Anyone get one of these “racist” sweaters ?

Teddy KGB

Gucci, in general, has lost it, and they lost it a long time ago.

There was a time when they were content with simply making gorgeous clothing as only Italians can do.

Then they went totally crazy and started making crap.  I have no idea who is running the show there now, but they need a totally new direction and should go back to making nice things.

Benetton also went insane some years ago.  

Were they selling it in other colors?  It would be typical of today's sensationalizing to completely ignore that possibility.

edit: And I'm offended because it's like a reverse Batman cowl and that's just plain stupid.

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1

That's just lack of judgement. They're Italian, maybe weren't aware but it looks racist as all get out. How can you not see it lol. Makes people look like Samba cartoons.

I'm sure they had different colors or whatever, but that model looks absolutely insane in the black and red one.

They're also just ugly and weird which is offensive to my fashion sense.

22 hours ago, Another Fan said:

In general what percent of the population can afford to drop $850 for a sweater?

Im always astonished reading the prices of very very high end clothing 

Theres great livings to be made by separating stupid people with too damn much money from some of it.  I went to a few of these stores when I was in Chicago last year.  We went to Louis Vatton because my daughter wanted to look at backpacks.  There was zero chance she’d be getting one, but I let her look.  The clothes, etc. were nothing special.  The largest backpack was not big and the small and medium weren’t even big enough to be functional. Basically the merchandise there were all just uber expensive billboards for their logo.  A way for people to show off by telling the world “Hey, look what I can afford!”  It was shameful.  I felt dirty. 

On the original subject of the sweater my first two thoughts were that it looked both incredibly stupid and pretty racist. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Steve O said:

Maybe any publicity is good publicity?

Up until about three years ago, that seemed to be the philosophy.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Basically the merchandise there were all just uber expensive billboards for their logo.  A way for people to show off by telling the world “Hey, look what I can afford!”

I always figured that a plain t-shirt was worth $10.  If a manufacturer wants to slap their oversized brand logo on it, I better get said t-shirt for no more than $5.  I had better get something for the free advertisement.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Theres great livings to be made by separating stupid people with too damn much money from some of it.  I went to a few of these stores when I was in Chicago last year.  We went to Louis Vatton because my daughter wanted to look at backpacks.  There was zero chance she’d be getting one, but I let her look.  The clothes, etc. were nothing special.  The largest backpack was not big and the small and medium weren’t even big enough to be functional. Basically the merchandise there were all just uber expensive billboards for their logo.  A way for people to show off by telling the world “Hey, look what I can afford!”  It was shameful.  I felt dirty. 

On the original subject of the sweater my first two thoughts were that it looked both incredibly stupid and pretty racist. 

This was great:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/business/payless-fake-store/index.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1