Throw Back Thursday: Pre-Draft discussion about Josh Allen on Rich Eisen Show

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had never seen this before... very good interview with Trent Dilfer on Allen’s testing, arm strength, accuracy 

But I heard here that Josh Allen isnt accurate and Lamar Jackson is like Elway?.  

This is everything that I noticed before last years draft.

Baker Mayfield was probably the most confident and decisive College QB I have ever seen.

Mason Rudolph was a technician, we have to wait to see him though.  I think he scares the sh!t out of Worthlessbuger.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had never seen this before... very good interview with Trent Dilfer on Allen’s testing, arm strength, accuracy 

I think his play on the field this year confirmed what they said. And this was without the athleticism (running) being thrown in.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow this was awesome. I remember thinking after his freakish pro day that he's going to Cleveland . Done deal. I was shocked we scooped him at 7 for a relatively low price tag to trade down. 

You notice before the season and during , he's always getting compared to greats. Favre,Young,Elway,MVP Cam ,  etc. We all see that the potential is out of this world. I love Trents point about the inner voice and how that translates to greatness . The kid has flaws like any 22 year old but his moxie, swag and confidence just jump off the screen and you realize you're watching an elite competitor with ridiculous work ethic and natural leadership . 

He hasn't checked all the boxes in his 10-11(?) starts on the field, but he checks them all off the field. I'm thrilled 17 is a Buffalo Bill baby . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That ball was in the air 65 yards and it was on a dime. 

I just can't believe how inaccurate he is.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

But I heard here that Josh Allen isnt accurate and Lamar Jackson is like Elway?.  

This is everything that I noticed before last years draft.

Baker Mayfield was probably the most confident and decisive College QB I have ever seen.

Mason Rudolph was a technician, we have to wait to see him though.  I think he scares the sh!t out of Worthlessbuger.

I don’t think Ben is worried one bit about Mason Rudolph.

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Uh, this is fake news... because I was told that Josh Allen doesn't even know what a football looks like.

He did take a sip of wine a few weeks ago in a segment for Barstool and remarked that it “tasted like grapes.” Accuracy unquestioned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I dont know man

When you watch this stuff and realize that Josh was actually producing more running yards then our running backs last year......

Excited for future.....get Josh Allen receivers that can get behind defenses and get a OL that can consistantly give him production.......

Then.....sit back and enjoy

Ahhh Trent Dilfer, my go to example for what ‘just good enough to win championships’ can look like, or at least did back then.  

Personally I have a feeling Josh is gonna at least be Mitch Stafford good... 

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont know man

When you watch this stuff and realize that Josh was actually producing more running yards then our running backs last year......

Excited for future.....get Josh Allen receivers that can get behind defenses and get a OL that can consistantly give him production.......

Then.....sit back and enjoy

Actually I belive he needs to work on his short game.

The check down was almost always wide open this season for modest chain moving chunks..   JA never seemed to take it. 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ahhh Trent Dilfer, my go to example for what ‘just good enough to win championships’ can look like, or at least did back then.  

Personally I have a feeling Josh is gonna at least be Mitch Stafford good... 

Actually I belive he needs to work on his short game.

The check down was almost always wide open this season for modest chain moving chunks..   JA never seemed to take it. 

It will be there even more so if they get deep threats.......

Josh Allen is not a finished product by any means.....just unreal potential on how good he could be though.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It will be there even more so if they get deep threats.......

Josh Allen is not a finished product by any means.....just unreal potential on how good he could be though.

I’m coming from the other side saying if he starts using the short stuff it will open up the deeper stuff. 

The FO demonstrated a shift to quickness and pure speed outside as the season went on to capitalize on that cannon arm

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Dillards so positive about someone.  He’s known to inspire controversy on ESPN, but in some way I feel like he speaks his mind and doesn’t care what people think of him.

Allen has an entire off season, not having to get ready for the combine, and his Pro day, and just work on his craft.  I remember his last interview he said something to the effect of I’m going to take a couple of weeks off, which he more than deserves, and then said he is going to commit to his training, mechanics, and being the best he can next year.  That may be QB speak, but to me I believe him.  Let’s just hope his off season personal coach is on the same page as Dorsey and Daboll.  I heard on WGR, they were going to give their recommendations, and that is all you can ask for staying within the rules, and having a collaboration.

And yes, is it September yet.  At least we can look forward to what happens in free agency and the draft before the desert of May until August.  I could care less what is reported about OTA’s.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m coming from the other side saying if he starts using the short stuff it will open up the deeper stuff. 

The FO demonstrated a shift to quickness and pure speed outside as the season went on to capitalize on that cannon arm

I definitely agree on the "short stuff" issue: they seemed to purposely emphasize that in the last game, and if he can really build confidence in that aspect, it only makes the downfield game more accessible. 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Dillards so positive about someone.  He’s known to inspire controversy on ESPN, but in some way I feel like he speaks his mind and doesn’t care what people think of him.

Allen has an entire off season, not having to get ready for the combine, and his Pro day, and just work on his craft.  I remember his last interview he said something to the effect of I’m going to take a couple of weeks off, which he more than deserves, and then said he is going to commit to his training, mechanics, and being the best he can next year.  That may be QB speak, but to me I believe him.  Let’s just hope his off season personal coach is on the same page as Dorsey and Daboll.  I heard on WGR, they were going to give their recommendations, and that is all you can ask for staying within the rules, and having a collaboration.

And yes, is it September yet.  At least we can look forward to what happens in free agency and the draft before the desert of May until August.  I could care less what is reported about OTA’s.

I actually think the "QB speak" portion of that interview was where he said he would take "a couple weeks off".  I think he took about 20 minutes off and started right into training for 2019.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I posted that Rich Eisen show about 10 times before the draft last year...

Sure you don't want the Bills to trade for Josh Rosen when the Cards select Murry #1 overall this draft?

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I posted that Rich Eisen show about 10 times before the draft last year...

Sure you don't want the Bills to trade for Josh Rosen when the Cards select Murry #1 overall this draft?

I don’t remember seeing it - i May have. I assumed it had been posted already last year but it looks like a lot of others either didn’t see it either or didn’t remember 

• Like (+1) 1