Wild Card Sunday: More FA targets to watch

YoloinOhio

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/potential-buffalo-bills-free-agency-targets-to-watch-on-wild-card-Sunday

Chargers at Baltimore, 1:05 pm
L.A. Chargers - WR Tyrell Williams, No. 16 and DT Darius Philon, No. 93

Others considered: CB Jason Verrett, WR Geramy Davis

Baltimore - TE Maxx Williams, No. 87

Others considered: TE Nick Boyle, WR John Brown

Philadelphia at Chicago, 4:40 pm
Philadelphia - LB LaRoy Reynolds, No. 50

Others considered: TE Richard Rodgers, G Chance Warmack

Chicago - RT Bobby Massie, No. 70

Others considered: WR Josh Bellamy, G Eric Kush

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Feel like John Brown and Maxx Williams would be good pickups. John Brown would’ve prolly been difficult to pry away but now with Jackson at QB he may want to leave. 

The Bills were already interested in him last year and offered him a 3 year deal. He elected to go to Baltimore but without looking it up it seems to me he was much more productive with Flacco. I could see him considering the Bills this time around. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Williams but feel like he's a WR2/3. He'd be good competition for Foster and McKenzie so there's that but I wonder what his price is. I have a feeling the Bills are going to have to trade for a WR1 because I don't see one in the draft. Otherwise it's not happening this year.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I like Williams but feel like he's a WR2/3. He'd be good competition for Foster and McKenzie so there's that but I wonder what his price is. I have a feeling the Bills are going to have to trade for a WR1 because I don't see one in the draft. Otherwise it's not happening this year.

Hopefully another team grossly overpays him and not Buffalo

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Hopefully another team grossly overpays him and not Buffalo

Yea I liked him more when the Bills didn't have any speed at WR. Now they have Foster and McKenzie. Not that they should just sit on their hand but I do wonder if he will be asking for a good amount of money.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills were already interested in him last year and offered him a 3 year deal. He elected to go to Baltimore but without looking it up it seems to me he was much more productive with Flacco. I could see him considering the Bills this time around. 

I think he should be our number 1 free agent target. He probably went to Baltimore because of Flacco. With Jackson at QB I could see him wanting out because they will be a run oriented offence. Allen has the Arm to utilize his speed. 

I would like us to go after Brown and Humphries in free agency. Then we can focus on oline and TE early in the draft.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t big fans of any of their receivers here in Baltimore 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

They aren’t big fans of any of their receivers here in Baltimore 

Some things never change! Seems like they blow in their WR core every year... they’ve been bad at drafting them. Can’t help that Perriman is finally producing in Cleveland...

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some things never change! Seems like they blow in their WR core every year... they’ve been bad at drafting them. Can’t help that Perriman is finally producing in Cleveland...

I don’t have an opinion on any of them. I listen to their morning radio show and they probably hate them as much as we did to start the season.   Drops are the big topic of conversation 

22 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

We’re not getting a WR1, unless we draft one. Even then, lots of WR2’s in this draft with WR1 “potential”.  

I’m all on board with getting Josh a couple more WR2’s to go with Foster and Zay.  I think that’s enough to facilitate a big time passing attack, especially if they have speed to stretch the field everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Jason Verritt 

I’m not sure why Joe B included him as someone to watch, he’s been on IR since like August. But maybe just as someone to consider. He’s a really good player but soooo injury prone. Not sure McD goes there. 

I do think Travis Benjamin will be available. Not a huge fan though.

Maxx Williams is a nice fit as a tight end as he can play fullback as well. 86 Nick Boyle is actually very similar and also set to be a UFA. They both block well and are underrated recievers. Grabbing one of them and say Jesse James instantly fixes the tight end position. 

My real offseason target is Forrest Lamp of the Chargers. He's healthy but inactive. I think they will be willing to move him for very little. The guy has big time potential as a guard, got hurt, and is now blocked. Perfect buy low in my opinion. 

Another guy not playing is Alex Lewis of Baltimore. He's being replaced by James Hurst who is among some pretty good guaranteed money and Orlando Brown is at right tackle. They also have Bozeman. Lewis has been hurt quite a bit, but good when he is in there.  He's got one year left on his rookie deal, I'd call the Ravens and see is he is available, as he doesn't really have a spot anymore. Could play either guard and could probably play center as well. Worth a late round pick for sure. 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Golden Tate, please. 

Golden is my #1 FA WR target. Great hands. League leading RAC. A true baller of the highest order.  With at least 1 SB win would be a great influence and example for the rest of our WRs.  Would look great in a Bills suit.

Please. Pretty please.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Prefer Golden Staph.

He is too old to pay the bucks required.. 

He'll be 31 on opening day.  For a WR that's not too old. Did you see today's game?  IMHO we need to bring in some smart good hands vets to help Josh develop AND help us win. How far do we want to kick the can down the road?  Cap's straightened out, it's time to win.  You get what you pay for.

Gheez, I'd probably take Chris Burkett over Golden Staph.

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, reddogblitz said:

He'll be 31 on opening day.  For a WR that's not too old. Did you see today's game?  IMHO we need to bring in some smart good hands vets to help Josh develop AND help us win. How far do we want to kick the can down the road?  Cap's straightened out, it's time to win.  You get what you pay for.

And how much do you want to pay for him?

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Another guy not playing is Alex Lewis of Baltimore. He's being replaced by James Hurst who is among some pretty good guaranteed money and Orlando Brown is at right tackle. They also have Bozeman. Lewis has been hurt quite a bit, but good when he is in there.  He's got one year left on his rookie deal, I'd call the Ravens and see is he is available, as he doesn't really have a spot anymore. Could play either guard and could probably play center as well. Worth a late round pick for sure. 

Alex Lewis once took an Air Force cadet by the head and drove him into a brick wall repeatedly until he was unconscious.

But, respect the troops and all that.

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

And how much do you want to pay for him?

Honestly I don't know. I don't handle the Bills finances, understand the salary cap, and I'm a football ? fan, not an accounting fan.  We DO have 90 mil or so I've heard many times.

I just know the QB we traded several good players and trade up substantial draft capitol on wasn't able to do as much to develop throwing to schmucks with bad hands. That needs to change.  I think Golden with his talent, history of winning and drive to succeed is just what the doctor ordered.

As i see it, we need to bring in 2, preferably 3 guys that are better than what we have.

Look at the guys that Luck, Foles, Dak, Watson, Rivers, and  Russel were throwing to this weekend. If we want to  compete we need that too.

How much would you say is too much?

Edited by reddogblitz

I’m all for providing the QB we gave up so much for with some quality assets..

I would be looking across both Draft and FA..

My thoughts..

I think Golden Staph will be signing for $11M per year somewhere else..

I Prefer a younger model..perhaps

Tyrell Williams for same yearly money and an extra year or two?

Also get Josh a TE from somewhere.. 

Then  use four of our picks on another  TE, RB and WR( x2)

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Alex Lewis once took an Air Force cadet by the head and drove him into a brick wall repeatedly until he was unconscious.

But, respect the troops and all that.

It was a terrible situation. It was one of those drunken rages, and the guy he assaulted opened to be a cadet. Bug I think Beane and McDermott are willing to take chances on guys with this type of sitauation. It happened a long time ago. They just signed Duke Williams, and Dion Dawkins had so sort of testsorone rage arrest as well. 

Anyways I was saying the Alex Lewis could be a guy available for trade this offseason, and he's played well when healthy. I think our front office will be open to being creative to improve the line....it doesn't just have to be through free agency and the draft. 

Golden Tate ..... experienced winner.

Gets open with 3.0 yards separation, excellent hands, always good RAC, very good blocker and based on Detroit player comments, hard worker & a solid guy in the locker room.

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

Golden Tate ..... experienced winner.

Gets open with 3.0 yards separation, excellent hands, always good RAC, very good blocker and based on Detroit player comments, hard worker & a solid guy in the locker room.

Doesn’t separate much anymore but he still has good hands. The problem with signing Tate is not year 1, it’s the 2nd and 3rd years of the deal he is going to want. He will be a liability before long. 

Heck, before yesterday Philly Fans were already complaining of the trade because his lack of production. 

I tried to spend a lot of time watching tyrell since soooooo many on here are high on signing him. I didn’t see anything very good at all. He was constantly jammed at the line and couldn’t seem to get around it, dropped one good ball thrown to him. Not sure where the hype came from maybe it was just a bad game. I’m not sold that he should be priority 1 in free agency for receivers. I’m still hopeful for some form of trade or a release like desean Jackson or something similar. 

I kinda feel if we are hoping Williams or Funchess is signing to help fix our issue at receiver we are gonna be highly disappointed next season. 

I think a rookie drafted is a given but still need some form of veteran leadership signed in free agency. I’m not a fan of Tate but given the other options he may be the most logical choice 

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Doesn’t separate much anymore but he still has good hands. The problem with signing Tate is not year 1, it’s the 2nd and 3rd years of the deal he is going to want. He will be a liability before long. 

Heck, before yesterday Philly Fans were already complaining of the trade because his lack of production. 

The 3.0 yards is from this year, which puts him in a group that includes Beckham, JuJu Smith Schuster, Robert Woods.  As an internal team reference, Robert Foster is at 2.7.

Maybe he wasn't quite in synch yet with Foles but we know from this forum, that fans complain as a hobby.

Hard to say for contract $$ or when he'll start to fall off, but Steve Smith was effective when he was in his mid-30's.

Tate has hardly ever been injured enough to make him sit, so he might be healthy for a few more years.

I just think it would be good to have a guy on a young team that doesn't need to be 'coached up' -- or-- kicked in the ass to work hard.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I tried to spend a lot of time watching tyrell since soooooo many on here are high on signing him. I didn’t see anything very good at all. He was constantly jammed at the line and couldn’t seem to get around it, dropped one good ball thrown to him. Not sure where the hype came from maybe it was just a bad game. I’m not sold that he should be priority 1 in free agency for receivers. I’m still hopeful for some form of trade or a release like desean Jackson or something similar. 

I kinda feel if we are hoping Williams or Funchess is signing to help fix our issue at receiver we are gonna be highly disappointed next season. 

I think a rookie drafted is a given but still need some form of veteran leadership signed in free agency. I’m not a fan of Tate but given the other options he may be the most logical choice 

Tyrell Williams is this years Bryant Johnson.. People on here are clamoring for him for some strange reason and he’ll get overpaid somewhere and flop.  People here will cry their eyes out if he doesn’t sign here.  

Anybody looking at Tyrell Williams as anything other than a WR3 will be highly disappointed. Would he help our WR corps? Absolutely. But he isn't going to make a very large difference, he's basically a league average WR. Let somebody else pay WR2 money for that.

Bobby Massie RT of Bears got my attention as played well all game.

And was only Bear to go over and console the kicker after miss at the end, check the film he hugged him after the miss.  That's a team mate!

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, Wayne Cubed said:

Teams don't need WR1, just a compilation of guys that get the job done.  Williams is a bad option because he is going to cost a fortune.  

We are better off drafting a WR in the second and letting the corps grow with Allen.