:

I’ve seen numerous people bring up PEDs for Metcalf. They drug test at the combine, do they not also PED test? Honest question as I do not know the answer. 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean he is faster than Antonio Brown, speed to get separation is not a concern now that the combine is over. 

Faster then Antonio Brown in their underwear. These guys should really run with full equipment on, I bet we would see different results across the board if that was the case.

If the guy is there in the 2nd round its a no brainer, you take him. At 9, I'm not so sure. Depends who else is sitting there. They will take bpa and I'm hoping that pick will be a monster.

33 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’ve seen numerous people bring up PEDs for Metcalf. They drug test at the combine, do they not also PED test? Honest question as I do not know the answer. 

I believe they do but the results are not instant and honestly if he’s doing test with Dbol or something mild like var or tbol that can be out of his system. Ol Miss players have a reputation for using.

WR is a weird position in the draft, it seems like it should be relatively straight forward to see which guys are going to be quick and agile with good hands while others will struggle. However, most teams seem to really struggle to find good receivers, while others can churn them out with some regularity (such as Pittsburgh). 

One thing is certain, and that is that it takes a year or two for WRs to be productive, we need production immediately so i'd like us to get a guy like Adam Humphries as well as a prospect in the 2nd round. I don't want a WR at 9 because i don't trust us to pick one worth that price, much rather go after OL there.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Guys with stupid names like this usually flop.  A lot of times the are QBs but still.

yeah Blaine Gabbert.. Blake Bortles. Jimmy Clausen.. Yuck. You got to sound like a quarterback. 1 syllable hard consonants for the first name, and soft consonants with stresses on the vowells in the last:

John Elway, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan..

ya just gotta sound like a HOF quarterback ya know?